supermuzzles

Oct 11, 2008
✟15,111.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Hey I am new to this and it is my first thread so here it goes,

I think almost everyone has heard about Michael Guglielmucci and how he lied about why he wrote the song 'Healer'. I just want to hear peoples thoughts about the subject.

My view is that what he did is wrong. And because of his actions many churches have decided to not play the song ever again. But even if he did the wrong thing the song has a big truth to tell and God can use broken people to do amazing things. Michael Guglielmucci shouldn't have lied but the meaning of the song is still an important one.

So I just want to hear peoples thoughts on the subject.

A

Awakening 38

Hi supermuzzles,

I like what his wife said as quoted on Nine MSN's website during the time of the whole saga. It was something to the effect of that she wanted to be so angry at him, but when she looked at him she saw a broken man and she talked about something else but that was some time ago I've forgotten it. :doh: Sorry... :sorry:

I think that it was wrong to fake having cancer to hide his addiction, but it is strong evidence to the well known fact that sin makes people stupid and do stupid things (see 2 Samuel 11:5-27, for example). I don't have anything against Mike Guglielmucci because I can sympathise with him: the torment of being in that rut that you can't get out of and knowing that you are being contrary to what you should be. I've been there - on a lesser degree, granted - but I feel that I can identify somewhat with his sufferings.

I agree with your point-of-view in that regardless of his intent behind the song Healer it blessed so many people because of the truth of its words and it continues to touch me when I listen to it because I take those words and apply them to my life (figuratively) and see them applied to other people's lives literally. What Mike did has no relevance on the truth of those words that come from Scripture. :amen:

This is just my perspective, but I also think that many of his songs perhaps come from a heart of faith where he looked forward to the salvation that God would provide for him from his addiction. That is how I initially applied the song before the whole saga came out in the media. I just hope that he's getting the help he needs to overcome it and get back on with his life and with his spiritual journey and hopefully start making more great songs soon!

Kind regards,
A38.

Upvote 0