• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just for fun...

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just for fun because we are usually serious....What was the number one song the year you were born? Just change the year and look under your month...

US Number One Songs - 1970

Mine is "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family...yes, I'm old! :D

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is fun!

Mine Ghost busters movie song lol. That movie always make me laugh. Never hear your song Court. I think it is from TV show yes? I hear of the Partridge family as a show.

How funny Lidija! Ghost Busters was out when I was in school...Yes, the Partridge Family was a t.v. show. ^_^

Upvote 0

OnBrokenWings

Nov 25, 2010
✟7,659.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Great idea Court! I got Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World so, so 80's I love it! I have heard the song before but I didn't know the name of it or who wrote it. I heard Tears for Fears and was like "Nice, sounds like a metal band!" LOL nope! Probably the most cliche 80's group pop song haha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OnBrokenWings

Nov 25, 2010
✟7,659.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Youd did get a great song Paula! Not old at all.

It is crazy Court! Time seems to fly I know. I heard the name and was expecting some like hair glam or thrash but nope lol. I like 80's metal a lot. Probably more of an 90's girl but that's just because that's my generation. I was always the quite girl in the corner with a Korn hoodie and headphones on lol.

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Youd did get a great song Paula! Not old at all.

It is crazy Court! Time seems to fly I know. I heard the name and was expecting some like hair glam or thrash but nope lol. I like 80's metal a lot. Probably more of an 90's girl but that's just because that's my generation. I was always the quite girl in the corner with a Korn hoodie and headphones on lol.

Isn't it funny how time does fly?! It's also funny that many of us were the "quiet girls" in school...

Upvote 0

OnBrokenWings

Nov 25, 2010
✟7,659.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Once I hit 18 it just started going by so fast. I do nothing all day and it still just seems to fly by. Makes me feel like I am wasting my time even more. That is funny Court. I'm not really sure why that is? Doesn't really seem to fit you know? If anything stripping is like the opposite of being quite? Could be because of all the stuff at home that was going on at home when we were in school? Naturally I am quite though. If I need to be outgoing I usually have either really work at it or drink or drug myself there. Could be why so many of us end up with substance abuse issues?

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So true, so true. I had a lot going on at home too as I am sure most of us did when we were young. I just find it so fascinating that most of us were the quiet ones. Ricardo once said something about strippers showing their bodies because they don't know how to show their souls (or something like that). I think it's so true. It is why so many of us end up abusing substances. We have such a hard time expressing our feelings and most of them get stuffed down deep inside. It such an unhealthy way to live, but we know no other until we make the decision to face our feelings.

Upvote 0

OnBrokenWings

Nov 25, 2010
✟7,659.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I can agree with what he said. It's so hard for me to have a conversation with a person sober. To be honest I remember when I use to live in an apartment building if I would hear people walking down the hall I was going down I would turn and go the other way. am pretty sure I did it just to avoid having any contact with another person. I strip though and don't seem to have a problem doing that. It's weird.... I know my true feelings are so deep down that they only really come out if I blow up. It's all just pretty heavy stuff. It is a really unhealthy to live I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums