Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why is it the ministry gifts,that Christ gave according to Paul in Ephesians never the subject of doubt?

Why do people think Paul is condemning any gifts in Corinthians?

So what if he was teaching on there use.

Show me where Paul forbid them or stated they were temporary.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It is God's will that wisdom and knowledge are imparted to all of us.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Upvote 0

Matjohluk

Jan 6, 2014
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is God's will that wisdom and knowledge are imparted to all of us.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

I think where "mystery" is used Paul is talking about the mystery of God's grace. I think Paul was talking about himself being the "chief of sinners", and he knew from that experience that the new church was struggling in trying to understand "God's grace". The knowledge and understanding of "grace" is the hardest of all things to impart, if we are not able to grasp or grapple with the full understanding of it. Does that make any sense?

Upvote 0

Matjohluk

Jan 6, 2014
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it the ministry gifts,that Christ gave according to Paul in Ephesians never the subject of doubt?

Why do people think Paul is condemning any gifts in Corinthians?

So what if he was teaching on there use.

Show me where Paul forbid them or stated they were temporary.

Interesting questions, but no sure what you are asking?

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently copied and pasted over twenty of the more popular translations of 1 Cor. 14:26 using Bible Gateway. Some translations use or while other translations imply more and YLT inserts a secondary question mark (?). I can visual these early church fellowships lasting four hours or more so perhaps everyone could participate (NO spectators).

Because many fellowships were smaller home churches I'd always understood this verse to be more of a positive exhortation by Paul. However, I recently heard a Pastor (formerly Pentecostal) interpret this verse using NKJV that Paul was actually rebuking them. Is this Pastor possibly correct with respect to this one particular verse?

Apparently, there is no consensus today among Spirit-filled believers as to the correct interpretation as it applied to that day.

“What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up.” (ESV)

“What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.” (NIV)

“How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.” (NKJV)

“What then is it, brethren? whenever ye may come together, each of you hath a psalm, hath a teaching, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation? let all things be for building up;” (YLT)

:amen:

We are told to encourage!! or - "to be more of a positive exhortation"

Nice post AbbaLove!

Of course the Lord reproves those He loves, but doesn't He do so in an effort to encourage? Of course He does.

Paul writes over and over to desire the gifts. That is encouragement my friends!

Paul also write about things being done out of love and in order. That is reproof, but the reproof from God is designed to encourage you to desire the gifts, but to use them in a proper order.

So have some taken the reproof to mean that we should not desire what God asks us to desire? It seems so. And we need to reject that as being opposite of what the Scriptures explain.

Now, there are questions on this thread about where can we go to find out about how to get the gifts. My freinds, you can go to God. But if I say to myself -'perhaps I can go to utube, or get a book', am I seeking to follow God or people?

Let me encourage you to seek the Lord Jesus Christ, the Word of God who is God, and all that He has for you. And let me tell you that He will send His Holy Spirit who will come with gifts for you, if you so desire to have them. And the incredible thing is that these wonderful gifts are manifestations of the Holy Spirit, working in and through you. Is that not incredible that God would actually be willing to work in and through us?

Sadly a scoffer says that God is not around today, and so they conclude that God does not work in and through people. They scoff at God and the work that he wants to do. They deny His power and His presence. The scoffer looks to find a fake inorder to accuse men and God, and does not understand their folly.

We don't battle with flesh and blood but powers and principalites. There are spirits wishing to create strife and evny in us, so as to promote a pretense in some. But the pretense is created to discredit the truth, who is God.

So let us beware to not scoff at the work of the Holy Spirit. Let us encourage others to desire the gifts like God does. And let all things be done in an orderly manner and not out of stife and envy. Still Paul said to rejoice even if Jesus Christ was preached out of strife and envy.

Upvote 0
A

AbbaLove

The Spiritual Gift of discerning of spirits is an important gift to protect the Body of Christ from demons and demonic attack. But, some undiscerning people of churches seem to carry a spirit of suspicion and demon busters, and these types of people are not walking in the Spirit of God.

We are warned throughout Scripture of the different kinds of spirits that are working in demonised people today, such as: deaf and dumb; oppressing; suppressing; controlling; immoral; or even the Spirit of God, and many more.

To what are you referring when you included “or even the Spirit of God and many more.” Did you really mean to say what it appears you said? If so please explain, if even possible, with an example of what you mean.

When you say "and many more" it reminds me of a congregation that held 2-hour weekly deliverance sessions in which some of the same "Christians" went forward every week for deliverance. The pastor made the comment that deliverance was an ongoing process for Christians. All the surrounding churches viewed this churches ministry as occult. After a few years the church disbanned and the Pastor later admitted that they were too extreme.

Upvote 0

Matjohluk

Jan 6, 2014
✟16,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To what are you referring when you included “or even the Spirit of God and many more.” Did you really mean to say what it appears you said? If so please explain, if even possible, with an example of what you mean.

When you say "and many more" it reminds me of a congregation that held 2-hour weekly deliverance sessions in which some of the same "Christians" went forward every week for deliverance. The pastor made the comment that deliverance was an ongoing process for Christians. All the surrounding churches viewed this churches ministry as occult. After a few years the church disbanned and the Pastor later admitted that they were too extreme.

To be quiet honest I must have lost my train of thought when I wrote that, that is the problem when I don't double check, but I think I was saying when the "Spirit of God" brings many more of the "other spirits" to the surface.

Those spirits that are from other religions are introduced into the churches under a false name, and they stay buried deed down in the woodwork of some churches that incorporate new age, Occultic practices because it seems nice and simple and appears to be helpful. One severe spirit that I have come across that has invaded many churches are the Kundalini spirit.

I've been to churches where they allow other religions to use their church, which opens the doorway to many deceiving spirits and false gifts. Some churches allow martial arts to be taught in their halls, and other types of practices that are not of our Yeshua.

I think that is what I was thinking of at the time.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
COnsidering the entire chapter, it's completely obvious that Paul's MAIN message is: "If you're gonna teach a group, it's a really GOOD idea to do it in a language everybody understands.

A Secondary teaching deals with the PURPOSES of tongues in the church, and some guidelines about properly using them - which, in the congregational setting OUTSIDE of prayer/worship times, Praying in tongues (at enhanced volume levels) is disruptive.

Religious Legalists always want to make "Federal LAWS" about stuff like this.

Upvote 0