Tampere
✟11,746.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have question to people who pray in tongues, there is lots of debate about prayer language (tongues) And what does Paul refer praying in spirit, does he mean Holy Spirit? As it is not a gift so to speak, but as prayer language, and of course there is lots confusion. So I do want to be sure I dont follow any false thing, coz also some occult religions pray on tongues, voodoo, and other Indian religions.
Iam not pentecostal, I seriously dont follow detominations and I try to follow Christ without any filter. But I am curious about this, I have prayed in tongues too, and I asked this gift from Father, I prayed as:

Dear Father your words says so :

For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

So I asked father to baptise me in Holy Spirit and with prayer language.
And I started to speak, just randomly, but it by my own will, and my mind went idle and it started to flow.
I have heard pentecostals who say u need to be lay hands to receive and some fall down, roll under floor so that is then the sign you really got it? And some even have said they faked that falling and stuff, so I tried to be sure iam not deceiving myself, and I ask lord to babtize me in Holy Spirit, coz iam hes son.

I ask this coz I have some odd experiences maybe I want to talk via private msg to give some advice about it.

I apologise my English isn't that awesome

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟172,891.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Pentecostal pouring of the Holy Spirit recorded in the Book of Acts is mainly celebrated by Jewish people from various countries. The dialects spoken by Jewish Jesus believers are approximately 70 according to Jewish interpretation, corresponding to 70 major ethnic groups worldwide. The logical precision of Jews may be slightly lower than that of the British, but Jews can piece together fragments of global culture into a whole picture. Of course, this requires global collaboration.

使徒行傳記錄的五旬節聖靈大澆灌,來過節的基本都是各國的猶太人,猶太耶穌信徒說出的方言按猶太解釋大約是70種,對應全球70大族群。 猶太的邏輯精密性可能比英國人差一點,但是猶太人可以拼接全球文化碎片為一個整圖。 當然這需要全球化合作。

Human languages originate from the same source. The Pentecostal pouring of the Holy Spirit recorded in the Book of Acts (the redemption pattern of God through the death of Jesus) is a restoration and healing of tongue disorder of the Tower of Babel (the human's false "heavenly" pattern).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟556,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems..you did take a right step/prayer.
---
Do you have access..for 'Kindle ebooks' in Estonia?
'Speaking in Tongues'
- Howard Kats
- Kindle ebook
It might be helpful/answer your questions..

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It, tongues, isn’t all that awesome. Anybody can do it if they want to, just sing to God His praises. I have a prayer language that I use once in a while. I like it. It helps me to say all the things I am not able to say any other way. The awesome God is to be praised with our whole heart. But He is greater than my nervous system can handle. The only awesome God. It’s a scripture maybe you can find it in a modern translation. I can’t find it in the KJV.

He goes beyond the rational, He goes beyond logic, he is greater than comprehension. So his praises must be expressed by what transcends a mere mortals communication. I‘m sure he appreciates it. And they make me feel like I’ve got into that realm, to become a part of Him not with the understanding but with glory. Read 1Cor 12 and 1Cor 14 and see how it is used in a service. Only with an interpreter if allowed at all. It is your own personal gift. You don’t want Christ to appear crazy, because it doesn’t make sense. Only to you. But use it to praise to yourself or out loud at home in your closet. It is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

germo155

Mar 22, 2024
Tampere
✟11,746.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry, I am really hard headed in terms of buying "christian" books. Coz lots of
It, tongues, isn’t all that awesome. Anybody can do it if they want to, just sing to God His praises. I have a prayer language that I use once in a while. I like it. It helps me to say all the things I am not able to say any other way. The awesome God is to be praised with our whole heart. But He is greater than my nervous system can handle. The only awesome God. It’s a scripture maybe you can find it in a modern translation. I can’t find it in the KJV.

He goes beyond the rational, He goes beyond logic, he is greater than comprehension. So his praises must be expressed by what transcends a mere mortals communication. I‘m sure he appreciates it. And they make me feel like I’ve got into that realm, to become a part of Him not with the understanding but with glory. Read 1Cor 12 and 1Cor 14 and see how it is used in a service. Only with an interpreter if allowed at all. It is your own personal gift. You don’t want Christ to appear crazy, because it doesn’t make sense. Only to you. But use it to praise to yourself or out loud at home in your closet. It is helpful.
If it's not in KJV why do you think it is in other bibles ?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I am really hard headed in terms of buying "christian" books. Coz lots of

If it's not in KJV why do you think it is in other bibles ?
Different modern words in new translations.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree somewhat. In the Greek the words still have a lot of meanings. Most pre-modern English. The scripture I’m thinking of contains, ‘the only awesome God’. It didn’t come up on my search. I was going to say, only God is awesome. But, where do you stand on the gift of tongues, bro?

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have question to people who pray in tongues, there is lots of debate about prayer language (tongues) And what does Paul refer praying in spirit, does he mean Holy Spirit? As it is not a gift so to speak, but as prayer language, and of course there is lots confusion. So I do want to be sure I dont follow any false thing, coz also some occult religions pray on tongues, voodoo, and other Indian religions.
Iam not pentecostal, I seriously dont follow detominations and I try to follow Christ without any filter. But I am curious about this, I have prayed in tongues too, and I asked this gift from Father, I prayed as:

Dear Father your words says so :

For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

And I started to speak, just randomly, but it by my own will, and my mind went idle and it started to flow.
I have heard pentecostals who say u need to be lay hands to receive and some fall down, roll under floor so that is then the sign you really got it? And some even have said they faked that falling and stuff, so I tried to be sure iam not deceiving myself, and I ask lord to babtize me in Holy Spirit, coz iam hes son.

I ask this coz I have some odd experiences maybe I want to talk via private msg to give some advice about it.

I apologise my English isn't that awesome
To me you are on the right track. You were baptized in the spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues. It is done by faith. Laying on of hands might have made it easier but you had faith and it happened for you. To me praying the spirit is mostly if not exclusively about tongues. If you pray in your own language, under the inspiration, then that might count to some as "praying in the spriit." Some Pentecostals/charismatics believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues is for everyone. This is different than the gift "various kinds of tongues." When Paul is says "Everyone does not speak in tongues, it is in reference to the gift "various kinds of tongues." Understanding what the various kinds of tongues is helps with understanding the baptism of the spirit.

Upvote 0