Stan the Man

Helper and Protector
Dec 9, 2003
Stroud
✟9,623.00
Faith
Christian
Hi everyone :wave:

I think that the thing a church/christian music group needs more than anything else, is prayer. Whether that be for help with choosing the songs, or praying that God will be the focus, or asking God to bless the group with a particular instrument, or anything like that.

So I though it'd be really cool, if people who are involved with a christian music group of some kind, could pray for each other and could ask others to pray for them, particularly because it's easier to know what to pray for if you are involved in a group yourself.

So, yeah, feel free to post anything that you need prayer for relating to leading or being involved with the musical aspect of worship.

Personally, I'm going away on a house party with my uni's Christian Union this weekend and I've been asked to lead the worship. I'm a fresher, so I haven't actually been involved with the C.U for very long. So I need :groupray: that I will lead people into God's presence effectively and confidently.

Cheers guys

Stan

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not entirely sure what a "fresher" is...

Father God, you are the Lord of the Universe, the ruler of all, the Holiest of Holys. You are SO GOOD.

Father, I ask your guidence for Stan as he has the honor and pleasure of leading worship to You. Fill Stan with your Spirit. Let his actions be pleasing to You and may they lead Your people to a better and closer relationship to You, dear God.

Thank you for choosing Stan for this task. There is no greater honor for us than to serve You.

Father, I ask this prayer in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

Upvote 0
J

J3sus Is My L0rd

Amen Stan! God will definately bless you!!

As for our worship team, I would ask that you be in some serious prayer when ya get the time. Some big things are happening at our church, and some big movements are on the verge of coming. Pray for our current worship leader, who feels called away, that God would give her the strength to step out in faith and be in obedient to God's voice, knowing that He will make provision in both parties. And secondly, pray that God would then bring those needed on the worship team to our church. The ones that He has specifically called.

Thanks guys, be blessed. †

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

School's Out!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟571,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dear Lord, please be with Stan & his worship team. In worshiping you the way and will that you want him and his team to. May you bless and protect him. As well as guide and help him and his team. Be with him and his worship team Jesus Christ. Lay your hands on him and his team in your name, amen!

Upvote 0

Stan the Man

Helper and Protector
Dec 9, 2003
Stroud
✟9,623.00
Faith
Christian
Cheers peeps, really effective prayer going on, felt led by God and was able to lead people in song as he worked in me.

J3sus Is My L0rd said:
As for our worship team, I would ask that you be in some serious prayer when ya get the time. Some big things are happening at our church, and some big movements are on the verge of coming. Pray for our current worship leader, who feels called away, that God would give her the strength to step out in faith and be in obedient to God's voice, knowing that He will make provision in both parties. And secondly, pray that God would then bring those needed on the worship team to our church. The ones that He has specifically called.

Praying for you dude, and for the girl who currently leads you in song, that she will have confidence in the LORD to follow boldly where he leads.

Peeps feel free to continue posting your own prayer points, the prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective :groupray:

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
have you seen " Pastor's Most Vauluable Player " ; video and book , from John Maxwell's ministry www.injoy.com ?

we use instruemental worship music , softly in the background as we pray in a group

monday evenings we hold hands , and pray in the Holy Spirit without music ... have you seen this passage ? As when David played praise and worship , the demons fled from Saul ... God inhabits the praises of his people ...

2Ki 3:15 But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him.

Upvote 0