Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so I don't know about everyone else here but for some reason "Mature Singles' makes me feel like I should be hobbling along with my cane and looking for the glass my teeth are in! :D (no offense to Erwin!)

So I was thinking that maybe our wonderful members would like to come up with a new name for our forum. What we can do is suggest likely names and then put it up for a vote.

So, what do you think? Anyone have any brillant suggestions to get us started? :)

rainyday

God is my umbrella
May 4, 2004
Home town - Pittsburgh PA
✟8,417.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I must agree with you, when I first saw this name, I thought "50+" for sure. I know at 42 I'm no where being 'mature'! ;)

If this is meant for 30 and up, then it's not really indicative of older as 'mature' lends one to believe.

How about something like "beyond Generation X singles" or "30 and up singles"

:wave:

Upvote 0

Learnin'2-4Give

Dec 28, 2003
✟15,282.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I agree too. I'm way too immature to be labled as "mature" ;)

What was that old TV show? 30-something? How about "30-somethings +" or something like that. "over 30's"......... hmmmm, gosh I don't know. I just know that "mature" sounds like a senior citizen (no offense).

Upvote 0

rainyday

God is my umbrella
May 4, 2004
Home town - Pittsburgh PA
✟8,417.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
KeilCoppes said:
Get me that rainbow 'fro and bell-bottoms dude! :p
Hey ... the fros were in but rainbow fros were just a halloween/clown thing.

Retro huh? :scratch: Donnie, you are beginning to make me feel old. We're not that retro. :( Are we?

[gulps frantically]

I do hate telling my daughter that when I was a kid there was no such thing as microwave ovens, no cable at all only HBO in the very beginning when it came out on it's own with no MTV, no computers only typewritters and no 'white-out' to help you with typos--only that powdered paper stuff, carbon 'dirty' paper not the carbonless kind. Heck I even remember when FM raido began with no static vs the AM we always listened to ... then I had to stop because I heard my father's voice in my head saying stuff like that to me as a kid. :eek:

I have become my father. :help:

I don't like 'experienced' singles ... it makes us sound like we're really out there working the singles arena. Heck, I didn't date much before marriage and haven't bothered yet to step back in that scene since it ended ... so I'm not an 'experienced' single as that lends one to think in some ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think we should incorporate something into our name that signifies that we are godly singles. I would venture to say that by the time most of us have gotten to this point in our lives, we are willing to let God have much more say so over this part of our lives than at other points in our life. I can appreciate the "Experienced Singles" in that we probably have a lot of experience to share, not necessary dating experience but just life experience. Geesh, what I have learned on my job-I could write a book!

Keep 'em coming!

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was looking at the "Life Stages" titles and there's one for "Golden" something for those 50 and older. (That scared the--------out of me.)

Can we think of something that makes us sound young, yet not that old either?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
So far I am now depress after reading all these suggestions for names. Someone made a comment about the seventies I need to remind them that there are some members here will try as hard as they want will not remember the seventies. I think it has to do with that time period.

The other comment is about cats and having a house full of them. The next thing you are going to tell me is that you talk to them. I have two cats now and I have never talked to them. Ever now a then I look up on the net for cooking suggestion for them (PLEASE TAKE THIS POST WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. I AM BORED AT WORK TODAY WITH NOTHING TO DO, IT's TO COLD TO TEACH SAILING SO I am stuck in the office) I actually do like them.

Upvote 0