• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

New Brain Trauma

Johnio

Jan 1, 2010
Challis, Idaho
✟17,264.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have Post Concussion Syndrome and one sided partial new hearing loss, from an accident. Does any one know of a Christian brain Injury group? Recently I was rejected by a group simply for my faith. The anger and short term memory issues with nausea and tinnitus drive me goofy. I already had mild epilepsy. Cry for no reason is rough.

Prayers always welcomed.

John

Johnio

Jan 1, 2010
Challis, Idaho
✟17,264.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I got to speak with a brain injury association leader recently. It is my prayer that this leads to a support group where I live. If not hopefully once legal matters are settled, I can form a Christian Brain injury association. Faith is hated in more and more support groups, especially Christian faith. John

Currently I mix words and thoughts, short term memory is terrible, very depressed. I know I'm much more angry and short tempered since this newest head injury and I twitch and lose balance more I am praying for God to heal me and my fellow brain injury survivors.

John

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟715,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will keep you in my prayers.

No, I don't know any support groups for people of faith with brain injuries. Sorry I'm not helpful in that area.

Yes, its getting more and more difficult to be Christian in the United States, we are accepted in fewer and fewer places. I am so sorry to hear that your needing support of people in your similar situation and can't get any.

I am disabled, different problems so I can't really relate to yours, but if you need the shoulder of someone who has experienced physical pain and suffering I am here for you to talk to.. any time..

Reactions: Johnio
Upvote 0

Johnio

Jan 1, 2010
Challis, Idaho
✟17,264.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Recently I met with a counselor and they told me recovering from brain injury is like being an addict. They said your always be in recovery and you will never be able to pursue and serious study.

I disagree, with God to carry me I have hope for a miracle. Maybe I'll have to put in more effort thats for my goal to be achieved, fine.

John

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0