Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Luke 3:4
King James Version​

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Where is this written?

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) - Chapter 40​

3A voice calls, "In the desert, clear the way of the Lord, straighten out in the wilderness, a highway for our God."גק֣וֹל קוֹרֵ֔א בַּמִּדְבָּ֕ר פַּנּ֖וּ דֶּ֣רֶךְ יְהֹוָ֑ה יַשְּׁרוּ֙ בָּֽעֲרָבָ֔ה מְסִלָּ֖ה לֵֽאלֹהֵֽינוּ:

Clearly our father in heaven, creator of the universe, doesn't need us to build him a highway; so what does this verse really mean?

פנ (Strong's H6437) means to turn. It does not mean clear.

ישר (Strong's H3474) means a cord. It is most often translated as righteous. As a straight tight cord holds up the tent; so too those who tabernacle with YHWH, tightly hold up his Torah.

This verse is calling those who are lost in the wilderness, who have strayed from the path, to turn (repent) and get back on the straight path of righteousness (obedience to YHWH's Torah).

John was repeating the message that has been repeated time and again.

(CLV) Mt 3:1
Now in those days, coming along is John the baptist, heralding in the wilderness of Judea,

(CLV) Mt 3:2
saying: "Repent! for °near is the kingdom of the heavens!"

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn (Repent) from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!
Ezekiel 18:32

Rend your heart
and not your garments.
Return to the Lord your God,
for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
and he relents from sending calamity.
Joel 2:13

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”
Matthew 4:17

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
2 Corinthians 7:10

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.
Acts 3:19

The message has been the same all along.

Reactions: daq