Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think its interesting how the conversation evolved into, and excuse my paraphrasing, 'well it must be cuz youre messed up and she ran like hell'

*sigh* It's not that we're saying you're so totally messed up that women don't want you. It's just that it's one possibility that was suggested that you're bringing baggage into the relationship.

Oftentimes in my relationships (with not only my husband but my dear friends), when I have problems with them, I'll stop placing blame on them and look to see what *I* am doing. Am I part of the blame? Is there something I could be doing differently? What would work better? How can I help the situation?

Maybe those are questions you could ask yourself?

We ALL have issues. Every single one of us. It's just that our issues can either divide us or bring us together. A lot of times they are divisive so we need to see how our issues are effecting others and how we can bring about some sort of compromise for change (for the better).

You want help on getting RID of your issues? Well, not all issues can be gotten rid of totally, but they can be managed up to a point.

What issues would you like help with? We can't help you with your lovelife. But if there is something you think an outsider could help you with, there are people who do care and would like to offer help.

Upvote 0

C.F.W. Walther

May 11, 2005
MissourA
✟11,979.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
LilLamb219 said:
*sigh* It's not that we're saying you're so totally messed up that women don't want you. It's just that it's one possibility that was suggested that you're bringing baggage into the relationship.

Oftentimes in my relationships (with not only my husband but my dear friends), when I have problems with them, I'll stop placing blame on them and look to see what *I* am doing. Am I part of the blame? Is there something I could be doing differently? What would work better? How can I help the situation?

Maybe those are questions you could ask yourself?

We ALL have issues. Every single one of us. It's just that our issues can either divide us or bring us together. A lot of times they are divisive so we need to see how our issues are effecting others and how we can bring about some sort of compromise for change (for the better).

You want help on getting RID of your issues? Well, not all issues can be gotten rid of totally, but they can be managed up to a point.

What issues would you like help with? We can't help you with your lovelife. But if there is something you think an outsider could help you with, there are people who do care and would like to offer help.

Or you could run away like I did years ago, be a biker and stomp some butt. Anger management :) WHen I came ack to sanity I still had the same issues but I felt better :) LOL

DId that help anything?--probably not-----probably made it worse.

Upvote 0

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
youre doin fine =) sometimes its nice just to know that someone else exists and cares, even if they cant make a lick of difference in the grand scheme of things.

but the thing is, you can make a lick of difference. you can do 3 things.

1. pray the Lord's prayer verbatim.

2. pray that he will fix my problems

3. pray that he will provide a wife for me whom i will love, ideally this person i'm already thinking of, but whatever he wants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
> *sigh*

i can sense your frustration. i too am frustrated, tho not with you, so no worries there.

> It's not that we're saying you're so totally messed up that women don't want you.

i know. if someone said that on this board, i'd be shocked and appalled. but we all have our euphamisms. nevertheless, its not like i havent openly admitted to having issues, so i apologize for giving anyone a hard time about that. a lot of time, i'm just lost in my own mindthought. its hard to break out.

> It's just that it's one possibility that was suggested that you're bringing baggage into the relationship.

i mean, i wouldn't date me, so why should anyone? because it would be nice. i felt a relationship based in Christ with her would be perfect. she is so accepting of me. its like.... amazing. i cant even describe how wonderful she is to me to y'all. i just wish she could be my wife, and that seems to not be happening.

> Oftentimes in my relationships (with not only my husband but my dear friends), when I have problems with them, I'll stop placing blame on them and look to see what *I* am doing. Am I part of the blame? Is there something I could be doing differently? What would work better? How can I help the situation?

true. and thats always hard. cuz i know a lot of my messups but i just ignore them. its hard to care anymore. i mean, see the title of the thread. i'm not really all that indifferent, but im not ambitious. i just dont see the point most days.

> Maybe those are questions you could ask yourself?

only if you ask yourself those qustions too!

> We ALL have issues. Every single one of us. It's just that our issues can either divide us or bring us together. A lot of times they are divisive so we need to see how our issues are effecting others and how we can bring about some sort of compromise for change (for the better).

hmm. what are issues that bring us together/

> You want help on getting RID of your issues? Well, not all issues can be gotten rid of totally, but they can be managed up to a point.

... managed?

the way i try to manage my issues is by keeping my mouth shut. one big issue i have is foolishness, and proverbs' advice for the fool is to shut up. i try.

but i wonder if the way i've managed my issues with respect to her hass not been adequate enough to win her admiration.

highly likely. i'm very inadequate.

> What issues would you like help with? We can't help you with your lovelife. But if there is something you think an outsider could help you with, there are people who do care and would like to offer help.

lol where to start?

and yes, you are helping me with my lovelife, simply by talking about it. even if it may seem harsh or obvious to me or whatever, and even if i am reactin, i dunno, like a wounded animal, i'm still benefitting from your attention. thank you.

Upvote 0

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
but inevitably, once this conversation/thread plays out, you'll all just go back to your lives like i dont even exist. a project completed or not. a soul saved or not. and if that doesnt describe you then i encourage you to show forth fruits of love and continue to at least make believe i exist for a few days longer than you might normally dismiss a stranger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
well, soon i'll go home, and the rest of this scenario will play out. will she change her mind and say yes? will she continue to be my best friend? will she turn tail and flee? stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of, a day in the life of a messed up 26y old romantic.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hmm. what are issues that bring us together/

Weight loss can bring people together as they strive to eat healthier. My neighbor is in weight watchers and has a great time at the meetings!!!

There are other examples, but sometimes our issues helps us bond with others. That's what I meant by issues bringing people together. We find like-minded people with whom we can work things through.

From reading a lot of your postings today I've discovered that you don't feel you have a lot of self-worth. You belittle yourself constantly. You are extremely negative in your outlook about who you are. Your friend has given you many compliments on your character, but you don't believe those compliments, do you? I mean, you think it's great that she believes those things, but you are so into thinking that no one cares, loves you, or wants to even be near you that you cannot possibly believe there is anything good about yourself. At least, that's the image you've portrayed here today. Maybe it's just because you're down in the dumps today that this is what is being communicated. Maybe you don't always feel that way about yourself. I don't know.

I know I tend to pick on myself when I'm feeling poorly. Is that what you're doing to yourself? Or are you always so hard on yourself?

It's ok to ask for someone to be your friend here in this forum :)

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"I wouldn't date myself."

How can you expect anybody to want to date you with that attitude? Would you be your own friend?

Everybody has their own issues.

Did you ever even "date" or was this friends and you suddenly asked her to marry you? That would be too sudden for me from a guy I'd chat with on the Internet. I'd be shocked and probably not even handle it as well as she did with you.

As for the issues, have you talked with a counselor or doctor? My mom has mild depression and the little bit of paxil helps her TONS. She would just go talk about her life about once a month and it really helped.

We all go through it. I don't think men should have to be tough at all. I think more men need to express their feelings than hold them back.

I think you need to take time.

Don't pray things like, "Lord, please change her heart." Pray things like, "Lord, please let me see Your plan."

We do care about you.

Upvote 0

Flatscan82

Apr 11, 2006
Honolulu
✟7,694.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ILoveYeshua said:
how can you pray for something so hard, and not get it..................

I bet if you put all that time into praying to get something and then put that time and effort into working to get what you wanted i am sure you would have it by now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.