• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

har_habayit

Sep 20, 2023
Arizona
✟14,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello all. I came here first to see if anyone was suffering here, so that I could contribute something. I have had bipolar disorder since 2011. Originally, it was diagnosed as a psychotic disorder because that's how I presented at my first psychiatric hospitalization. I had suffocating guilt and delusional thinking. I wanted to die, and later that summer, I tried to execute a pre-thought plan.

I have learned a lot of things over the last 12 years or so of having bipolar disorder. I have had ADHD since childhood, but I guess the stress of being an adult exacerbated it into BPD. I could easily advise someone who needs help fighting this demon. I don't mean that literally, but it can really manifest that way, sometimes.

It would be therapeutic for me to help you, so if anything comes up, please let me know.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope you will accept a prayer. I know what it’s like to have mh issues. I’m glad you have regained more control of your life. Keep doing what your doing in the Lord, it’s helping, and stand at the end of the day. God is good anyway.

Upvote 0

WilliamK76

“The truth shall make you free”
Oct 2, 2023
Va
✟2,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I pray for everyone in here who suffers from Bipolar. I understand your pain, I’ve been diagnosed with it as well in the past. I pray the Lord of peace give you peace of mind and fill you with His Spirit and Love in Jesus amen.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all. I came here first to see if anyone was suffering here, so that I could contribute something. I have had bipolar disorder since 2011. Originally, it was diagnosed as a psychotic disorder because that's how I presented at my first psychiatric hospitalization. I had suffocating guilt and delusional thinking. I wanted to die, and later that summer, I tried to execute a pre-thought plan.

I have learned a lot of things over the last 12 years or so of having bipolar disorder. I have had ADHD since childhood, but I guess the stress of being an adult exacerbated it into BPD. I could easily advise someone who needs help fighting this demon. I don't mean that literally, but it can really manifest that way, sometimes.

It would be therapeutic for me to help you, so if anything comes up, please let me know.

I just wanted to be very clear in saying that bipolar is not demonic and really should never be referred to as such because of the selective demonology many "christians" have toward the illness as well as the stigma associated with it. Bipolar is actually a brain disorder. I've been a Born Again Christian for over 40+ years. I was diagnosed as manic depressive/bipolar a month after my 21st birthday. I've been through A LOT and it has taken me decades and some college courses to learn the technicalities of the illness and then understand how the illness shows up in my life including triggers. The thing that helped me the most was understanding that the illness is physical and NOT spiritual and that I didn't do anything to make this illness happen.

Upvote 0