malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That can't be the answer because Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." Who is "the one," meaning a singular individual, who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John?
It is the answer, and you are now asking a question that everyone can see has plainly been answered. Go back to John Smith. If you continue to try and bog this down by asking questions you claim have not been answered when it is obvious they have I will retire from the conversation

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is the answer, and you are now asking a question that everyone can see has plainly been answered. Go back to John Smith. If you continue to try and bog this down by asking questions you claim have not been answered when it is obvious they have I will retire from the conversation

I didn't say you didn't answer my question. I said the answer you gave can't be the right answer. Again, Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he" (Lk. 7:28). "The one" is a singular individual who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John. Who is that individual? Your answer "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven" can't be right because it's not a single individual.

The answer I gave in post #47 was the name of a singular individual: Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I didn't say you didn't answer my question. I said the answer you gave can't be the right answer. Again, Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." (Lk. 7:28). "The one" is a singular individual, and they are who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John. Who is that individual? Your answer "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven" can't be right because it's not a single individual.

The answer I gave was the name of a singular individual: Jesus.
You are letting yourself down badly now:
Ah just seen what you added. John Smith say makes it to Heaven, he has done the least good works, and detoured from the path he should have been on more than any other. So, he is considered the least in the kingdom of Heaven. However, anyone dwelling in the sinless Heaven will always be considered greater than anyone walking this earth in a body of flesh

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are letting yourself down badly now:
Ah just seen what you added. John Smith say makes it to Heaven, he has done the least good works, and detoured from the path he should have been on more than any other. So, he is considered the least in the kingdom of Heaven. However, anyone dwelling in the sinless Heaven will always be considered greater than anyone walking this earth in a body of flesh

No, I'm not. After that post you clarified yourself by saying, "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven. They have jettisoned their body of flesh, for flesh and blood cannot enter Heaven(1Cor15:50) No matter how great someone is who walks this earth, they cannot be compared to anyone actually dwelling in the perfect Heaven, for they, unlike the person in Heaven still dwells in their imperfect body of flesh. And no one is perfect in the body of flesh."

That answer of yours to the question "Who is the one least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John?" can't be the right answer because Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he" (Lk. 7:28). "The one" is a singular individual, and they are who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John. Who is that individual? Your answer "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven" can't be right because it's not a single individual.

The answer I gave was the name of a singular individual: Jesus, and in post #50 I explain why He is the one who is least in the Kingdom of God and greater than John.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, I'm not. After that post you clarified yourself by saying, "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven. They have jettisoned their body of flesh, for flesh and blood cannot enter Heaven(1Cor15:50) No matter how great someone is who walks this earth, they cannot be compared to anyone actually dwelling in the perfect Heaven, for they, unlike the person in Heaven still dwells in their imperfect body of flesh. And no one is perfect in the body of flesh."

That answer of yours to the question "Who is the least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John?" can't be the right answer because Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he" (Lk. 7:28). "The one" is a singular individual, and they are who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John. Who is that individual? Your answer "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven" can't be right because it's not a single individual.

The answer I gave in post #47 was the name of a singular individual: Jesus.
I will retire from this conversation. You have run out of road so to speak so are left scrambling to try and find anything to contradict the truth you have been given. Everyone who enters heaven jettisons their body of flesh, but obviously how you lived your life on this earth counts for who is considered the greatest or least in Heaven. And it is plainly obvious there has to be one person/one in dividual in Heaven who did the least good works and strayed from the path they should have been on more than any other. Therefore they are considered the least in the kingdom of Heaven. Frankly, a child could understand this, but sadly, many on the internet want to just keep arguing, even when they have run out of road

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I will retire from this conversation. You have run out of road so to speak so are left scrambling to try and find anything to contradict the truth you have been given. Everyone who enters heaven jettisons their body of flesh, but obviously how you lived your life on this earth counts for who is considered the greatest or least in Heaven. And it is plainly obvious there has to be one person/one in dividual in Heaven who did the least good works and strayed from the path they should have been on more than any other. Therefore they are considered the least in the kingdom of Heaven. Frankly, a child could understand this, but sadly, many on the internet want to just keep arguing, even when they have run out of road

Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he" (Lk. 7:28). "The one" is a singular individual who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John. Who is that individual?

Your answer "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven. They have jettisoned their body of flesh, for flesh and blood cannot enter Heaven(1Cor15:50)" can't be right because you're not naming a single individual.

The answer I gave was the name of a singular individual: Jesus, and in post #50 I explain why He is the one who is least in the Kingdom of God and greater than John. Here's the explanation again:

John is more than a prophet. He is more than many saints, because he is the one of whom it is written: "Look, I am going to send my angel to prepare Your way before You" (Malachi: 3:1) Angel. Consider this. You know that the angels are pure spirits created by God to His spiritual likeness and placed as a link between man, the perfection of the visible and material creation, and God, the Perfection of Heaven and Earth, Creator of the spiritual Kingdom and of the animal kingdom. Even in the holiest man there is always flesh and blood forming an abyss between him and God. And the abyss subsides under the weight of sin that weighs down also what is spiritual in man. So God created the angels, creatures reaching the summit of the creation scale, just as minerals lie at its base, minerals being the dust forming the earth and inorganic materials in general. They are clear mirrors of the Thought of God, willing flames operating out of love, ready to understand, quick in acting, free in willing as we are, but their entirely holy will ignores the rebellion and incentive of sin. That is what the angels adoring God are, His messengers to men, our protectors, who grant us the Light that shines on them and the Fire that they gather worshiping.

John is called "angel" by the prophetic word. And Jesus said: "Of all the children born of women, a greater one than John the Baptist has never been seen." Yet the least in the Kingdom of Heaven will be greater than John-man. Because one of the Kingdom of Heaven is a son of God and not of woman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
b
Jesus said, "among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he" (Lk. 7:28). "The one" is a singular individual who is least in the Kingdom of Heaven and greater than John. Who is that individual?

Your answer "The least in the kingdom of Heaven is dwelling in the sinless/perfect Heaven. They have jettisoned their body of flesh, for flesh and blood cannot enter Heaven(1Cor15:50) " can't be right because you're not naming a single individual.

The answer I gave was the name of a singular individual: Jesus, and in post #47 I explain why He is the one who is least in the Kingdom of God and greater than John.
Bye

Upvote 0

Soulx3

Feb 22, 2024
PNW
✟3,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Greek word used here is αδελφοί meaning brothers. It does not mean cousins..

If you read the opening post, you'd know I didn't say that the Koine Greek word "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi) has the direct definition "cousin," but rather has the following textbook definitions: "fellow-countryman," "disciple/follower," "one of the same faith," and "kinsman, or relative," etc. While there are Koine Greek words that have the direct definition "cousin," the use of "ἀδελφοί" (adelphoi) to refer to cousins aptly applies as well, because its broad familial definition "kinsman, or relative" can be used to refer to various types of family members, including cousins., e.g., siblings, cousins, nephews, or uncles, etc.

James, Joseph, Judas and Simon; as well at least two girls, were children of Joseph and Mary.

It's not stated in the New Testament that Joseph, Simon, James, and Judas (Jude/Thaddeus) and unnamed sisters from Matt. 13:55/Mk. 6:3 were the sons and daughters of Joseph and Mary, but rather only Jesus is called the son of Joseph and Mary (Matt. 13:55, Mk. 6:3). In the opening post, I've provided scriptural verses, in addition to more explicit evidence, that collectively show they were the sons of Jesus's uncle, Alphaeus (Joseph's brother), and his wife Mary of Cleophas (Clopas/Alphaeus) who was Mary of Joseph's sister-in-law (Jn. 19:25), and were thus His cousins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Despite nowhere in the writings that make up the Bible
This information comes from a book that is not canonized. The story is that Mary devoted her life to God and was going to remain a virgin all of her life. So the priest in the temple set her up with Joseph who was a widowers and to old to have any more children, James was the youngest at 12 and Mary took care of James for Joseph. The rest of his children were older and married. This is why we do not read about Joseph after Jesus was 12 years old. It is presumed that he died from old age.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So, what is the point of knowing about the half-siblings of Jesus? How does this information help us in the walk of faith with God?
So Jesus could answer: "“Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother” Matthew 12:46-50

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0