Kevin O’Leary says he will no longer invest in ‘loser’ New York after Trump verdict

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟221,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“This award, I mean, just leaving the whole Trump thing out of it and seeing what occurred here…And I’m no different than any other investor, I’m shocked at this,” O’Leary said in an interview Monday with Fox Business. “I can’t even understand or fathom the decision at all. There’s no rationale for it.” It would be foolish to make investments in New York when they can twist the law into anything they wish. In the blink of an eye your investment could be confiscated.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It looks like to me that Mr. Kevin O'Leary is a wise individual.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I sense a NY AG investigation in his Mr. O'Leary's future. If he thinks the law was twisted to criminalize normal business practices in the case Mr. Trump's business, then we must wonder what business laws O'Leary is violating.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sense a NY AG investigation in his Mr. O'Leary's future. If he thinks the law was twisted to criminalize normal business practices in the case Mr. Trump's business, then we must wonder what business laws O'Leary is violating.
That sounds a lot like lawfare to me. I do hope that isn't what you are suggesting.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That sounds a lot like lawfare to me. I do hope that isn't what you are suggesting.
What I'm suggesting is that people who complain about the valid enforcement of the law as "shocking" just might be violating the same law themselves.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I'm suggesting is that people who complain about the valid enforcement of the law as "shocking" just might be violating the same law themselves.
What if it was not a valid enforcement of the law?

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟96,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟75,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then it will be overturned on appeal. So we could wait and see, but I've seen no legal analysis that it was invalid.

This legal opinion was written by Steven Calabresi. He appears to have strong credibility with legal theory and laws.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It looks like to me that Mr. Kevin O'Leary is a wise individual.
I wonder if the state of NY will discover illegal activities by O’Leary, as well as any other MAGA supporter, pro-lifer, anti-illegal immigration voter, and those who have not learned those 57 pronouns. The nice little weapon they have discovered here.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,449,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if the state of NY will discover illegal activities by O’Leary, as well as any other MAGA supporter, pro-lifer, anti-illegal immigration voter, and those who have not learned those 57 pronouns. The nice little weapon they have discovered here.

Ever the *victim*. Sigh.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Remind me why we should care what this guy says. Is it because he plays a business mogul on tv?

Here's his bio:

I'm beginning to think "Mr. Wonderful"'s threat to not do business in NY is an empty threat. (Maybe if Canada is annexed by NY State...) He doesn't seem to have any significant business in NY. Just another gasbag. Sigh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It would be foolish to make investments in New York when they can twist the law into anything they wish. In the blink of an eye your investment could be confiscated.
It seems to me that it would be foolish to run a business in New York and to commit financial fraud for that business.
Which means it would be safe in New York for banks to offer loans to businesses.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This legal opinion was written by Steven Calabresi. He appears to have strong credibility with legal theory and laws.

Why does the article say
"This is all punishment for Trump allegedly committing fraud by falsely in inflating and deflating the value of his real estate assets to pay lower state taxes and to receive more favorable loans from banks."

The guy was convicted of committing fraud, there is nothing "allegedly" about it.
Seems the author is playing games.

Upvote 0