• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Passion for God fading in my struggles

vsw874

Oct 26, 2016
United States
✟8,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have depression & anxiety so it’s hard to want to go to church. I struggle with meeting people at church, so I don’t look forward to feeling alone there. Christian counseling has failed me multiple times, and I’ve tried meditating on verses. Nothing works to get help or support so my faith in God is not very strong. I know I shouldn’t depend on people, which I don’t because I am introverted and spend 99% of my time alone, but I’m tired of being so isolated and I thought God did not create us to be alone.
2 Timothy 1:7 says how God does not give us a spirit of fear, so why after 15 years of my life this won’t go away? I don’t feel confident in my personality to open up to others, I’ve wasted time being stuck and miserable in jobs because of anxiety, I’m just extremely confused.
It also adds insult to injury that my younger sister is so much more passionate for God and is outgoing and has tons of friends and is always having fun. I’m too a shamed to talk to her and she kind of looks down on me because I guess I’m not much to look up to

Miss Babbit

Dec 28, 2018
Lancashire
✟9,507.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello there vsw874!
I'm new on here too! I just joined today.

Obviously I don't know you but what you described sounds mighty similar to my life! Only my sister is more agnostic than a believer and she's older than me.

I completely hear you on everything. I'm really struggling with life too. I'm a virtual recluse these days and my family see me as a sad sack compared to my go-getting "perfect" sister but you know what? I won't give up.
Maybe you and I have a different calling in life, have you ever thought of that?
We are different from our sisters we were made differently and that is not a bad thing. We are all very different to one another with different likes and dislikes, different strengths and weaknesses. The main thing that unites us all is that we all have free will and that once viewed through the blood of Christ, all us sinners have the same salvation from our loving and forgiving father.
Can I let you into a little secret? When you struggle, our Father loves you more and worries about you more and keeps a closer eye on you and wants to draw you closer.
You are amazingly unique and special to our Heavenly Father!

So come, take my hand and sit with me and tell me your troubles.

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2019
Wichita
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have depression & anxiety so it’s hard to want to go to church. I struggle with meeting people at church, so I don’t look forward to feeling alone there. Christian counseling has failed me multiple times, and I’ve tried meditating on verses. Nothing works to get help or support so my faith in God is not very strong. I know I shouldn’t depend on people, which I don’t because I am introverted and spend 99% of my time alone, but I’m tired of being so isolated and I thought God did not create us to be alone.
2 Timothy 1:7 says how God does not give us a spirit of fear, so why after 15 years of my life this won’t go away? I don’t feel confident in my personality to open up to others, I’ve wasted time being stuck and miserable in jobs because of anxiety, I’m just extremely confused.
It also adds insult to injury that my younger sister is so much more passionate for God and is outgoing and has tons of friends and is always having fun. I’m too a shamed to talk to her and she kind of looks down on me because I guess I’m not much to look up to

i know your depressed but on a nice day, force yourself to go outside. do mindfulness, look around at the world God has created, nature, animals and all these beautiful things. look up at the sky and see how vast it is. look at your hand, your finger print and how it is unique to only you. meditate on the prescise design God spent making man, the complexity of a single cell. remind yourself that the King and God of the universe loves YOU. He is the lover of your soul. He has called you by name and has a plan for you, He's known you since before the foundations of the earth. look at the diversity of people, their skin color, features etc. Meditate on the beauty of God Himself, reflected in His beautiful creations. be in awe of God, seek Him and you shall find Him.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0