LEGALISM..Whats worse eating Pork or smoking Marijuana/Cigarettes?

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟88,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this sounds silly, but Im going to show you how legalism at its best can be, the way some think on these forums.

Some on here will say they keep the Sabbath because God commanded it and turn around and eat Pork when God forbid it in the same 5 books of Law they are quoting from and condemning Christians for not obeying.

At the same time, I know some people will not eat Pork because God said not to, but tell others it is okay to smoke weed or cigarettes because it is a plant or not a command that forbids in the bible.

So according to legalism, it would be okay to:
-Smoke weed or cigarettes because the bible doesnt forbid it

But bad to:
-Eat pork and shellfish because the bible forbids it.

I personally have cut down on pork and shrimp because they are not good for your health and the whole spirit of the law is that our bodies are a temple and we need to take care of it.

Take someone that smokes everyday compared to someone that eats pork everyday and see who lives the longest, yet some will think they are righteous person, because they dont eat pork, yet still smoke which is also not taking care of their body.

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟88,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's easy. They're both sinful. ;)

I agree but im shocked when I go to some churches and I see some member smoking outside in the parking lot, it not often but I do see it. Cigarettes that is, as I dont think anyone would be that bad to smoke a joint and come inside and sing along with the praise team while high.

Upvote 0

mrs94

Follower of Yeshua
Sep 29, 2012
✟7,892.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I agree but im shocked when I go to some churches and I see some member smoking outside in the parking lot, it not often but I do see it. Cigarettes that is, as I dont think anyone would be that bad to smoke a joint and come inside and sing along with the praise team while high.

That's the problem when you really don't have any standards...then, anything goes.

Upvote 0