Looking for a church or group meeting in South Florida.

RevelatioNow

Oct 5, 2019
Palm Beach County
✟17,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for a church for myself and family. I was raised in pentecostal/televangelism/word of faith. I want nothing to do with that set of beliefs. I have seen it destroy my family over the past 40 years. I was baptized in catholicism but because my father and his father were both sodomized and molested by catholic priests I view this as the fruits of that movement and many other doctrines of theirs I reject. I dont need every line of my doctrine to match but I would like it to be close. My wife desires other christian families for us to fellowship with. I cant bring myself to attend these non-denominational mega-churches that push Joel Osteen, Rick warren and the like.
We dont celebrate holidays save Thanksgiving. I dont believe in the Hebrew Roots or Sacred Name movements. I believe in Biblical cosmology. I dont believe in Transubstantiation or any other type of doctrine that seeks to do more than symbolize the bread and wine as the body and blood of Christ. I believe that salvation is a gift of God through faith in the death, burial and resurrection. I believe that repentance from dead works/sin is necessary and a continual event in the Christians life. I believe in preaching against sin and naming the sins, unlike most antinomianism in churches today. We did attend an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church but I dont believe in once saved always saved doctrine either.
I dont believe in pre-trib rapture but thats not a deal breaker. I dont believe in tithes but in freely giving out of your heart. I believe the church should minister to the orphans and widows. I have many beliefs which I hold to though not listed.

If you know of any group or church in my area I would appreciate the info!

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking for a church for myself and family. I was raised in pentecostal/televangelism/word of faith. I want nothing to do with that set of beliefs. I have seen it destroy my family over the past 40 years. I was baptized in catholicism but because my father and his father were both sodomized and molested by catholic priests I view this as the fruits of that movement and many other doctrines of theirs I reject. I dont need every line of my doctrine to match but I would like it to be close. My wife desires other christian families for us to fellowship with. I cant bring myself to attend these non-denominational mega-churches that push Joel Osteen, Rick warren and the like.
We dont celebrate holidays save Thanksgiving. I dont believe in the Hebrew Roots or Sacred Name movements. I believe in Biblical cosmology. I dont believe in Transubstantiation or any other type of doctrine that seeks to do more than symbolize the bread and wine as the body and blood of Christ. I believe that salvation is a gift of God through faith in the death, burial and resurrection. I believe that repentance from dead works/sin is necessary and a continual event in the Christians life. I believe in preaching against sin and naming the sins, unlike most antinomianism in churches today. We did attend an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church but I dont believe in once saved always saved doctrine either.
I dont believe in pre-trib rapture but thats not a deal breaker. I dont believe in tithes but in freely giving out of your heart. I believe the church should minister to the orphans and widows. I have many beliefs which I hold to though not listed.

If you know of any group or church in my area I would appreciate the info!
South Florida is a wide area to deal with. PM me and I can probably assist.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I can't seem to figure out how to PM. Maybe because my account is so new I dont have the option??
Yeah I think you need at least 20 posts and 5 likes before having the capability of PM’s.

Reactions: RevelatioNow
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, RevolatioNow.

I know nothing about the congregations that are available to you in South Florida, but I imagine that every major denomination is represented. From what you have said, and unless I've forgotten something, I would recommend starting a search with a congregation of the American Baptist Churches USA, or the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana), or a congregation of the Churches of Christ.

Upvote 0

RevelatioNow

Oct 5, 2019
Palm Beach County
✟17,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, RevolatioNow.

I know nothing about the congregations that are available to you in South Florida, but I imagine that every major denomination is represented. From what you have said, and unless I've forgotten something, I would recommend starting a search with a congregation of the American Baptist Churches USA, or the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana), or a congregation of the Churches of Christ.

Ive researched the mentioned churches but dont believe in some of their major doctrines. I'm not looking for a denomination as all I've researched only has part truths and accept mans traditions as doctrine. I imagine what ever group I find it will be small. All throughout scripture we are told to obey sound doctrine. All i see in churches today are mans traditions over-ruling Gods words. If I am in error I would rather die and perish in my error than force myself to attend and therefore promote doctrine I dont agree with. This forum is really my last shot. My wife just wants to attend any church and isn't concerned about doctrine which is concerning to me. I dont know what God expects. How do I justify to God going to a church who's doctrine I would be rejecting mentally while promoting it with my attendance. I really am about to give up. I feel God has rejected me. All I've ever asked Him for was truth. And now all I have is sorrow. Ecc 1:18For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
When I am judged of God one day I won't have any man, preacher, friend there with me. All I will have is His word. We are to love in truth, not just love.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RevelatioNow

Oct 5, 2019
Palm Beach County
✟17,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your beliefs are pretty close to Baptist. I'd at least go there for now. Your wife is craving fellowship. What if she drifts away while you search for the perfect church?
To be honest, Im not sure my wife does have a relationship at last a visible one, with the Father.... At least from what I see. She is not concerned about reading the Bible or even associating with Christian people. She just wants me to hang out with her and her friends. They go to mega-churches and go out as families. I had an alcohol problem and quit drinking in April 2018. It was pretty bad though I wouldn't call my self an alcoholic, was really just binge drinking after bad calls at fire dept. My wifes friends, though they attend mega-churches still go out and drink(I dont think drinking is wrong but they all get drunk). My wife knows I have a problem. I also am an introvert by nature. She is upset I dont want to hang with these folks while they drink. One of them is an ex-baseball player and I have never seen a game. It boars the snot out of me. The other talks football. Personally, i thinks sports are idols to me and could care less about statistics. When I met my wife we were 16 and I had a bad home life. We went to the same private school but my parents were far different from hers. I left home many times and her parents allowed me to move in and I stayed there a while. We have been together since and are now 40. We have absolutely nothing in common any more and I am at the end of my rope for us to find true fellowship. I went to a Baptist church and the women ran it and the men had no control. They believe in once saved always. The decorate the inside of the sanctuary with st patricks day decorations and have halloween parties. The speak of pre-trib rapture which I cant find in scripture. I'm not looking to belong to some building. How do I allow my kids to listen to a preacher that tells them they can do whatever they want if they just say a prayer. I believe the grace of faith of God is very pure and a simple thing and we cloud it through our sins and traditions of our fathers. What is apostasy? It would seem that its variable depending on denomination. So what is truth? How can we be so far apart in our beliefs? Please pray for the Father to guide me by His Spirit.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We'll keep you in our prayers, friend. Believe it or not, a *lot* of Christians are in your shoes.

These forums can, I think, help. At least they can help you connect with other Christians and work through your concerns and struggles, and find fellowship.

Upvote 0