Discussion Is your church/denomination fighting against the encroaching cultural/sexual agenda?

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My denomination is Assemblies of GOD, and they reaffirmed their position(s) against certain sexual activities outside of the male and female biblical standard back in 2014,...

People ought to read that through. It is a very good stance against the many things we see trying to overtake church bodies, but,...... a lot of churches/denominations here in the states are slowly starting to accommodate some of the lgbtq agenda. It could be for many reasons, but ultimately they are moving away from a strong biblical stance against such things and into a weaker more world friendly church environment.

This has had some devastating results. Satan has been able to gain footholds into some of the mainline Protestant churches through this agenda, enough of a foothold to actually split them in segments away from the denomination. They've been able to actually wrestle the church building away from the denomination in some cases. This stuff is not going away, it will get worse and more aggressive as time progresses.

So,.... is your church/denomination fighting against it or cozying up to it?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My denomination is Assemblies of GOD, and they reaffirmed their position(s) against certain sexual activities outside of the male and female biblical standard back in 2014,...

People ought to read that through. It is a very good stance against the many things we see trying to overtake church bodies, but,...... a lot of churches/denominations here in the states are slowly starting to accommodate some of the lgbtq agenda. It could be for many reasons, but ultimately they are moving away from a strong biblical stance against such things and into a weaker more world friendly church environment.

This has had some devastating results. Satan has been able to gain footholds into some of the mainline Protestant churches through this agenda, enough of a foothold to actually split them in segments away from the denomination. They've been able to actually wrestle the church building away from the denomination in some cases. This stuff is not going away, it will get worse and more aggressive as time progresses.

There is a third stance besides fighting or cozying up to same sex attraction. That answer is written in dust by Him.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a third stance besides fighting or cozying up to same sex attraction. That answer is written in dust by Him.
Blessings.
I'd like a deeper explanation on your response please

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd like a deeper explanation on your response please
The answer is in Him, through His Holy Spirit. One thing I do know, Jesus Christ of Nazareth never fought against sinners nor did He align with them. It's up to each individual to follow in His footsteps and figure out that third option.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have two church homes per se. I attend a local Wesleyan church on Sundays, and I travel to Topeka, KS (about 50 miles one way) on Wednesday nights to attend a home church fellowship. Both from my experience and knowledge are pretty adamantly against current world trends on gender identity and such.

The home fellowship has no official statement of doctrine, at least not one that I can link here. But the Wesleyan one does:

They do delve into some aspects of why someone may want to identity in certain ways, but they seem to be pretty adamantly against anything other than what God declared when he said "male and female".

"Based on our biblical and theological study, there is no argument for a “third gender” among humans. Gender confusion and dysphoria are ultimately the biological, psychological, social and spiritual consequences of the human race’s fallen condition. This state of depravity affects all persons individually and collectively.

While society is at liberty to destigmatize or legitimize any behavior it chooses simply by reclassifying and renaming it, Christ-followers adhere to biblical boundaries. It is our Christian conviction that renaming them cannot normalize sin and its expressions. We call upon biblical Christians to continue to accept their role as witnesses who speak prophetically about the need for repentance and sanctification in every culture"

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The answer is in Him, through His Holy Spirit. One thing I do know, Jesus Christ of Nazareth never fought against sinners nor did He align with them. It's up to each individual to follow in His footsteps and figure out that third option.
Blessings.

Let's try not to get to in the weeds with theology and distract from the subject please. It's easy to do on these subjects.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings.
Thank you for the explanation, I'll not take this too far off topic with a response, but thank you for explaining again!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the explanation, I'll not take this too far off topic with a response, but thank you for explaining again!
Very sure He did not fight the sinner only the sin.
Blessings

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
An aspect of the body of Christ,...

Sometimes people make really stupid decisions that are costly.

Not trying to divert from the subject, I was just dumbfounded by how weak of leadership we have nowadays in the world that would have thought such a decision like this would be accepted in the first place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have two church homes per se. I attend a local Wesleyan church on Sundays, and I travel to Topeka, KS (about 50 miles one way) on Wednesday nights to attend a home church fellowship. Both from my experience and knowledge are pretty adamantly against current world trends on gender identity and such.

The home fellowship has no official statement of doctrine, at least not one that I can link here. But the Wesleyan one does:

They do delve into some aspects of why someone may want to identity in certain ways, but they seem to be pretty adamantly against anything other than what God declared when he said "male and female".

"Based on our biblical and theological study, there is no argument for a “third gender” among humans. Gender confusion and dysphoria are ultimately the biological, psychological, social and spiritual consequences of the human race’s fallen condition. This state of depravity affects all persons individually and collectively.

While society is at liberty to destigmatize or legitimize any behavior it chooses simply by reclassifying and renaming it, Christ-followers adhere to biblical boundaries. It is our Christian conviction that renaming them cannot normalize sin and its expressions. We call upon biblical Christians to continue to accept their role as witnesses who speak prophetically about the need for repentance and sanctification in every culture"
I'm pretty sure with AOG, a person that identifies as that can't even volunteer in the church to help collect money or even be an usher at the door. The church will refuse to allow a person any pathway to leadership since it would be viewed as support.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure with AOG, a person that identifies as that can't even volunteer in the church to help collect money or even be an usher at the door. The church will refuse to allow a person any pathway to leadership since it would be viewed as support.
I think that can be a rather slippery slope. I certainly understand the reasoning, but considering all people have sin, are we to start segregating what sins we are supporting by who we allow to volunteer at the church?

Now don't get me wrong, there is a massive difference between someone who has sin and is wanting to be free from sin, and someone who is living in blatant unrepentant sin, so yeah, I can understand from that POV why a denomination would say no to someone wanting to help in ministry. It would be seen as a show of support of that lifestyle. I just think we need to examine these people and figure out what their motives are, how they view their sin and such.

I couldn't find anything on the Wesleyan website about ministry criteria, but they did mention in that link I offered above putting people who ... Check that, they have a bit about church discipline and this is what it says. Quoted section in whole:

"Church leadership, especially in pastoral, administrative and teaching roles, is problematic for persons who are openly struggling with gender identity issues or actively pursuing gender modification. In most cases, such leadership positions should be avoided or surrendered voluntarily, as long as a person’s attention needs to focus on resolving serious personal matters and the interpersonal conflicts gender nonconformity inevitably causes. Occasionally, however, ministry leaders may need to counsel those serving as volunteers or employed by the Church or its agencies who announce or openly exhibit gender transition desires and actions to seek other involvement or employment because of the obstacle their behavior presents for church unity and advancement."

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our church repeats what the Bible says about gays and they usually don’t stay. People that won’t endure sound doctrine at all are looking for the cozying up. Why do lgbtq even want church, because of internal strife over their lifestyle. They want God but don’t want to give up their sin. Same with fornicators and adulterors. So they don’t go to church. Churches need a ministry to kids so they don’t do transgender and so they see the error of the lifestyle. But it hasn’t been figured out what to do with kids who deviate from the norm. Just one time can be so devastating to their lives.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
well, until the correlation between altered consciousness caused by societal sorcery and issues similar to what is being discussed ... people will continue playing whack-a-mole with weeds, not discerning the seeds.

Not just people, but the whole church needs to pray about things in this area of awareness for it to have any effect .. since the issue is societal.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Why do lgbtq even want church, because of internal strife over their lifestyle. They want God but don’t want to give up their sin. Same with fornicators and adulterors.
Very true.

A person can be born again and fighting against past sins such as this, but they are ultimately suppose to win against it, not find ways to accept it. Sins against the body are normally very hard to get rid of, can take years, but the Christian is suppose to win against them, not give up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I couldn't find anything on the Wesleyan website about ministry criteria, but they did mention in that link I offered above putting people who ... Check that, they have a bit about church discipline and this is what it says. Quoted section in whole:

"Church leadership, especially in pastoral, administrative and teaching roles, is problematic for persons who are openly struggling with gender identity issues or actively pursuing gender modification. In most cases, such leadership positions should be avoided or surrendered voluntarily, as long as a person’s attention needs to focus on resolving serious personal matters and the interpersonal conflicts gender nonconformity inevitably causes. Occasionally, however, ministry leaders may need to counsel those serving as volunteers or employed by the Church or its agencies who announce or openly exhibit gender transition desires and actions to seek other involvement or employment because of the obstacle their behavior presents for church unity and advancement."
Yea, that's basically the same position the AOG is taking.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea, that's basically the same position the AOG is taking.
I was once a credentialed minister in the AoG while out in North Carolina and I know they were rather hardline on homosexual marriages even then, 2010-ish. Hardline in a good way of course.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Blessings.
Just to expound some on this, your point is correct,... Jesus walked around in major power from The Holy Spirit because of that anointing GOD gave Him, and that power would absolutely break any sort of sin trying to manifest itself against Him through people or what have you.

The problem currently with this, is that around 99% of Christians in the world don't even realize such things were passed down to them, and that they are to seek them. They don't know that such things are even possible, and the very few that do are currently contending against an angel who does know about it, one who doesn't want those people walking around also in that same power.

Trying to tell people about receiving the anointing and having the power of The Holy Spirit resting up them only draws a blank in people on here and in church. They don't think there is anything more they are to seek for beyond the gifts.

It's not an easy path to reach for, but some of the old saints actually did attain it,... but they are gone now.

Back to the subject.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟167,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Check it out,...

That's the Lutherans having problems with this. It's hit a good portion of the mainline Protestant denominations, including the Baptists in some areas.

EDIT: Here is more spicy article on this,...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trying to tell people about receiving the anointing and having the power of The Holy Spirit resting up them only draws a blank in people on here and in church. They don't think there is anything more they are to seek for beyond the gifts.
The Holy Spirit is our Comforter. We receive Him freely and humbly. This is when He makes His Home in us. There is a fine line here and we should be reminded that His gifts are for the edification of His Church. Those working outside His will , will not be recognized by Him. It is far more important to love , forgive and repent. The Holy Spirit is a promise to all belivers and His gifts are given by His will only.
Blessings.

Upvote 0