Prominent Neo-Nazi From Charlottesville March Killed Himself Before Facing Trial for Smuggling Fentanyl from Mexico

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟842,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Teddy Joseph Von Nukem, one of the most prominent faces lit by the glow of tiki torches in what became the lasting image of the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, killed himself as he was due to face criminal trial last month.

The 35-year-old skipped out on his first day of trial for a drug trafficking charge in Arizona on the morning of Jan. 30, according to court records. At the very moment a federal judge was issuing a warrant for his arrest, Von Nukem was actually still at his home in Missouri, where he had walked out in the snow behind the hay shed and shot himself.

[Von Nukem] glorified the violence, and researchers of domestic extremism suspect he was a key figure in a brutal beating of a black man [at the Charlottesville rally].

[In March 2021] Customs and Border Protection agents discovered 15 kilograms of fentanyl pills hidden behind the seats and floor compartment of his 2019 Nissan Pathfinder.

According to law enforcement records, Von Nukem quickly admitted that he had been paid 4,000 Mexican pesos (around $215) to smuggle the pills into the country.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Teddy Joseph Von Nukem, one of the most prominent faces lit by the glow of tiki torches in what became the lasting image of the 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, killed himself as he was due to face criminal trial last month.

The 35-year-old skipped out on his first day of trial for a drug trafficking charge in Arizona on the morning of Jan. 30, according to court records. At the very moment a federal judge was issuing a warrant for his arrest, Von Nukem was actually still at his home in Missouri, where he had walked out in the snow behind the hay shed and shot himself.

[Von Nukem] glorified the violence, and researchers of domestic extremism suspect he was a key figure in a brutal beating of a black man [at the Charlottesville rally].

[In March 2021] Customs and Border Protection agents discovered 15 kilograms of fentanyl pills hidden behind the seats and floor compartment of his 2019 Nissan Pathfinder.

According to law enforcement records, Von Nukem quickly admitted that he had been paid 4,000 Mexican pesos (around $215) to smuggle the pills into the country.
So much for open borders.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sounds like an interesting guy:

His obituary, which has since been taken offline by the funeral home, says that Von Nukem “left what [he] always referred to as his ‘meat suit’” in Hartshorn, Mo., last month.

Von Nukem — who was born as Ted Landrum and changed his name in honor of Duke Nukem, the video game character

but still:
Von Nukem is survived by his wife and five children, whose ages are between 6 months old and 8 years, according to his obituary.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ugh....5 children? I'm sure I know why so many but for Pete's sake...you don't need to smuggle fentanyl to feed 2 children.
I think that you’ll find that people will do just about anything to feed their children.
What do you do to feed your children?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think that you’ll find that people will do just about anything to feed their children.

Well I don't have any I can't feed. I always felt that was the responsible course of action.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ugh....5 children? I'm sure I know why so many but for Pete's sake...you don't need to smuggle fentanyl to feed 2 children.
I imagine that being the face of Charlottesville limited his employment options, though from what I hear about the construction industry and what I know about the entertainment industry, I expect he could've picked up work in either.

I didn't expect to get sad over a nazi sympathizer, but I can't imagine doing anything that would keep me from seeing my kids grow up.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟498,505.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Pretty sure you could make 215 dollars in a less risky way.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I imagine that being the face of Charlottesville limited his employment

Is this the same guy who ran over that girl?

options, though from what I hear about the construction industry and what I know about the entertainment industry, I expect he could've picked up work in either.

I don't know what sort of entertainment you watch....but from what I hear, they ain't hiring white guys.

I didn't expect to get sad over a nazi sympathizer, but I can't imagine doing anything that would keep me from seeing my kids grow up.

Very fine people on both sides eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this the same guy who ran over that girl?

No, if you’ve seen pics of the guys carrying tiki torches, he’s one of the two right in the front middle. With the black shirt.

He was also involved with beating up a black guy during the event.
I don't know what sort of entertainment you watch....but from what I hear, they ain't hiring white guys.

You hear wrong.

I was thinking of crew work, which is still mostly white guys. He ought to be able to find work loading trucks and pushing cases. I’ve met some …characters… doing that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟335,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It brings money to feed his two children. Even though this person killed himself. Suicide is a big no, no. Kills the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, if you’ve seen pics of the guys carrying tiki torches, he’s one of the two right in the front middle. With the black shirt.

He was also involved with beating up a black guy during the event.

Ahhh....I don't even have to look it up. Is he the guy mid-scream with the angry look on his face where the veins on his neck appeared to be moments from popping?

You hear wrong.

I was thinking of crew work, which is still mostly white guys.

I wasn't aware that anyone had done any racial breakdowns of those jobs.

You're right though, I definitely didn't think of those jobs....since all anyone who cares about racial hiring quotas seems concerned with are positions of high visibility and power.

We don't exactly hear any demands from feminists about being shut out of the masonry trade.

He ought to be able to find work loading trucks and pushing cases. I’ve met some …characters… doing that.

I'm sure you have.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It brings money to feed his two children. Even though this person killed himself. Suicide is a big no, no. Kills the holy spirit.
I used to universally reject the idea of suicide....until a loved one faced the prospect of agonizing pain, every waking moment, for the rest of their life. The longer it continued without any hope in sight...the more I ended up reevaluating my beliefs about suicide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,254.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Nazism and criminality, with a side-dish of violence. Perhaps he should have simply taken some of the little pills...

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟52,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suicide is self-murder. As to the theological issues...I can't say. I've had my strict personal belief challenged by clergy at the funeral of a suicide victim. Yet, it is self-murder.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟52,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well said. I know of a long-deceased moonshiner who did so for that reason. What he did was a crime, but people in a tight spot can make bad decisions.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhh....I don't even have to look it up. Is he the guy mid-scream with the angry look on his face where the veins on his neck appeared to be moments from popping?

He’s mid-scream, but probably not the guy you’re thinking of. You’re thinking of the other of the two guys in the middle.
I wasn't aware that anyone had done any racial breakdowns of those jobs.

Just looking around at my view of the world.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship