Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed too. I really thought (and we were kinda led to believe) that the flash sideways universe was going to make a crucial impact concerning the fate of the island, and the fact that it didn't was a real punch in the gut. I was expecting a twist, but not like that.

So the flash sideways universe was kinda like the Matrix, an artificial existance that was useful until the LOSTies 'unplugged' and became truly aware? Ok, that's nice and all....but it just really seems anticlimactic. It was truly wonderful to see all of the LOSTies like Jin, Sun, Charlie, Claire, etc. remember each other, but I was hoping it would be for a grander purpose than "hey, we're all dead".

On the positive side, it was nice to see the "real" Locke reconcile with Ben. I was also happy that Ben was given the chance to be "special" and become Hurely's version of Richard Alpert. I'd love to get a glimpse of how those two worked together on the Island, lol.

On a far more negative note, I hated - absolutely HATED - that Sayid ended up with Shannon in the afterlife. Come on; Nadia was his true love, not blondie. And for crying out loud, if they could get Juliette, Shannon, and Boone back for cameos, then why couldn't they find a way to drag Mr. Ecko back to the set just for one appearance. I mean it's not like the G.I Joe movie made him a hot commodity or anything, lol. And really, no Michael or Walt? Why was Walt so special? And why weren't women able to have children on the Island after the "Incident"? Those were big issues from earlier seasons I was hoping would get resolved, but they never did.

Oh well....now it's time to lose Jack Bauer and 24 as well, lol.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sf49erfan

Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so I got one thing right. A couple of years ago, I predicted that the series would end with Jack's eye (I might be able to find the thread if I looked around enough).

I was disappointed in one thing. I thought Jack was going to become a white smoke creature. It would have been fitting to have the "Black-White" contrast in the results of going down the hole for the two different reasons.

The ending confused me quite a bit. Do Jack and Juliette have a son or not? Why was Penny in the church, she was never on the island? What about Sun and Jin's daughter? Was the pilot in the church?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
They all died on the first episode. Nobody survived the plane crash. They were all lost souls trying to get to the other side. They had to work out issues, once they did...they were able to cross over. Jack dies (actually crosses over) in the same place he landed on the first episode. That is why Claire is holding the baby in the church...she never gave birth. Aaron never grew up. The people in the church were all of the souls who died at the same time. They crossed over at different times. The oriental couple never had a baby. They crossed over when they sacrificed themselves in the sub. That is why the baby is not with them in the church. They never had one when they were alive. Jack never had a son. It was something he always wanted ...but never had as a human. They did not know they were already dead....Just like Charlie...as soon as his soul sacrificed himself go under the water....he died (but it really was him crossing over) That is why Ben, was not ready. He had more things to work out. Same with Sawyer, Hugo, and Kate, Jack crossed over before they did. Remember in the afterlife....there is no time. You have to remember, Kate and Sawyer killed people when they were alive. They had a lot more issues then Jack. All of the people that showed up on the island, were just lost souls. Trying to get to the other side.
That is why nobody could give birth on the island. They were dead! That is why the kids mysteriously vanished, they were able to cross over before the adults.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
When Mr. Ecko died, that is when I figured this all out. He is with his brother in the afterlife. Kate, Jack......did not mean much to him. Maybe Sayid was there for Shannon, they are souls...maybe they can be two places at once. Sayid was the love of Shannon's life.......
When they were lost souls....not only were they working out issues.....they were fulfilling their dreams as humans. Kate always wanted a child (Aaron), Claire gives birth, Sawyer always wanting to be a cop......Kate and Jack find true love (maybe they never did when they were alive).

by the way...I am Lord BT's wife. My spelling, and sentence structure are not as good as his. Sorry!

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They all died on the first episode. Nobody survived the plane crash. They were all lost souls trying to get to the other side. They had to work out issues, once they did...they were able to cross over. Jack dies (actually crosses over) in the same place he landed on the first episode. That is why Claire is holding the baby in the church...she never gave birth. Aaron never grew up. The people in the church were all of the souls who died at the same time. They crossed over at different times. The oriental couple never had a baby. They crossed over when they sacrificed themselves in the sub. That is why the baby is not with them in the church. They never had one when they were alive. Jack never had a son. It was something he always wanted ...but never had as a human. They did not know they were already dead....Just like Charlie...as soon as his soul sacrificed himself go under the water....he died (but it really was him crossing over) That is why Ben, was not ready. He had more things to work out. Same with Sawyer, Hugo, and Kate, Jack crossed over before they did. Remember in the afterlife....there is no time. You have to remember, Kate and Sawyer killed people when they were alive. They had a lot more issues then Jack. All of the people that showed up on the island, were just lost souls. Trying to get to the other side.
That is why nobody could give birth on the island. They were dead! That is why the kids mysteriously vanished, they were able to cross over before the adults.

Interesting theory (makes the most sense to me right now). Would you describe the island as being a sort of "purgatory" and Jacob was the caretaker of it? When the plug was pulled out was that the entrance to hell and when the plug was removed "hell" was released and would have destroyed the island and eventually the world?

When they left the island (for those 3 years) were they actually able to return to the real world and "think" they were still alive...or was this just part of their purgatory experience? Why could Hurley see dead people and others couldn't? They were actually all already dead.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not sure if any of that was real. Jacob, smoke monster....none of it was real. It was something that they had to do together. for a while I thought Jacob, and Locke were Jesus vs. the Devil. Now...I really do not know. When Jack killed Locke at the end.....he was killing the evil in his life???? I am not sure. When Jack volunteered to take over for Jacob, that was Jack's sacrifice, to get him to the other side (choosing good). Same with Hurley and Ben. Locke and Jacob were representations of good and evil in their world. Right before Mr. Echo died, the smoke monster attacked him, like it was one last attempt for him to be evil. After he fought it...it went away...and he died (crossed over). sorry...it is hard for me to explain. All I know is that was the episode....when I knew it was purgatory. I am going to have to watch that one again. I think it was 3-4 seasons ago????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe Hurley was closer to the other side. Hurley never hurt anyone except himself when he was alive. Maybe he was one step closer to the other side then everybody else????

I love the theory of the plug! I think you are right on about that. No.....I do not think they went back to civilization. Their souls might of...to work out issues, and fulfill dreams that were not achieved while they were alive.

Upvote 0

The_Evelyonian

Wait, what?
Aug 25, 2004
Houston, TX
✟9,305.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

No, they survived the crash. The only part of the series where they were already dead was the whole "Flash-sideways" thing throughout season 6. Remember that Christian told Jack, "Some of them died before you, some long after." This statement would make no sense if they all died in the crash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry guys, but I'm disappointed.

For me it came down to the last 10 minutes. I was expecting some sort of juxtoposition of the post-bomb story line to merge with the sideways story line. The least satisfying resolution I could think of was... well, the one they came up with. And I'm still not sure if they died in the initial crash or when Juliette set off the bomb.

To me it had a St. Elsewheresque quality that the production staff had been swearing the overarching story wasn't going to have. In the end I don't regret committing so much viewing time and neurons to the show as it was a fantastic ride. Taking aside the fin de cicile, it was an awesome finale. I loved the crossover of timelines and the shout outs/easter eggs to points in the series.

Did anyone stay up and watch Kimmel? The "alternate endings" were hilarious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So...anyone watch the 2 hours before the finale? I really enjoyed the interviews with the actors. I enjoyed it more than the finale.

Me. And I'm glad I did because I missed a lot of things watching season 6 wihtout recording/rewatching it. It really put the icing on The End that I might have no gotten had I not watched it.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For me it came down to the last 10 minutes. I was expecting some sort of juxtoposition of the post-bomb story line to merge with the sideways story line. The least satisfying resolution I could think of was... well, the one they came up with. And I'm still not sure if they died in the initial crash or when Juliette set off the bomb.

To me it had a St. Elsewheresque quality that the production staff had been swearing the overarching story wasn't going to have. In the end I don't regret committing so much viewing time and neurons to the show as it was a fantastic ride. Taking aside the fin de cicile, it was an awesome finale. I loved the crossover of timelines and the shout outs/easter eggs to points in the series.

Did anyone stay up and watch Kimmel? The "alternate endings" were hilarious.
Couldn't stay awake for kimmel. What were the alternates?

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Me. And I'm glad I did because I missed a lot of things watching season 6 wihtout recording/rewatching it. It really put the icing on The End that I might have no gotten had I not watched it.

I loved hearing from the actors. "Ben" was a very interesting man to listen to...and it's interesting to hear how much they didn't know about the show until it was upon them. Although, I didn't understand "Locke" saying that he didn't know at first that he had been in a wheelchair. And I loved them saying that they were big fans of the show themselves.

Sayid and Jin were great to hear in their true voices. This show's cast was so exceptional. I'll just keep thinking about that! ^_^ ;)

Upvote 0