Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wrote my spiritual mom today to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving.

She wrote back saying the same and said that she was just praying for me.

We are separated due to a huge fight.

Please pray for us as individuals and also for our relationship that it will heal. Please! I am so relying on prayers right now.

Please also pray for my dead mom, dad, grandma, uncle and nephew.

Thanks.

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I don't know how to feel about it or if I should pursue it further. I'm afraid to talk to her rn; afraid of rejection. It's hard bc I want her to feel like she can always come to me and also I am so very thankful that she is remembering to pray for me. But, my heart is bursting my chest wide open. I need her in my life so badly. She is my life, my Mary, my everything.If God hadn't taken my real mom things might not be so painful

I wrote my spiritual mom today to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving.

She wrote back saying the same and said that she was just praying for me.

We are separated due to a huge fight.

Please pray for us as individuals and also for our relationship that it will heal. Please! I am so relying on prayers right now.

Please also pray for my dead mom, dad, grandma, uncle and nephew.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
It seems like your spiritual Mom, maybe interested in reconciling with you after all. :prayer:
I hope with everything I have, that it is so! O Lord Jesus, please, I beg you, give me back my mother! Restore the broken trust. May we always be together! Amen!!!

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Orthodox means right belief and in this case is being used as an adjective where Eastern or Oriental Orthodox is being used as a noun denoting a specific Christian denomination, sect or tradition.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. It's a shame that it's not a noun-a church that CS Lewis would be proud to be apart of and where I didn't feel like a child of divorce. I'd thought about becoming Anglican, when I first encountered Lewis, but was scared away from it because of Henry's break and infidelity and sacking of the monasteries and because today it seems to be becoming more and more liberal (by which, I mean, allowing the world to dictate theology and expression).

Orthodox means right belief and in this case is being used as an adjective where Eastern or Oriental Orthodox is being used as a noun denoting a specific Christian denomination, sect or tradition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigger45

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Both the Continuing Anglicans and the ACNA are conservative Anglicans although some parts of the ACNA parishes can utilize ordained women as priests but not as a bishops.

Being that this is the prayer forum it might be beneficial to you if you started a thread in Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic where a lot more informed members then me could help you with the historic Anglican narrative.

Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Ah. I apologize to everyone. I get lost in conversation.
Both the Continuing Anglicans and the ACNA are conservative Anglicans although some parts of the ACNA parishes can utilize ordained women as priests but not as a bishops.

Being that this is the prayer forum it might be beneficial to you if you started a thread in Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic where a lot more informed members then me could help you with the historic Anglican narrative.

Upvote 0