• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My best friend's birthday is coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicci

Sep 10, 2003
Alabama
✟321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've been thinking about Allison a lot lately. Her 18th birthday is coming up, on March 23. She passed away seven years ago though. It's so weird. Life really is going on without her, no matter how I lag behind. I feel like the world should have stopped spinning with her passing.

I miss her so much. She was the best friend I have ever had. She was the only human being who loved me unconditionally. Even when we fought, we were hugging within fifteen minutes. It's not fair. It's not fair that other people my age get to grow up with their friends; they get to talk about first dates together, they get to eat lunch together in the high school cafeteria, they get to go to prom together, they get to discuss colleges together, they get to graduate together. They can pick up the phone whenver they want and call eachother. I can't do any of that. I missed out.

I never really had another friend like Allison. She was my rock when the rest of the world was crashing around me, and even though it's been seven years it feels like yesterday. Where did all the time go? I've already said this, but it's NOT fair. It's not fair that I can't call her, and it's not fair that she never got to see the twins (my sisters and her cousins-they're three years old). Everything just keeps changing and everyone's grown up except Allison. I can't believe it's been this long. I miss her so much.

GMRELIC

Jan 30, 2004
texas
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian
Nicci
I feel your pain, My 15 year old son died less than 3 months ago, and I sometimes have alot of the same feelings you have about Allison, Sometimes I feel his presence with me and that brings me comfort. I try to look at it like, Is this the way my son would want me to feel, Would he want me to be sad, Allison and Morgan would never want either one of us to hurt the way we hurt, but you know they are very happy where they are and are waiting for you and I to join them when the time is right,
We have precious memories and those can never be taken away from us. I talk to Morgan dailey and it does make me feel better, I think in my heart he hears me.
You are so right it isn't fair, but it cannot be changed. we just have to make sure we live our lives so we can join them at the gates of heaven, God Bless you and I will keep you in my prayers

Upvote 0
I

Iddie4him

Nicci,
I have an idea how you feel right now. I lost my best friend a little over 4 years ago now. My Mom. She and I always disagreed and fought over everything for years, But, When she found out she had terminal cancer, Things changed between us. I found that I could go to her with anything and we could talk about things and find a solution. She accepted that I had Bipolar depression and that as it turned out, was a common thing between us, she had it to and never got treated for it. I miss her greatly and her not being able to see her grandson grow up.

Upvote 0

Jesus-is-the-1

Got no doubt, boss
Dec 5, 2003
Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so sorry for your loss Nicci. I am praying for you. My best friend of 15 years died less than a year ago in a car wreck. Her 25th birthday is coming up on April 7th. I sympathise with your pain. I get angry a lot when I think of her not being here when I get married or graduate college or just when I want to hear her beautiful laugh. I just remember all the happy times we shared and then I think of the happy times that are awaiting our reunion in Heaven. I will keep you in my prayers:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.