New rules for alterservers....

Do you agree with Dennis Harts new rule of no female altar servers?

• No

• Yes

• I dont know, or dont have an opinion

• No, and I believe the Church is not moving forward in issues of Sexism

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did you know that our beloved ArchBishop Dennis Hart has made a new rule in Melbourne, that there aren't to be anymore Female altar servers.
I honestly thought that we were moving with the times in matters of sexism, but apparently we are moving backward, shouldnt the church become aware that times aren't as they were in the 15th, 16th and 17th century and nowadays females can and should be part of church in more ways than sisters.

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
The government and church shouldn't mix. The law that constitutes this country can always change, which means humans are above the law.

But God's law, cannot be changed, if so then it's not God's law anymore. And Jesus came down for us, and if we mix government with that....that means we would be above Jesus....which is fundamentally wrong.

I really hate to use the issue of moving on with churches, it's not correct to use the church that way. If it's a tradition, then yes you can move on, however if it is written, then you can't change that.

Upvote 0

Fiskare

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
✟1,369.00
Faith
Christian
ezzaspider said:
Did you know that our beloved ArchBishop Dennis Hart has made a new rule in Melbourne, that there aren't to be anymore Female altar servers.
I honestly thought that we were moving with the times in matters of sexism, but apparently we are moving backward, shouldnt the church become aware that times aren't as they were in the 15th, 16th and 17th century and nowadays females can and should be part of church in more ways than sisters.
What does "sexism" have to do with it, really? The Holy Mass is a participation in the sacrifice of Christ, which ushers us into the heavenly realm in united worship with the angels and the heavenly host. The issue at hand is not whether the church is to change with the times, but rather that truth matters and the times must change with the church. The secular idea of "sexism" is not Christian- all are equal in Christ Jesus, but that doesn't imply interchangeable or that all are "the same".

Think about it- has all this modernism and "change" actually done anything good? No. People leave in droves, scandals rock the church, finances wane and the spirituality of the church is drained of life. Not to mention, denominations without strong theological basis and commitment to preserving and protecting every Christian truth, even in the tiniest detail, have basically fallen into heresy (ordaining gays for example) and have lost their witness before all,robbing the faithful of pure teaching and the sacraments, while losing the moral integrity of Jesus in the eyes of the unbelievers.

The church needs people to stand up for Jesus and His teachings. Altar servers are part of the teaching of the church in regards the place of the mass and the conduct of worship both on earth and in heaven. Change that, and the others changes will follow. History has shown us that clearly, and only the foolish are looking away, seeking secular approval and values.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fiskare said:
What does "sexism" have to do with it, really? The Holy Mass is a participation in the sacrifice of Christ, which ushers us into the heavenly realm in united worship with the angels and the heavenly host. The issue at hand is not whether the church is to change with the times, but rather that truth matters and the times must change with the church. The secular idea of "sexism" is not Christian- all are equal in Christ Jesus, but that doesn't imply interchangeable or that all are "the same".

Think about it- has all this modernism and "change" actually done anything good? No. People leave in droves, scandals rock the church, finances wane and the spirituality of the church is drained of life. Not to mention, denominations without strong theological basis and commitment to preserving and protecting every Christian truth, even in the tiniest detail, have basically fallen into heresy (ordaining gays for example) and have lost their witness before all,robbing the faithful of pure teaching and the sacraments, while losing the moral integrity of Jesus in the eyes of the unbelievers.

The church needs people to stand up for Jesus and His teachings. Altar servers are part of the teaching of the church in regards the place of the mass and the conduct of worship both on earth and in heaven. Change that, and the others changes will follow. History has shown us that clearly, and only the foolish are looking away, seeking secular approval and values.

.....so your for and against my daughter being a server then ?

Upvote 0