MRI 5 results

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟208,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[FONT=&quot]Sweetie has been "assigned" more diagnosis’s. She has a cyst in her spinal column that extends from vertebrae T2 to L2 (roughly 1/2 of her spine). This cyst puts pressure on the spinal column causing many nerve related issues including pain, bladder and bowel incontinence, gait issues, numbness in the legs, and other things.

I knew she had a spinal cord problem. It was a toss up between two diagnosis’s. I was not expecting this diagnosis to be this extensive.

Tomorrow we awaken renewed, and with our chins up high (so as to not scuff them on the concrete!!)......tonight I am an emotional mess.

Sweetie is watching her favorite movie--Polar Express. We are not going to teach her that a Santa exists, we are going with the spirit of St. Nick and exchanging gifts with each other, in the absence/remembrance of Christ, for His birthday. But for now--she is four, and she loves this movie for it's special effects I guess. I love the movie for the sheer joy she gets out of it.

It has been a bad pain day for her as well as a bad news confimation day :sigh:. I guess it is best to get them both done with in one day.

:prayer:Mayzoo:prayer:
[/FONT]

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟208,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Intheflame--hugs are fine, and better than platitudes any day of the week. Thanks again.

No, this cannot per se be removed. They will first do the brain surgery to remove her cerebellar tonsils and half her C1 vertebrea (to releave the pain/pressure) and allow normal cerebral spinal flow movement to resume. The hopes are that this first surgery will alone bring about a reduction in the size/length of the cyst in her spine. If it does not, and symptoms continue--they will have to surgically open up her spine and install a shunt to help drain the cyst. This surgery also comes with no gaurantee that it will reduce the cyst in any significant fashion. She may just have to "learn to live with it" and all the restritions that are already imposed on her life. Medication can help with the symptoms to a degree.

Thanks for listening........

Mayzoo

Upvote 0