• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Open question to those not in the industry...and those who are...

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've decided to write a book on the Sex Industry based mainly on my own story, but I am wondering what other people would be interested in in a book on the industry...

I am posting this as an open ended question to those in the industry and those who aren't .... TIA

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! I just want again to say thank you to those who are giving me input. It is helping me get a grasp on what people wonder about....Thank you for taking the time to PM me... You can always ask here to. Whatever you are comfortable with. Thank you.

Upvote 0

nautical999

Sep 2, 2010
illinois
✟332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was part of a deliverance some time back with a woman who was an exotic dancer and a playboy bunny. This woman also had DID and in one of the rooms inside were shelves of eyes. The Lord led me to pray for her to break the soul ties with her and all who watched and looked at her in a sexual manner. The eyes were destroyed afterward. Since i have not come across a similar case i was wondering if it is common or not. This may be something seen in dreams too.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nautical999- Are you asking if DID is common in the industry or specifically "shelves of eyes"? I have never heard of anyone struggling with "eyes" but have met several women while dancing that had DID. I don't know if this answers your question...

Upvote 0

nautical999

Sep 2, 2010
illinois
✟332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes this answers my question. It was about the eyes.
What are some of the common things you see with the DID cases?
The reason i ask is that it seems like 90% or more of those i have ministered to have been sexually abused and all of the exotic dancers i have spoken with have been as well. though i know compassion and a love is what they all need. I was wondering about ways to make the healing process go faster.

Reactions: BlondieLashes
Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't want you to think I am ignoring you....My father-in-law just passed. I am finding it a bit hard to focus this morning so please forgive me for not being up to answering your questions this morning. I will get back to you asap though. For the time being you may want to google Harmony Dust Treasures....She is a great friend of mine with an awesome ministry for those in the industry. If you are interested (which it sounds like you are) in helping those in the industry you may want to contact her. You are spot on with knowing compassion and love is what is needed and having an understanding friend certainly does make the healing process better...I don't really know how to make it faster though except with God and prayer. You are also right about sexual abuse being prevalent in the women in the industry. Not in all cases but in the majority. It is true for myself. I will have to get back to you about the DID cases....God bless you for caring.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I just said I wasn't going to answer this this morning but have changed my mind as it may be good to get my mind on other things...

The two women I have known in the industry with DID both presented in ways that were characteristic of DID...they displayed multiple personalities that would surface at different times. The most memorable for me is a woman that was a dancer with me that would revert to a small child. Her voice would change and her whole personality. She truly became like a small child. It was disturbing. The other woman was more along the lines of someone that would find different writing in her journal and things around her apartment that didn't belong to her....

Upvote 0

nautical999

Sep 2, 2010
illinois
✟332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please take your time on answering. Family must come first in situations such as this. I will answer what you have written but there is no need for an immediate response. I did want to respond to where you had said it was disturbing that your friend would be a young child. If the reality of it was brought to your attention you might think otherwise. In my experience (again i will use the examples that i know) something traumatic happened to that person at that age. Lets say for instance when this woman was three years old she was raped by a family member, This caused the little child to dissociate in order to move on with her life without feeling all the pain and hurt and confusion from the incident. However when she dissociated the new personality moves on with life and the old one the one that was hurt relives this over and over again. Lets say the woman is now thirty. For 27 years the child inside has been raped and abused by the same person over and over again. a lot of times there are demons involved as well that hurt this child too on the inside. When the child feels comfortable enough to come out and safe enough they do. When they do it is a relief for them. Yes they still hurt and have that pain but at that moment when they are out it is like a break from the trauma from the things going on and on on the inside. These children need so much love. They need the healing that only Jesus Christ can bring.
I myself do not find them disturbing. I find them to be them most deserving of Jesus' love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nautical999- What I meant by it being disturbing was just being around someone who would snap back into being a little child. She was not really a friend of mine, just someone that danced at the same club. I am just shy of my internship for my Master's in Psychology so I totally understand the dynamic of what occurs with DID, I just personally found it to be difficult to be around at the time. I wasn't in the best of places myself though.

Yes, TREASURES rocks! :)

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BlondieLashes
Open question to those not in the industry...and those who are...
I've decided to write a book on the Sex Industry based mainly on my own story, but I am wondering what other people would be interested in in a book on the industry...

I would be interested in hearing about those in the industry that have success stories. Especially those that have LONG term success.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nautical999

Sep 2, 2010
illinois
✟332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sdmsanjose

hello and how are you?

I myself have been out of the industry for approximately eight years and since then have gotten into the ministry doing God's work and if that wasn't the best thing God could do for me he added to it. I have my children and my wife back. I own a successful business and am making significantly more than i ever did in the industry. That isn't even the half of it. Since i got out i feel so much better about myself. I am no longer on drugs and since getting healing for the issue that surrounded my decisions to work in the industry i have been filled with a piece beyond measure. There is a life afterward. And it is good.

Upvote 0