Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Coffee has jumped in price twice now on the past month and a half. Last time I bought coffee it was a 25% increase over the previous purchase, and looking at coffee again this shopping trip it's up another 12% .. all this in only two orders. (And we do drink and enjoy our coffee in this house) it this keeps up we won't be able to afford it anymore.

I'm already buying more off brand items than ever before because everything is increasing it in price at every shopping trip, and very very soon we will have to decide what we can live without.

I have two large containers of peanut butter, 20 pounds of beans and 20 pounds of rice for the eventually that we have to watch everything. I'm thinking of another 20 pound bag of rice just to be safe, and considering throwing a couple pigs in the yard.

When all else fails, beans and rice it will be... And perhaps some pork.

Prices are just getting ridiculous.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
While prices are going up, wages are not.
Unfortunately, that's like a dog chasing his tail; businesses in many cases cannot absorb wage increases and remain competitive, or maintain a decent profit (their wage)... so, they hold off on wage increases as long as they can and then just pass them on to customers in the form of higher prices when they have to. Businesses can't continually make-up for government's bad policies that create inflation. Many working people don't realize it, but choosing poorly when voting does have personal consequences (we're seeing that now). Something for nothing doesn't exist... in the business world anyway.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've certainly got guts to defend this cesspool situation. The Dem oligarchs won't even stand-up like that.
It takes guts to even mention the name of the former president. I think Rex Tillerson described him best.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It takes guts to even mention the name of the former president. I think Rex Tillerson described him best.
Like so many who hated Trump more than they liked sound policies, they just can't let him go, even after two years. In the wake of current disasterous conditions, it must be the only justification left after the last presidential election for those who feel like they chose... poorly.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟713,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard on the radio yesterday to expect another 10-15% increase shortly.

I wasn't buying coffee the other day, as I was just grabbing a mother's day gift and an item I had missed last order, but coffee is up 50% now over what it was less than two months ago.

I am still in shock, just so fast! Not even time to acclimate to the last price hike.

Does anyone know of any good inexpensive off brands to buy?

We probably need an off brand thread at this point...

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't buying coffee the other day, as I was just grabbing a mother's day gift and an item I had missed last order, but coffee is up 50% now over what it was less than two months ago.

I am still in shock, just so fast! Not even time to acclimate to the last price hike.

Does anyone know of any good inexpensive off brands to buy?

We probably need an off brand thread at this point...
It's probably getting much worse, and won't end soon. Just wait until this growing season is over. I'm already hearing farmers complain about higher wages, cost of fertilizer and fuel. I'm afraid we're in for it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
“Let them eat cake” is the most famous quote attributed to Marie-Antoinette, the queen of France during the French Revolution. As the story goes, it was the queen's response upon being told that her starving peasant subjects had no bread.
https://www.britannica.com

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟713,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“Let them eat cake” is the most famous quote attributed to Marie-Antoinette, the queen of France during the French Revolution. As the story goes, it was the queen's response upon being told that her starving peasant subjects had no bread.
https://www.britannica.com

Brioche!

Enriched bread.. :)

I've known this for a long time.. it's cool even if it might not have been true..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like so many who hated Trump more than they liked sound policies, they just can't let him go, even after two years. In the wake of current disasterous conditions, it must be the only justification left after the last presidential election for those who feel like they chose... poorly.
Open your mind a little to the broader picture than your narrow partisan spectacles allow.

"The Fed realizes it can’t do anything about supply chain disruptions. It can’t do anything about the bottlenecks for natural resources because there’s a war in Europe or there’s a lockdown in Shanghai. It’s powerless over that, but what the Fed can do is try to curtail demand and allow inflation to start to moderate that way.
https://www.fidelity.com/bin-public...05.10.22_Market_Sense_Final_Transcription.pdf

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Open your mind a little to the broader picture than your narrow partisan spectacles allow.

"The Fed realizes it can’t do anything about supply chain disruptions. It can’t do anything about the bottlenecks for natural resources because there’s a war in Europe or there’s a lockdown in Shanghai. It’s powerless over that, but what the Fed can do is try to curtail demand and allow inflation to start to moderate that way.
https://www.fidelity.com/bin-public...05.10.22_Market_Sense_Final_Transcription.pdf
You don't seem to understand that Trump would have not been asleep at the wheel and let the war in Ukraine happen in the first place. And he was trying to bring companies and production back to the U.S., so supply chain issues would likely not be the problem they are now. When you're asleep at the wheel you can only react.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟288,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't seem to understand that Trump would have not been asleep at the wheel and let the war in Ukraine happen in the first place. And he was trying to bring companies and production back to the U.S., so supply chain issues would likely not be the problem they are now. When you're asleep at the wheel you can only react.
How would he have prevented the war in Ukraine?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0