[open]Bill Booth's Blood and Fire Drop-in (7)

CaringBrit

Feb 9, 2011
uk, Cottingham
✟21,274.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, it's a big year for the dear old Army this year :) 150 years old....or at least it'll be 150 years since Booth started the tent meetings in the East End.

Talking of the old General, I had to smile recently when the news media where giving coverage to the fact that it was 50 years since Winston Churchill's funeral, and they pointed out that he was the only 'commoner' in Britain ever to have a state funeral..... and several Salvationists leaped up shouting "No he wasn't....William Booth had one too"

Quite right....General William Booth did indeed receive a state funeral upon being promoted to Glory in 1912. However, as an ordained minister, he was not classed as a commoner. So, this time at least, the BBC was right :)

Anyway, back to this year.

What, if anything, is your Corps doing to mark the 150th anniversary?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
OK how do we do that?:wave:

First up, we are gonna do what we (the Army) do well.

Make some noise. No point having this place if nobody knows that we are here.

Second thing....tidy up. The Cyber Corps is a mess at the moment. Lots and lots of threads that are either obsolete or just not used anymore. Mixed in with these are a few threads that need to be boosted back up, or, if they have been closed...restarted.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
So, which threads do we need to get this place up and running properly again?

1. This one. The Blood and Fire Drop In is an essential thread. The place to look in and chat. meet with each other and just generally hang out.

2. Prayer. We must have a prayer thread. There is one called The Mercy Seat....closed or still open I know not without checking, but we must have a thread dedicated to prayer.

3. Q & A. One thing I found about this place is that lots of non Army people would come along with questions, because we are not great at explaining who we are and what we do...and why. They would then start a new thread for their question.

This gave us a high number of threads that got only a handful of replies, and then get lost as they slid down the page. I suggest we have a dedicated thread for people to ask questions.

Another benefit of this is that, if we can attract a few knowledgeable Salvationists to Cyber Corps, they will be able to check in the Q&A thread whenever they get in here and answer any new questions.

4. Music. One of the Army's great strong points. Band, Songsters, Singing Companies, 'non section' bands and singers, worship groups, we have a wide range of music in the Army.

This is/was a Band Room thread. I propose boosting/restarting that thread, and adding another music thread to cover all other aspects of Army music.

5. There used to be a very good thread on Army policy/resources which served as a FAQ section (frequently asked questions). many questions that people had were answered in that section without the need to start a seperate thread.

At worst that will need restarting from scratch, at best it will be very out of date and in need to a huge update/edit.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
But, and it's a HUGE but, the most important thing to do is pray. Like starting a new corps in the physical world, a virtual corps needs a bedrock of much prayer.

So, here's the plan.

1. Pray that the Lord will bless this place and show us the way forward. That He will work through us to bring growth as we move forward.

2. Organise. Get the threads boosted/updated/started/restarted as appropriate to enable an efficient and effective Corps to operate in this place.

3. Keep praying.

4 Advertise. Get the word out to other Salvationists that we are here. Use whatever means we need to. Word of mouth, other social media sites, spreading the word within CF.

5. Pray some more.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Ok, so managed to get some stuff done :)

I have found and boosted the Mercy Seat thread, to bring that back into use.

I found the band room thread, but that had been out of use too long, and had been closed by the mods. So I copied the OP and started a new thread.

The SA resources thread is something I'll need to speak to the mods about as I cannot access any of the links contained within it. Work in progress there then :)

But we have started :thumbsup:

Update: Have sent message to Admin team asking who is responsible for moderating this section, in the hopes that we can regain access to the resources in the sticky thread. We now await their response.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andy Broadley

Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟542,543.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Phew....sometimes, and only sometimes, I wish I was in one of those churches where you get to be a Sunday Morning Chritian....the rest and relaxation must be amazing:D:D:D:D:D

I'm not serious. I know God called me to be a Salvationist, and even though it can be fall-over-exhausting sometimes, I wouldn't change it for anything (except a direct instruction from God of course).

Upvote 0