Visit site
✟2,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone here ever try it? Did you last the whole ten days or did you go longer? Most importantly... Did it work?
I'm thinking about doing it for the suggested 10 day minimum to dextox my body of all the crap I have eaten before switching to a largely vegetable diet, not saying I will cut out meat completely, but ultimately that is my goal.

cakes&buttercream

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
USA
✟32,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
True story:

My best friend went on this diet. He lost over 15 pounds in the first ten days. He then completed the diet, going for the full 40 days and he lost a whole 76 pounds. I was completely shocked! He did say that the first few days you feel "weak".. your body adjusting to just a liquid diet, but after that, he had NO hunger pains whatsoever.

Upvote 0

izarya

Theurgist Extraordinaire
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟2,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
True story:

My best friend went on this diet. He lost over 15 pounds in the first ten days. He then completed the diet, going for the full 40 days and he lost a whole 76 pounds. I was completely shocked! He did say that the first few days you feel "weak".. your body adjusting to just a liquid diet, but after that, he had NO hunger pains whatsoever.
Wow! I attempted it back in June but I got migraines from caffeine deprivation. I am thinking of giving it another go now that I have cut out coffee.

Upvote 0

junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Wow! I attempted it back in June but I got migraines from caffeine deprivation. I am thinking of giving it another go now that I have cut out coffee.

Have you considered going on a juicing diet? (That is, if you own a juicer). If you don't have blood sugar issues, I'd imagine that it might be a little easier on the body since vegetable/fruit juices contain more minerals/nutrients than lemonade alone. I've known lots of people that this has worked for as well. Just a suggestion. Also, aloe vera juice is also great for detoxing. :)

Upvote 0
F

ForeRunner

Any "detox" diet is just lip service. Your body is a sophisticated system that evolved to purge environmental toxins on its own. Just eat better (it seems you already are) and your body will take care of the rest.

An all juice diet is also pointless. All juicing does to fruits and veggies is remove most of their nutrients and all of their necessary fiber. It takes more effort for less payoff.

Losing weight by drinking water, sugar, and citric acid (or juice) is essentially a starvation diet that will be characterized by large amounts of muscle wasting, and possibly malnutrition due to the lack of protein, fat, and micro nutrients. It is not healthy, nor a long term solution. The ultimate end result would likely be even more fat on your body.

Eat veggies, fruit, lean meat, and good fat. Avoid starch, sugar and anything that comes in a box.

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I drink lemon juice almost everyday it has all kind of health benefits but I

would not just drink lemon juice by itself everyday. Everyone has

different types of foods and drinks that they can tolerate or not, so good

food choices for one may be totally no good for someone else.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums