ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Need some nutrition and /or medical advice. I just bought a multivitamin (Centrum Performance) and it also has about 50 mg of panax ginseng in one tablet.

I also drink about 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and wonder if this combo will be very bad? and will it keep me up at night? Keep in mind I start my day pretty early, normally rising at 5am sometimes 4am to read my bible first.

And then it's off to the Office where it sometimes can get stressful, I usually do my roadwork at lunchtime, that's when I get my workout in.

junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
If you're looking for personal opinion, I would recommend weaning off the coffee but keeping the ginseng. Coffee acts as a stimulant to the adrenal glands and the central nervous system (see here). Over time the adrenals can become worn out from use of stimulants like this (including refined sugars and other caffeine-containing things). The adrenals are responsible for producing many, many life-sustaining hormones in the body (including stress hormones and sex hormones) so if they're abused it's not a nice picture. I'm recovering from adrenal exhaustion myself and it sucks, to put it nicely.

I wouldn't give up the ginseng, though. Ginseng acts as an adaptogen, meaning it can help the body deal with stress. It nourishes the adrenal glands and the HPA axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal connection). I've had good results with ginseng, especially in regulating my blood sugar levels between meals.

So that's my take. :)

Reactions: GQ Chris
Upvote 0

junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh man, I can't be messin with the sex hormones... what about in moderation? like a cup or two of coffee every morning?

Anything in moderation is better than overdoing it. So yeah, having only one cup would be better than three. The less dependent your body is on the caffeine the better.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Anything in moderation is better than overdoing it. So yeah, having only one cup would be better than three. The less dependent your body is on the caffeine the better.

Yeah, I will be cutting down to one or two and maybe even not have coffee every other day.

Upvote 0