Purpose of the debate forum - is this limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this really the only reason for this sub forum -

A subforum where WOF and non-WOF may discuss their different theological ideas.

Or is it open for any debate? Because if it's only open for WOF vs non-WOF (or whatever their new name is), it will probably be largely unused.

Will you be changing the bi-line once the non-WoF have changed their minds?

Not trying to split hairs - just asking a curiosity question.

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We will be getting that verbiage updated along with the change of the non-WoF forum name. I expect a bit of confusion for a short while over this. As for the existing threads in the main forum. Eventually the debates will be moved into this forum on a case-by-case basis, once the staff has consensus on the action. The idea is that there will be no debate in the main forum, (which means no more need for the [NO DEBATE] tag), and all debate will be in here.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is ridiculous!

Now we have to come in here as well as checking the other forum because things might be moved here regularly if deemed to be debate.

Who decides what is discussion and what is debate? If we're respectful and loving, who cares which category it falls into anyway? Why can't people just be NICE and stop causing all this aggro so those of us that enjoy discussing and debating and just having fun can do so in peace without petty rules popping up all over the shop?!

For goodness sake, this is an internet forum, debate is par for the course, why are we so afraid of it we have to lock it in a cage all alone?!

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sorry, rant over, whatever....

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Today I introduced a new discipline technique to my child minders. The time out. After 9 months one little two-year-old girl will still grab and twist the face of another child that has something she wants. Or if she just feels like.

Perhaps this is will be the time-out corner for those who don't discuss so nicely.

Or maybe those looking for avid discussion will post here. On the main forum the threads do move quickly. If you take a day to compose a reply, your have to go looking for the original thread on the 2nd or 3rd page.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
L

LaffyTaffy

This is ridiculous!

Now we have to come in here as well as checking the other forum because things might be moved here regularly if deemed to be debate.

Who decides what is discussion and what is debate? If we're respectful and loving, who cares which category it falls into anyway? Why can't people just be NICE and stop causing all this aggro so those of us that enjoy discussing and debating and just having fun can do so in peace without petty rules popping up all over the shop?!

For goodness sake, this is an internet forum, debate is par for the course, why are we so afraid of it we have to lock it in a cage all alone?!

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Rant on! You're totally right. People who don't like debate, maybe they should just start a private club, like use msn messenger or something. What a crock.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is ridiculous!

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It wasn't the members' decision ;)

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
We will be getting that verbiage updated along with the change of the non-WoF forum name. I expect a bit of confusion for a short while over this. As for the existing threads in the main forum. Eventually the debates will be moved into this forum on a case-by-case basis, once the staff has consensus on the action. The idea is that there will be no debate in the main forum, (which means no more need for the [NO DEBATE] tag), and all debate will be in here.
HI! :D
No need to wait until a name change Why not this so anyone can debate?

It should say :

Spirit Filled / Charismatic Debate A subforum where Spirit filled and charismatic Christians may discuss their different theological ideas.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I introduced a new discipline technique to my child minders. The time out. After 9 months one little two-year-old girl will still grab and twist the face of another child that has something she wants. Or if she just feels like.

Perhaps this is will be the time-out corner for those who don't discuss so nicely.

Love it! Let's call it the "Time Out Forum" or maybe "Naughty Corner" or something! ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J4Jesus

Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Mods
I have a suggestion :wave:
If everyone doesn't get to have their own congregations, why not put us in faith groups? The NON WOF could be called Charismatics
If they want to get together, change this forum to SPIRIT FILLED and the subforum SPIRITFILLED debate, since all of us ( and the pentecostals) are SPIRITFILLED
How simple is that?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ALSO (MODS TAKE NOTE)...
If someone starts a fellowship post in the main forum and people come in and start debating against the OP... you don't sent the thread to the debate area! We will report the posts that are debating the OP and the mods get to remove them. But just because people start debating in a fellowship thread that does not mean the thread gets stuck in here.
Let the fellowship threads remain... stomp the debate posts!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love it! Let's call it the "Time Out Forum" or maybe "Naughty Corner" or something! ^_^

Time out forum and naughty corner sounds like about right! Detention!
Lock down! How about the "Behavior Modification" forum! ^_^

The "Examination Room." The "Box Office." "Tea Room":sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.