Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
On the plane that landed in LA, Jack seemed very apprehensive. Did he know that this was an alternate reality and he was waiting for the crash?

Also on that plane there were some differences from the original 815. Shannon wasn't on board and they didn't show Michael, Walt or any of the tailies other than Bernard.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

I have to say...whenever anyone dies on this show, I'm never sure if they will stay that way. And in a way, that's kind of a "bad" thing, in that, I don't think the impact is what it would be if so many of the dead people didn't keep reappearing.

I'm glad to see them alive, don't get me wrong, it's just...it lessens the impact. I'm fully expecting to see Juliet again. So...I was less sad than I would've been. And Sayid...I didn't feel much sadness at all...I just knew he'd "be back".

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you guys think was up with the underwater island? Do you think there's parallel timelines going on?

Definitely, but I also think somehow (no idea how) the two parallels are going to join up with each other at some point.

On the plane that landed in LA, Jack seemed very apprehensive. Did he know that this was an alternate reality and he was waiting for the crash?

The only thing that made me think so was him feeling like he'd met Desmond before. Except, he might have been recognizing him from the run up the stadium stairs where they really first met.

And Sayid...I didn't feel much sadness at all...I just knew he'd "be back".

Yeah I felt like if Sayid were really dead, he wouldn't have gotten such an inglorious send-off. I was not expecting to see him come back alive after so much time had passed though!

It was interesting how Desmond "disappeared" after Jack saved Charlie.

And why did Charlie swallow the drugs. IIRC, In the pilot he was trying to use the drugs.

Yeah some of the parallel stories were off, like Hurley being the luckiest guy alive, and Boone going to save Shannon from a relationship but then her not wanting to leave after all.

It's an interesting observation though, that Desmond disappeared after Jack saved Charlie. Hmm...

Overall, I was very confused by the premiere, LOL! The stand-out, significant lines that I think are themes are:

Juliet: It worked. (!!!!???)
Jack: Nothing is irreversible.
Jacob/unLocke: You have/had a choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know it! We have never seen Richard in chains, if anything, he's a rather free and roving person. I wonder if it has anything to do with the chain-type sounds we hear when Smokey is coming around.

That's what I was thinking too. There's also the chains that grabbed Locke back in what, Season 1? and tried to drag him down into the hole that time.

The other thought I had was whether it had something to do with the ship that Jacob and MIB were watching when they were on the beach. If that was the Black Rock and if Richard was on it, could he have been a prisoner on the ship, in chains? Maybe that was the last time MIB saw him face to face.

Had another thought on a separate topic: What was up with the cut on Jack's neck when he looked in the mirror on the plane?

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just saw this referenced on another site.

Prometheus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prometheus, in eternal punishment, is chained to a rock in the Caucasus, where his liver is eaten out daily by an eagle,[4] only to be regenerated by night, which, by legend, is due to his immortality.[5] Years later, the Greek hero Heracles (Hercules) would shoot the eagle and free Prometheus from his chains.[6]

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one mentioned this, but Christian's coffin wasn't on the plane this time.
I'm thinking that might be significant somehow.

That's a great point! That's another reason I think these "flash-sideways" parallel realities are going to merge together at some point. My first thought was that the coffin was missing because we saw it on the island in the series premier, empty, with Christian's apparition walking around the island.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
The other thought I had was whether it had something to do with the ship that Jacob and MIB were watching when they were on the beach. If that was the Black Rock and if Richard was on it, could he have been a prisoner on the ship, in chains? Maybe that was the last time MIB saw him face to face.

This is what i thought as well.

Upvote 0