West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't find any information about glow in internet. The rundown, summary. All i see is afterglow book and glow CC canyon hills. can help ? thanks.

here is a book by Chuck Smith about gifts of the spirit and how they should be exercised.

http://www.calvarychapelriverside.org/pdf_documents/Charisma vs. Charismania .pdf

there is a chapter specifically on tongues.

But the other poster is correct, tongues should be excercized not while the main service is going on, "the spirit does not interrupt itself"

and if done publicly, in order to be acknowledged it needs an interpretation. Unless it is done in private, and then it does not need an interpreter.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does Calvary Chapel spell Newbie as Nubbie?
Hmmm. With my diminished eye sight, it almost looks like the name of a famous telescope.

The N looks almost like an H and the parts of the i blend together making it look like an l. Hubble.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟384,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Until very recently I used a CC icon, but there is only a very small CC in my area so I joined a UMC with my parents. I still think CC's have good doctrine and practice, and will most likely rejoin a CC if there is one when I relocate. I might be leaving the UMC shortly, as the denomination is becoming increasingly liberal in it's theology, and there is a strong movement to accept SSM and practicing homosexual clergy... if either of those happens at the next general conference this April, I might be church shopping sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I might be leaving the UMC shortly, as the denomination is becoming increasingly liberal in it's theology, and there is a strong movement to accept SSM and practicing homosexual clergy... if either of those happens at the next general conference this April, I might be church shopping sooner rather than later.

The UMC is very liberal. Not only on the issue of homosexuality; they also allow female clergy. I would not go there.

Methodists also believe in entire sanctification (Christian Perfection) which is a gross error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0