What’s Behind Today’s Attacks on Marriage?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today’s explosive attacks on marriage are driven by a sinister plot.

By the time you read this article, I will have returned from whisking my lovely bride away to a secret location in celebration of our twentieth wedding anniversary. And while I must preface the coming statement with the obligatory “It’s not perfect,” by God’s grace, we have a wonderful marriage, and I can wholeheartedly say my wife is my greatest earthly blessing! Regrettably, many people miss the wonderful purpose and profound joy of marriage because they’ve been influenced by a number of lies about this biblical institution.

Without question the biblical concept of marriage—one man for one woman for life—is under severe assault today. Under the influence of the “father of lies” (John 8:44), Western culture is redefining and dismissing this foundational institution. The enemy’s tactics have been calculated and catastrophically effective.

Why have his attacks been so devastating? The answer is complex, but a major factor in Satan’s recent success is his attack on foundations. You see, for a culture to abandon the ingrained, traditional, biblical definition of marriage, it first must question the source of that definition. This is the devil’s strategy, and it’s not a new scheme. His ploy is as old as Genesis 3: “Did God really say?”

The strategy is simple: Use subtle questions and seemingly harmless ideas to get people to doubt, and ultimately reject, the authority of God’s Word. Undermine biblical teachings by undermining the Bible itself.

Continued below.

Reactions: tturt

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I once knew someone who said she would never get married because she couldn’t afford a divorce. It made me so sad.
That is the attitude that people have anymore. A lot of it due to what being poured into to them.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. We asked our wedding party and our guests to vow along with us to help us remember we are joined for life.
Yeah I think that’s a wonderful idea. It just seems marriage is discouraged and so many seem to be letting it hinder them. People that are married need support too. Often more.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is an article that mentions some of those concerns.

If you’ve ever heard a sermon on marriage, you’re probably familiar with the oft-quoted and depressing statistic that when it comes to divorce rates, Christians fare no better than the average person in the United States. While the broader message in such a sermon is typically a well-intentioned warning that divorce can happen to anyone, this statistic simply isn’t true.

Continued below.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0