victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I don't think anyone is concerned about the eclipse itself.
If anything does happen , it will more than likely be some sort of wacko lucifarian cult taking advantage of the situation , and then saying , "oh look it must be the eclipse that did it".

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I posted about it on my thread. Here's my suggestion prayer wise:

Spiritually speaking, I recommend midnight prayer before the event with petitions addressing the negative use of the sun to harm, demonic upheaval, protection against the devourer (financial harm), and spiritual stamina.

~bella

• Informative
Reactions: guyver
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone noticed that Mr Bean above , is standing in an open paddock where nothing can harm him , except maybe a bird pooping on his head at the point of the eclipse.
If he wants us to believe that nothing is going to happen , then he should be in a city where buildings can fall on him in the event of an earth quake or some other disaster.

I hope a crazy bull attacks him at the point of the eclipse and gets him right in the butt. That will teach him for being smart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eclipses happen all the time, there was one just a few years ago that my husband and I enjoyed watching and taking pictures of. We had a great time... Went on top of the mountain to get the best shots.

People are acting crazy about this one. It's very confusing to me...

If these are warnings, the one 7 years ago was a warning to the Church/Israel, this one is the warning to the world...

But everyone is just freaking out... I'm confused about that I admit. There's a lot of "the sky is falling" with a decided lack of repentance...

If people take these as warnings, then they should be repenting...not freaking out.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But everyone is just freaking out... I'm confused about that I admit. There's a lot of "the sky is falling"
Yep that's what i'm hearing also , exciting isn't it..lol
Not long to go now.

Reminds me of Y2K , everyone was freaking out then too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reminds me of Y2K , everyone was freaking out then too.

I missed your edit... Honestly, this time just makes me think of

JONAH 3:1–10
Let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and let them call out mightily to God. Let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands” (v. 8).

And how if this is a warning to turn from evil then people are doing this instead

Matthew 12:41 "The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here"

And of this

Revelation 9:20-21 "The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts."

Who's repenting?

Even if it's not a sign of great worldwide things, if "you" think it's a sign - start repenting. Find out what the log is and remove it.

(You is in parentheses to point out maybe God is saying something to individuals...)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know the statistics. But I seriously doubt most people come to faith as a result of ominous feelings. Whether they anticipate a negative outcome or suspect the source is diabolical. Recognition of external wrongs is rarely the reason people find their way to God. It's usually personal. Nor does recognition equal repentance.

Acknowledgment of evil can be the catalyst for greater exploration which can lead to God. But the Lord draws us. The methods He employs are rarely as simplistic as Christian expressions or expected time frames. It's usually a process that's been underway far longer than the person suspects. It's only when you review your experiences in hindsight that it's evident.

While I cannot speak for others, I'm not panicking. Reading the times and seasons is part of my spiritual practice and an integral tool for decision-making as are other aids. As I see things on the horizon or beginning to unfold my prayers follow suit and adjustments are made as needed in the natural.

I keep my eyes on the Lord but I'm not oblivious to things occurring around me. Nor am I deceived by persons or entities that appear to be righteous or in line with the Lord but their actions say otherwise. For everything bears witness to its source.

I made a conscious decision to see the truth. Not with my eyes or emotions or customs and religious teachings but with the word. The only question I need to answer in light of the circumstances is who's talking? Does it mimic the Lord or something else? There's no gray in that equation. It is or it isn't.

Once that occurs all that remains is adjustment. If it's not of God whatever I thought beforehand must be set aside or I'm going to be deceived and future compromises will occur. It doesn't matter what I thought or what I believed or hoped. What I was taught or others feel on the subject.

What matters most is the willingness to ask the question and confront the dichotomy. That's how you learn to spot the lie and get ahead of it God-willing. You see the handwriting on the wall.

That's my approach and yours may differ. I chose a way of life that doesn't keep me up at night. I don't lose any sleep over the world, the government or the devil. I see them as they are and move accordingly.

~bella

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who's repenting?
Not all but a lot of people who see it as a sign are not nesessarily religious people , many are looking at Asronomy , Astrology and all that other new age stuff.
You know , like I mentioned earlier Lucifarian cults and the like.

Repentance is probably last on their list.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where do you live? I know of nobody freaking out, I actually did not know that there will be a solar eclipse, nobody is talking about it. There will be maybe some small report in some news and thats it. Maybe you live in some extra superstitious community.
There's nobody running around the streets pulling their hair out saying the end is nigh.
It's all on social media , alternative media etc
Here is one on youtube , even if you don't look at it , the headlines say it all.

Although I do recommend the first few mins , and this guy is a christian.

• Agree
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's nobody running around the streets pulling their hair out saying the end is nigh.
It's all on social media , alternative media etc
Here is one on youtube , even if you don't look at it , the headlines say it all.

Although I do recommend the first few mins , and this guy is a christian.

Its similar to astrology.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟219,272.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I suspect those who make predictions of things that will take place because of an eclipse have already made up their minds regardless of what doesn't seem to happen there will be something regardless of how small they'll connect their reasonings to like did you see that big snow storm that happened the next day? Or anything, just anything to show they were not wrong.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe you live in some extra superstitious community?

America... Lol

I have always been into photography so all things nature or natural I'm into...

Photography of blood moons and eclipses are cool so I have always paid attention to photographic events. I used to have the sunrise sunset website permanently up on my computer so when it was predicted to be a perfect sunrise for photos I could be set up...

But this eclipse people are acting very different. I'm seeing news articles telling people to stay inside, make sure you have food and medicine for a few days so you don't have to go out...

YouTube, never sane, has taken insane to new heights etc.

Because I do follow celestial events just for photography, these blood moons and eclipses since 2014 are very unusual, I must say.

Plus, all of them are falling on major portions of the Jewish calendar. Both eclipses for instance, (2017 and now) are both occuring on the first day of the Jewish calendar New Year (if I remember correctly).

All the blood moons fell on special calendar days as well.

Im not superstitious, but I am faithful and the Bible does talk about us knowing things because of signs.

My stance on all of this is just that. If they are signs, they are telling us to repent of sin, at least that's what this says to Americans, both the churched and unchurched.

I won't say they are, but if they are that's the purpose for them: telling people to repent.

We repent and make sure there's no sin between us and God because when events occur being in a right standing with God helps us to both see and react to events as they occur, rightly.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
America... Lol

I have always been into photography so all things nature or natural I'm into...

Photography of blood moons and eclipses are cool so I have always paid attention to photographic events. I used to have the sunrise sunset website permanently up on my computer so when it was predicted to be a perfect sunrise for photos I could be set up...

But this eclipse people are acting very different. I'm seeing news articles telling people to stay inside, make sure you have food and medicine for a few days so you don't have to go out...

YouTube, never sane, has taken insane to new heights etc.

Because I do follow celestial events just for photography, these blood moons and eclipses since 2014 are very unusual, I must say.

Plus, all of them are falling on major portions of the Jewish calendar. Both eclipses for instance, (2017 and now) are both occuring on the first day of the Jewish calendar New Year (if I remember correctly).

All the blood moons fell on special calendar days as well.

Im not superstitious, but I am faithful and the Bible does talk about us knowing things because of signs.

My stance on all of this is just that. If they are signs, they are telling us to repent of sin, at least that's what this says to Americans, both the churched and unchurched.

I won't say they are, but if they are that's the purpose for them: telling people to repent.

We repent and make sure there's no sin between us and God because when events occur being in a right standing with God helps us to both see and react to events as they occur, rightly.
OK, I am from Europe and I am somehow not able to comprehend this style of thinking. Natural phenomena occurs naturally (thats why we can forecast it happening with such precision), there is no sign or warning of anything in it anymore than in breaking a mirror, in the Friday of 13th or in a black cat crossing the road.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟219,272.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OK, I am from Europe and I am somehow not able to comprehend this style of thinking.
I'm from North America and I can't understand this way of thinking either. Lot of us here share your sentiments so just so you know it's not a European thing.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am from Europe and I am somehow not able to comprehend this style of thinking.

25 “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

This is why some people look at some things like the groupings of celestial events in the last 10 years as potentially being signs.

And of course these are natural events, I'm certainly not saying otherwise. I'm just personally saying IF (emphasis added), if these are signs they are telling people to repent of sin.

You know, if anyone has any need of repentance...Gods available, always has been.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
25 “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

This is why some people look at some things like the groupings of celestial events in the last 10 years as potentially being signs.

And of course these are natural events, I'm certainly not saying otherwise. I'm just personally saying IF (emphasis added), if these are signs they are telling people to repent of sin.

You know, if anyone has any need of repentance...
It was a specific sign for the 1st century audience. Similar to Paul saying the end will not come before Nero will come to power.

Its not a general warning that we should consider every astronomical phenomena to be a sign, since then and forever.

The text is not about a modern eclipse in the USA.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟710,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was a specific sign for the 1st century audience. Similar to Paul saying the end will not come before Nero will come to power.

Its not a general warning that we should consider every astronomical phenomena to be a sign, since then and forever.

I'm Amillenial, not every sign was for their day, some were for the future second advent.

When it's Jesus talking about the coming of the Son of Man - whom He is - after prophecying the destruction of Jerusalem Temple, I think we can safely say what I quoted from Luke 21:25 is a discussion on events before the second advent, not the events prior to the first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm Amillenial, not every sign was for their day, some were for the future second advent.

When it's Jesus talking about the coming of the Son of Man - whom He is - after prophecying the destruction of Jerusalem, I think we can safely say its a discussion on events before the second advent, not the events prior to the first.
The context (the original audience) were the 1st century disciples. Not the 21st century Americans. I know many Americans are of a different opinion, thats why so many fears and superstition among them, I guess.

Upvote 0