• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD Questionnaire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello There

Apr 28, 2005
Parkes, NSW
✟15,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. At what age did your OCD start?
Hard question, I'd probably say at age 9 or 10 but it could've been around before then.

2. What was your first obsession?
looking directly at the sun.

4. How many years have you had OCD?
about 5 or 6 years.

Upvote 0

little_lily613

Baruch HaShem!
May 1, 2005
Canada
✟21,849.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
secretoceanmystery said:

It started when I was a child but I don't remember the exact age--before my double digits I think.

secretoceanmystery said:

To the best of my recollection, I think it was checking the door at night to make sure it was locked.

secretoceanmystery said:
3. How many different episodes have you had over the time you've had/have OCD?

too many to remember

secretoceanmystery said:

Don't know for sure. Since I was a child though, and I am 22 now. Over a decade for sure, anyway. Probably close to 15 years.

G~d bless!
~Lily~

Upvote 0

JoyWillCome

The hair is adorable, I don't deny that.
Mar 4, 2005
Minnesota
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1. At what age did your OCD start? In 5th grade

2. What was your first obsession? Germs

3. How many different episodes have you had over the time you've had/have OCD? not sure,

4. How many years have you had OCD? 4

Upvote 0

genesisfactor71

MODS: All your forum are belong to us.
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2005
NE Ohio
Visit site
✟62,475.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was 7 or 8.

doing everything four times. :doh:

3. How many different episodes have you had over the time you've had/have OCD? more than I can remember

right around 10 years

Upvote 0

AmandaLynn1288

Here I am, Lord!
May 11, 2006
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,584.00
Faith
Christian
Just out of pure intrest....

1. At what age did your OCD start? in the 4th grade, so I guess I was 10

2. What was your first obsession? I had physical obsessions, like touching things over and over and erasing words that weren't written perfectly

3. How many different episodes have you had over the time you've had/have OCD? WAY too many times

4. How many years have you had OCD? since I was 6 or 7

Upvote 0

powerofprayer

I will praise Him in this storm.....
May 12, 2006
Georgia
✟16,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just out of pure intrest....

1. At what age did your OCD start? 5 or 6
2. What was your first obsession? my father used to travel a lot & I used to obsess about his plane crashing. I even began doing rituals to protect him!
3. How many different episodes have you had over the time you've had/have OCD? its constant - the symptoms just change. Mine are mostly obsessive.
4. How many years have you had OCD? 35 years

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.