Kevin O’Leary says he will no longer invest in ‘loser’ New York after Trump verdict

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I bet that if he did not stick up for Trump then you would not be calling him a real estate huckster.
You’re right, but not in the way you intended to be. If he hadn’t stuck up for Trump, then I never would’ve heard of him, so I wouldn’t have called him a huckster.

But if I had become aware of him for some reason, and had read his bio, I absolutely would have called him that. A motivational speaker who sells a program teaching you how to get rich is basically a huckster archetype. Him being a scientologist is icing on the cake. Amusingly, Trump has done something similar (minus the scientology).

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh brother. No. Literally everything in that post is incorrect.

First, it’s Remington, not Winchester.

Second, nobody has even claimed their leaving is about real estate valuations. What they’ve claimed is that it’s due to NY’s hostility to gun ownership.
Yeah sorry it is Remington. Yes, several anti-gun laws pushed by Democrats were passed in the state that hindered its work activity. "maintaining and operating those very old buildings is cost prohibitive. And New York State’s legislative environment remains a major concern for our industry."

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah sorry it is Remington. Yes, several anti-gun laws pushed by Democrats were passed in the state that hindered its work activity. "maintaining and operating those very old buildings is cost prohibitive. And New York State’s legislative environment remains a major concern for our industry."
“Remains a major concern” doesn’t mean they can’t make things there. It means it’s harder to sell things there.

For years now (again, I grew up there) I’ve been asking people to explain how those laws make it harder to manufacture guns in Ilion. Nobody has been able to answer me. Perhaps you’d care to try, since you seem to believe the claim. ???

Upvote 0