SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Science is not God. Evolution has no moral compass, no ethics, no humanity at all. It is inherently racist and elitist. How can it not be?
i Actually laughed at this. Thanks

The very premise is that the strong thrive and the weak fail.
you don't know much about natural selection do you?

And then people cry about flora and fauna extinctions. Surely that's just evolution at work? Australia's native creatures struggle to survive against introduced species. Hey, that's just evolution at work. The strong survive, the weak disappear.
No that is humans at work

Evolution is so flawed that most people cannot stomach the obvious conclusions. Since they refuse to accept God as Creator, they have an impossible mental juggling act. So they just won't think it through.
what obvious conclusion?

I do not deny science.
than what is ths thread?

I follow some scientists, including Professor James Tour and his amazing nano tech and graphene research. I follow the Electric vehicle revolution closely. I am fascinated by fusion research. I am fine with medical research and I have been vaccinated 3 times.
Vaccines provide us with some of our best insights into evolution.

Evolution is not science.
Yeah it is.

Science is as fallible as any other human endeavour. I keep that in mind whenever I watch a science presentation.
and it's also self correcting

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Science is as fallible as any other human endeavour.

Like humans writing religious texts up for our 4000+ official religions ?

Evolution has no moral compass, no ethics, no humanity at all. It is inherently racist and elitist. How can it not be? The very premise is that the strong thrive and the weak fail. And then people cry about flora and fauna extinctions. Surely that's just evolution at work? Australia's native creatures struggle to survive against introduced species. Hey, that's just evolution at work. The strong survive, the weak disappear. Evolution is so flawed that most people cannot stomach the obvious conclusions.

Evolution is a biological process affecting populations of course it doesn't have moral compass, or ethics or humanity. That's like saying fermenting process knows no pity nor remorse. Yeah, no kidding. Total straw man.

It is not like evolutionary basics are hard. Those lifeforms with the best characteristic to thrive in what conditions are present are most likely to survive and leave offspring thus keeping their genetic characteristics going. Simple, logical - do you actually agree with that one ?

Why shouldn't we cry about flora or fauna extinctions ? Species inability to cope with sudden changes leading to their demise still reduces the biological variety of our planet. It would be nice to have something apart from cockroaches and rats running around.

What is flawed about evolution ? If most people can't stomach obvious conclusions - like you - that is hardly evolution's fault.

It is not like evolution is going away just because you don't like it.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Like humans writing religious texts up for our 4000+ official religions ?

Evolution is a biological process affecting populations of course it doesn't have moral compass, or ethics or humanity. That's like saying fermenting process knows no pity nor remorse. Yeah, no kidding. Total straw man.

It is not like evolutionary basics are hard. Those lifeforms with the best characteristic to thrive in what conditions are present are most likely to survive and leave offspring thus keeping their genetic characteristics going. Simple, logical - do you actually agree with that one ?

Why shouldn't we cry about flora or fauna extinctions ? Species inability to cope with sudden changes leading to their demise still reduces the biological variety of our planet. It would be nice to have something apart from cockroaches and rats running around.

What is flawed about evolution ? If most people can't stomach obvious conclusions - like you - that is hardly evolution's fault.

It is not like evolution is going away just because you don't like it.
I agree that adaptation takes place. That is NOT evolution. And you are wrong. People won't stop believing evolution just because I don't agree. I don't expect the diehards to change their minds. I do hope that some who are on the fence might accept that God is the Creator and mentally consign the ToE to the bin, where it belongs.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I agree that adaptation takes place. That is NOT evolution.

You can call it chocolate cake if you wish. It is still evolution.

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

Nothing more nothing less.

I mean if you agree with the mechanics it would read as

Adaptation is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

What would that change for you ? Adaptation Theory sounds more stylish ?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You can call it chocolate cake if you wish. It is still evolution.

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

Nothing more nothing less.

I mean if you agree with the mechanics it would read as

Adaptation is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

What would that change for you ? Adaptation Theory sounds more stylish ?
Adaptation is observable and can easily be explained by the presence of genes that permit variations within a specie. Dogs are a good example. Most modern breeds have been selectively bred from mongrels that have the genes of many breeds.

From Wolves to Pugs & Great Danes - the Evolution of Man's Best Friend

I note that not one animal that is not a dog has arisen from thousands of years of selective breeding.

Symbiosis kills evolution. A female wasp has to enter a fig and lay eggs. The wasp pollinates the fruit and so the fig survives. It's way more complex. The wasp stays inside the fig. The eggs become wasps. The fruit rots. A male wasp has to burrow out of the fig so that a new generation of wasps can live.

How does a wasp know to enter a fig? It can't fly out again as entering the fruit tears off the wings. The wasp lays eggs, male and female. The males and females mate, then the male creates a hole in the fig to allow the brood to escape. That's the simple version.

Without the wasp, the fig tree cannot survive. Without the fig, the wasp cannot breed. How did the wasp know to invade the fig? How did the male know to burrow out of the fig? This is just one small example. There are symbiotic relationships where only one particular insect fertilises one particular tree.

Darwin saw this as a problem: "Darwin's theory of biological change was based on competition, or survival of the fittest, among the individuals making up a species. He admitted: "If it could be proved that any part of the structure of any one species had been formed for the exclusive good of another species, it would annihilate my theory, for such could not have been produced through natural selection" (The Origin of Species, 1859, Masterpieces of Science edition, 1958, p. 164)."

It's just one of many problems that I see with evolutionary theory. Entropy is another. Everything declines into disorder, not order. Mammals with no more than four legs. Why not? Surely supposed billions of genetic defects would have produced something with 6 legs? And on and on it goes.

Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I note that not one animal that is not a dog has arisen from thousands of years of selective breeding.
Don't ya just love Darwinist reasoning - because a sheep dog "evolved" from a wolf, that means a whale can evolve from a rodent and a mammal can evolve from a fish.
Apparently, such wild and bizarre extrapolations add up to good science. I guess that means I'm not intelligent enough to be an evolutionary scientst.
Entropy is another. Everything declines into disorder, not order.
... except in Evolution World.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

I don't think you quite understand what a minute speck of time "thousands of years" is in terms of evolution during the billions of years there has been life on earth.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think you quite understand what a minute speck of time "thousands of years" is in terms of evolution during the billions of years there has been life on earth.
First, I don't agree that the earth has been around for billions of years. The moon is moving away from the earth. If the earth was that old, the moon would not be close enough to affect the earth at all. There would be no tides.
Second, symbiosis means mutual dependence. No amount of time can overcome that problem. And it's not like symbiosis is rare. No wasp, no fig. No fig, no wasp. Even Darwin could not reason his way out of that conundrum.

Want another puzzle? According to supposed experts, man has been around for 300,000 years. What advances did he make in that time? Next to none. Yet the human race has made extraordinary progress in the last 10,000 years or so. Funny, that is about the time that the Bible indicates that man was created.

I note that you did not respond directly to Darwin's dilemma. That's because evolution has no answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
First, I don't agree that the earth has been around for billions of years.

Well that kind of makes further discussion irrelevant on evolution's part.

Symbiosis is a complex subject that is of course subject to evolution and nothing you write convinces me you know anything about it apart from arguments from incredulity.

Symbiosis - Wikipedia

I note that you did not respond directly to Darwin's dilemma. That's because evolution has no answer.

I gather the usual further research is needed here is one theory

Darwin’s Dilemma Resolved: Evolution’s ‘Big Bang’ Explained by Five Times Faster Rates of Evolution | WFS

Yet the human race has made extraordinary progress in the last 10,000 years or so. Funny, that is about the time that the Bible indicates that man was created.

Not sure mankind made "extraordinary progress" at 7000 BC whatever that means. Every piece of evidence we have indicates earth has an age of billions of years, homo sapiens having been around few hundred thousand years.

The moon is moving away from the earth. If the earth was that old, the moon would not be close enough to affect the earth at all. There would be no tides.

Feel free to link any scientific article to that effect instead of just making an assertion.

Believing something without evidence is called faith. Believing something against all evidence is just blind faith.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟299,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't ya just love Darwinist reasoning - because a sheep dog "evolved" from a wolf, that means a whale can evolve from a rodent and a mammal can evolve from a fish.
Apparently, such wild and bizarre extrapolations add up to good science. I guess that means I'm not intelligent enough to be an evolutionary scientst.

... except in Evolution World.

Dogs did evolve from wolves. Where else would dogs have come from? Or how else would they have come about?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well that kind of makes further discussion irrelevant on evolution's part.

Symbiosis is a complex subject that is of course subject to evolution and nothing you write convinces me you know anything about it apart from arguments from incredulity.

Symbiosis - Wikipedia

I gather the usual further research is needed here is one theory

Darwin’s Dilemma Resolved: Evolution’s ‘Big Bang’ Explained by Five Times Faster Rates of Evolution | WFS

Not sure mankind made "extraordinary progress" at 7000 BC whatever that means. Every piece of evidence we have indicates earth has an age of billions of years, homo sapiens having been around few hundred thousand years.

Feel free to link any scientific article to that effect instead of just making an assertion.

Believing something without evidence is called faith. Believing something against all evidence is just blind faith.
Evolutionists know all about blind faith. And your definition of faith is false. Believing something without evidence is presumption, not faith. I have all the evidence I need to reject evolution.

Hebrews 11
1Now faith is the assurance of what we hope for and the certainty of what we do not see. 2This is why the ancients were commended. 3By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Romans 1:

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness. 19For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have all the evidence I need to reject evolution.

Since you need none and have nothing a certain symmetry is certainly present.

Btw did you have that link for your moon distance being impossible for old earth ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟299,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
??? I said sheep dogs evolved from wolves.

You said "evolved", in quotations, as if they did not. "A sheep dog "evolved" from a wolf."

If you would like, we can say it together without the quotes. No need to overcomplicate things.

Dogs evolved from wolves.

At some point in history, wolves underwent genetic mutations that resulted in a wolf giving birth to a dog. Dogs being genetically and morphologically distinct and different from wolves. Dogs being similar enough to be birthed by a wolf, yet different enough to be recognizably different in DNA and morphology. A change too small to see in a single generation, but rather is only clear after hundreds or even thousands of generations.

Upvote 0