Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In a rebuke of the neo-liberal orthodoxy which has dominated both major political parties in Britain, a study has found that mass migration has not actually stimulated the economy and has been a major drag on public services and the housing sector.

A report from the Centre for Policy Studies (CPS) and co-authored by former immigration minister Robert Jenrick finds record levels of immigration imposed upon the country by the so-called Conservative Party — despite promising the public to reduce the influx of foreigners following Brexit — has not been correlated with an increase to economic growth per capita.

While globalist advocates of mass migration argue that it increases tax revenues and lifts overall GDP, thereby giving governments talking points, on an individual basis there is a different story.

According to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), while the United Kingdom’s GDP grew by 0.1 per cent last year — amid record levels of immigration — GDP per person fell by 0.8 per cent, drastically behind the G7 average of 1.2 per cent, despite the UK seeing the second-highest level of population growth, which has largely been driven by mass migration, The Telegraph reports.

The CPS report remarked: “If large-scale migration of the sort we’ve seen is really so great for the economy, we have to ask ourselves why we are not seeing this in the GDP per capita data”.

The think tank noted that although former Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s post-Brexit immigration reforms promised to focus on “highly selective” skills-based immigration, the system has in practice allowed large waves of foreigners coming to the country who either don’t work or are employed in low-wage jobs, because the barriers to entry have been set so catastrophically low. The report found that of the net two million migrants who came to the UK from non-EU nations over the past five years, just 15 per cent arrived in the country with the principal aim of working.

The report also found that the rush to import people from around the world has come with an economic cost. Migrants from Spain, for example, earn 40 per cent more on average than migrants from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Meanwhile, migrants from the Middle East, North Africa or Turkey between the ages of 25 to 64 were nearly twice as likely to be ‘economically inactive’ than native-born Britons.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In a rebuke of the neo-liberal orthodoxy which has dominated both major political parties in Britain, a study has found that mass migration has not actually stimulated the economy and has been a major drag on public services and the housing sector.

A report from the Centre for Policy Studies (CPS) and co-authored by former immigration minister Robert Jenrick finds record levels of immigration imposed upon the country by the so-called Conservative Party — despite promising the public to reduce the influx of foreigners following Brexit — has not been correlated with an increase to economic growth per capita.

While globalist advocates of mass migration argue that it increases tax revenues and lifts overall GDP, thereby giving governments talking points, on an individual basis there is a different story.

According to data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), while the United Kingdom’s GDP grew by 0.1 per cent last year — amid record levels of immigration — GDP per person fell by 0.8 per cent, drastically behind the G7 average of 1.2 per cent, despite the UK seeing the second-highest level of population growth, which has largely been driven by mass migration, The Telegraph reports.

The CPS report remarked: “If large-scale migration of the sort we’ve seen is really so great for the economy, we have to ask ourselves why we are not seeing this in the GDP per capita data”.

The think tank noted that although former Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s post-Brexit immigration reforms promised to focus on “highly selective” skills-based immigration, the system has in practice allowed large waves of foreigners coming to the country who either don’t work or are employed in low-wage jobs, because the barriers to entry have been set so catastrophically low. The report found that of the net two million migrants who came to the UK from non-EU nations over the past five years, just 15 per cent arrived in the country with the principal aim of working.

The report also found that the rush to import people from around the world has come with an economic cost. Migrants from Spain, for example, earn 40 per cent more on average than migrants from Pakistan or Bangladesh. Meanwhile, migrants from the Middle East, North Africa or Turkey between the ages of 25 to 64 were nearly twice as likely to be ‘economically inactive’ than native-born Britons.
Seems that the British economy is growing cos of an increase in transport sector, and the NHS healthcare strikes ended, and wages went up, which sounds kinda vague, but that is what I gleaned from The Guardian's report. Nowhere does The Guardian mention immigration driving or hampering the British economy. The main drivers for the Q1 2024 economic growth in Britain are transport and services. So, we agree there. :) Now, Britain may or may not be a good analog for if legal immigration would help the US economy, but the article below did not touch on immigration at all.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, we have the same problem with the cost in major cities luckily some of our immigrants work. In our hemisphere, we have workers I know for a fact the Mexican culture is good hard workers (some of the youth are lazy), and my son manages 4 El Salvadorans as an herbalist, these add to GDP and inflation. I feel our immigrants are better than theirs because ours don't need so many breaks. Plus Biden put pro policies to encourage work. I'm not sure what policy the UK.
We need policies to control the flow because maybe the influx distorted the economy.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we have the same problem with the cost in major cities luckily some of our immigrants work. In our hemisphere, we have workers I know for a fact the Mexican culture is good hard workers (some of the youth are lazy), and my son manages 4 El Salvadorans as an herbalist, these add to GDP and inflation. I feel our immigrants are better than theirs because ours don't need so many breaks. Plus Biden put pro policies to encourage work. I'm not sure what policy the UK.
We need policies to control the flow because maybe the influx distorted the economy.
Yeah, I went on a trip to California, and saw a lot of hard working Mexicans on the fields when on the highways going through the fertile lands away from the desert. Now, eventually, it would be great if taxes apply to everyone. Hopefully undocumented immigrants are properly vetted, and partake in the process of legal citizenship though.

But, according to this article, many (undocumented) immigrants try to pay taxes: How do Undocumented Immigrants Pay Federal Taxes? An Explainer | Bipartisan Policy Center

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
maybe the influx distorted the economy.
Understatement of the year on this forum ?
':)

More worse: is overthrowing the power/ government in favor of chaos and those who started chaos on purpose, to get power over the population.

All is not lost yet, but soon.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
a study has found that mass migration has not actually stimulated the economy and has been a major drag on public services and the housing sector.
Yes, and before any study was done, this result was already planned for for decades, and is happening as planned.

The only supporting proof of this I know at this time was published long ago
"Fifty Years in the church" by Chiniquoy. I don't know if it is still available or not....

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More worse: is overthrowing the power/ government in favor of chaos and those who started chaos on purpose, to get power over the population.
That sounds a little paranoid unless I'm misunderstanding you. Don't worry about people overthrowing the government, corporations already have.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟566,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Seems that the British economy is growing cos of an increase in transport sector, and the NHS healthcare strikes ended, and wages went up, which sounds kinda vague, but that is what I gleaned from The Guardian's report. Nowhere does The Guardian mention immigration driving or hampering the British economy. The main drivers for the Q1 2024 economic growth in Britain are transport and services. So, we agree there. :) Now, Britain may or may not be a good analog for if legal immigration would help the US economy, but the article below did not touch on immigration at all.

I'm not sure why you're talking about a Guardian piece, when the OP was talking about a report from the Center for Policy Studies:

I haven't read it yet, but it's clearly about immigration.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure why you're talking about a Guardian piece, when the OP was talking about a report from the Center for Policy Studies:

I haven't read it yet, but it's clearly about immigration.
I am mentioning the Guardian article, as it goes into the reasons why the UK's economy is getting better.

By the way, the Center for Policy Studies is a center-right think tank. Hey, at least it is not a far-right think tank or far-left think tank. :)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Our economy is chugging away at a decent clip but unemployment is hovering around 4%. That’s “too low”, that is not saying that we have 4% “excess workers”, that’s saying for all the “new jobs” the pool is just about 7 million people.
This would include anybody who is bad at “holding a job” which is why they’re part of the 4%? Who knows?

We’re going to need a LOT of immigrants very soon. 2030, perhaps?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That sounds a little paranoid unless I'm misunderstanding you. Don't worry about people overthrowing the government, corporations already have.
You got it. (it seems).

Religioius world ecumenical power has been causing the leaders of nations to commit spiritual fornication for thousands of years, and has been disrupting all the economies that it can.
It is as Jesus Says it would be, not to be made afraid nor paranoid, no, but so that the joy of those of us who have learned from Jesus, who abide in Jesus, will remain when all the violations happen(-ed).

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0