AJ88

Jul 25, 2003
Eau Claire, Wisc.
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Christian
"The Secret To A Happy Marriage"

We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. Our domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town. "What a peaceful and loving couple," everybody would often say.

A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of our long and happy marriage.

"Well, it dates back to our honeymoon," I said. "We visited the Grand Canyon and took a trip to the bottom of the canyon by horse. We hadn't gone too far when my wife's horse stumbled. My wife quietly said, "That's once."

"We proceeded a little further and the horse stumbled again. Once more my wife quietly said, "That's twice."

"We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled the third time. My wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse and shot the horse dead."

"I angrily began to complain over her treatment of the horse, when she looked at me, and quietly said,
"That's once..."

"And we have lived happily ever after..."

Allen and Linda.......

B

bigfws

Well here is a quick post, I thought there would be more of us mature folks on here. Come on I know you are out there,I can hear you breathing. I'm 50 been married to the same wonderful woman for 25 years oops that is 24 years. she just looked at me and said thats once. like to talk to some one more my age on world conditions, and the soon coming of our lord.

Upvote 0

AJ88

Jul 25, 2003
Eau Claire, Wisc.
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Christian
Well,
Hi there Auntie - I am not to sure if you appreciated my 1st thread...... it probably wasn't appropriate.

Howdy to you too, bigfws -
it seems like the time it takes between our posts, we ought to be communicating intergalactically.

PS... it says I have 549 blessings........what does that mean?

later allen...

Upvote 0

AJ88

Jul 25, 2003
Eau Claire, Wisc.
Visit site
✟148.00
Faith
Christian
Welcome again Bigfws,

So your thoughts are on the world condition, and the soon coming of our lord. Mighty important things.

I was talking with my brother a few weeks ago......and he liken the world condition onto a marble spinning around in a funnel.
It doesn't go to fast when it's at the top........but it sure picks up speed as it nears the bottom.......kinda like where our world is at.

Picking up speed before the bottom drops out.
The only thing that'll get us through it is to keep our eyes fixed on our Lord.

bye now, allen.......

Upvote 0
B

bigfws

Yes Allen: I do believe that Christ return is eminant to look at world situations you wonder how much worse things can get. I believe that we are experienceing the birth pains of which Jesus spoke. You know I went to the usgs website the other day and found that we had approximately 85 earthquakes in a 7 day period worldwide. and is there anybody who is not fighting, either in a civil war or a battle with someone else. we have aids running rampant, the ebola virus is reemerging as a killer. Israel, the apple of God's eye is struggling with the terrorist who don't seem to care who they kill. If it were not for the terrible suffering of people around the world this would be an exciting time to be living. To think that this am Christ could return in all his Golry. We must all remind ourselves that we really don't have much time left on God's timetable. God has given us great and precious promices and the word of the prophets to give a certainty about the future. Bibical prophecies are not of human orrin or private interpretation. They are truths expressed by the Holy Spirit, that moved divinely inspired writers to present the future as God sees it

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.