Prominent Neo-Nazi From Charlottesville March Killed Himself Before Facing Trial for Smuggling Fentanyl from Mexico

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,901.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Teddy Joseph Von Nukem, one of the most prominent faces lit by the glow of tiki torches in what became the lasting image of the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, killed himself as he was due to face criminal trial last month.

The 35-year-old skipped out on his first day of trial for a drug trafficking charge in Arizona on the morning of Jan. 30, according to court records. At the very moment a federal judge was issuing a warrant for his arrest, Von Nukem was actually still at his home in Missouri, where he had walked out in the snow behind the hay shed and shot himself.

[Von Nukem] glorified the violence, and researchers of domestic extremism suspect he was a key figure in a brutal beating of a black man [at the Charlottesville rally].

[In March 2021] Customs and Border Protection agents discovered 15 kilograms of fentanyl pills hidden behind the seats and floor compartment of his 2019 Nissan Pathfinder.

According to law enforcement records, Von Nukem quickly admitted that he had been paid 4,000 Mexican pesos (around $215) to smuggle the pills into the country.
Oh no!

Anyway……

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He’s mid-scream, but probably not the guy you’re thinking of. You’re thinking of the other of the two guys in the middle.

Yeah if that's the picture of him....I doubt I'd recognize him on the street. I don't even know if he'd be recognized in Charlottesville.

Just looking around at my view of the world.
I thought you were in video game production? As I'm typing this I literally realized it's a form of entertainment lol.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought you were in video game production? As I'm typing this I literally realized it's a form of entertainment lol.
These days, that's the overwhelming majority of it. But I've worked audio production for live events (mostly concerts, theater, and HOW) for longer and though I don't do it much anymore, I still keep an eye on things and still know a bunch of people who work in that industry and in tv/film. And it's still mostly white guys, except in theater where, at least in my experience, there are a lot more women in tech/stagehand roles.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Teddy Joseph Von Nukem, one of the most prominent faces lit by the glow of tiki torches in what became the lasting image of the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, killed himself as he was due to face criminal trial last month.

The 35-year-old skipped out on his first day of trial for a drug trafficking charge in Arizona on the morning of Jan. 30, according to court records. At the very moment a federal judge was issuing a warrant for his arrest, Von Nukem was actually still at his home in Missouri, where he had walked out in the snow behind the hay shed and shot himself.

[Von Nukem] glorified the violence, and researchers of domestic extremism suspect he was a key figure in a brutal beating of a black man [at the Charlottesville rally].

[In March 2021] Customs and Border Protection agents discovered 15 kilograms of fentanyl pills hidden behind the seats and floor compartment of his 2019 Nissan Pathfinder.

According to law enforcement records, Von Nukem quickly admitted that he had been paid 4,000 Mexican pesos (around $215) to smuggle the pills into the country.

From his obituary:

"Some people knew Ted and understood he was a different type of fellow and had different views of things"

Upvote 0