Pre-Trib Only Millennial Kingdom (For Pretribbers)

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think it is OK to pray about your job in the Millennial Kingdom? I really don't know much about what Jesus will have us do other than he is perfect and knows what to do. Seriously though I"m of the school that believes it won't be too many years until the Rapture/Tribulation & then the Millennial Kingdom.

So I've decided to pray hesitant but cheerful to outright giddy prayers about my not-so-well-informed preferences for my work then. Usually I mention working with kids or particularly cool angels (unless that won't happen until the new heaven/new earth eternity stage.) I'm not worried or in fear. I just thought it might help express faith and get a bit of favor in the process to excitedly consider that time. Is this being self-centered?

I know it is best to look at the work set before me today. God tends to speak to me on a need to know basis so I'm not asking for any kind of confirmation. Nor am I stressed about that time at all. But am I a thorough dork for such prayers? Does anyone else do this kind of thing?

I don't mind correcting such behavior if it is a little silly.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If we have a job during that time period, wouldn't it be determined by how spiritual developed we get now?

I mean, if someone is still a spiritual infant when they die, they might need to go through several levels of school first before they can work.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟127,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
“Day and night they serve him in his Temple;
and the One who sits on the throne
will put his Sh’khinah upon them.
They will never again be hungry,
they will never again be thirsty,
the sun will not beat down on them
nor will any burning heat.
“For the Lamb at the center of the throne
will shepherd them, will lead them
to springs of living water,
and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.

Revelation 7:15-17

Doing a study of every verse on the Garden of Eden or Paradise may help. Will there be animal sacrifices? Hebrews 11:2

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a greater sacrifice than Cain, by the which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: by the which faith also he being dead, yet speaketh.

Abel used the alter God set up. The alter still in Paradise today. Hebrews also shows the end of blood sacrifices. How that alter works now, will not be centered around death, death has been taken away. Paradise is God's temple as well as the home of all of Adam's descendants. Those who like Abel, trusted God and accepted the Atonement by Christ on the Cross. Abel being the first chief priest and martyr. Matthew 23:35

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood that was shed upon the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous, unto the blood of Zechariah the son of Berechiah, whom ye slew between the Temple and the altar.

Notice that Abel was slain for his offering upon the alter in Paradise (the Garden of Eden). Jesus mentioned that even Abel's blood was held to their account as all pointed toward the Atonement on the Cross.

Our desires are for a more carnal aspect now, because we are from Seth's family, as Abel never had a chance. I think though that Paradise will not be all of what the original intent of the Garden was, nor all about the temple aspect. We will think like Abel though, and no longer like Cain. This earth is not our home though and never will be. Hebrews 11:13-16

13 All these people kept on trusting until they died, without receiving what had been promised. They had only seen it and welcomed it from a distance, while acknowledging that they were aliens and temporary residents on the earth.
14 For people who speak this way make it clear that they are looking for a fatherland.
15 Now if they were to keep recalling the one they left, they would have an opportunity to return;
16 but as it is, they aspire to a better fatherland, a heavenly one. This is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

Even when we come down in the New Jerusalem, the temple of God will still be our home. We may once again travel on earth though.

Upvote 0