• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

People keep becoming sick around me

Lorien

Jan 26, 2018
Noble park
✟7,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys this is my first post so sorry if i get somethings wrong

Basically ive come to find that when people spend alot of time around me they fall very ill, mostly mentally and all with similar symptoms

This has happened my whole life but ive only come to realise it in the past few months as it has been ramping up alot, i believe i am cursed or something along those lines and it is me who is causing all the illness, i just need to know how to stop it from happening because im getting desperate

I just want everyone to be okay and if i cant stop it from happening at least minimizing the harm i cause

Im so scared and i dont know what to do but im ruining peoples lives and the only way i know how to make it stop is if i go away

Ive asked many people for advice but noone believes me

Im worried i have been affected by evil and as i am not acting upon evil it is seeping out of my body anyway

If anyone has heard of this happening any advice would be gratefully appreciated
Thankyou

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Basically ive come to find that when people spend alot of time around me they fall very ill, mostly mentally and all with similar symptoms

This has happened my whole life but ive only come to realise it in the past few months as it has been ramping up alot, i believe i am cursed or something along those lines and it is me who is causing all the illness, i just need to know how to stop it from happening because im getting desperate

I just want everyone to be okay and if i cant stop it from happening at least minimizing the harm i cause

Im so scared and i dont know what to do but im ruining peoples lives and the only way i know how to make it stop is if i go away

Im worried i have been affected by evil and as i am not acting upon evil it is seeping out of my body anyway

If anyone has heard of this happening any advice would be gratefully appreciated
Thankyou

You aren't doing anything to cause mental illness in others unless you are torturing them.

Ephesians 4
25Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27Neither give place to the devil. 28Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with hishands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Upvote 0

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are born again then it's not problem with you but with them , maybe they are not born again and live in darkness so when they spend time around you they become depressed and ill because they can't stand the light .

Did you ask them if they were ever born again ?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thankyou

Have you talked with a local Pastor?
I use these often.
Suggestions offered --
straight from the Book.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

Thankyou

You are not cursed. You are looking for evidence that this is happening and then finding it because you are looking for it. It is called confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

You are not ruining anyone's life, and you are not causing anyone to be unwell. That is simply not how illness works.

If you are still in doubt talk to your doctor and your minister; they can reassure you further.

Upvote 0