USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem is that you're generalizing. Posting definitions isn't really all that helpful, especially since the definitions posted don't reflect what you've said earlier about the call being the gospel offer, or the called being believers.
How was this direct answer to you question not specific?
How about 2a, 2a1, 2a2, and 2b? When He saves one who believes, they become a new creation, and are given the right to be called the children of God. How do those meanings not work in Rom 8:30?

And, as usual, my question was ignored.

So pick one of the definitions, and we'll run with that.
Since 2a, 2a2 and 2b are all related, that's what I did run with. Now, please keep up.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you using "conviction" like the modern church? "I feel so convicted over my sin."

Or as a judge?
The same way you used it when you brought it up.

This is what you asked in #456:
How do you know that resisting the Holy Spirit is resisting grace, and not resisting conviction?

Your question of how I used the word is quite disingenuous, given you brought it up in the first place. Maybe the problem is with how you meant the word. If you don't think I'm using it the way you did, then please elaborate.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How was this direct answer to you question not specific?
How about 2a, 2a1, 2a2, and 2b? When He saves one who believes, they become a new creation, and are given the right to be called the children of God. How do those meanings not work in Rom 8:30?

And, as usual, my question was ignored.

Since 2a, 2a2 and 2b are all related, that's what I did run with. Now, please keep up.

It's doesn't say that He called them anything, though. That's a huge leap.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The same way you used it when you brought it up.

This is what you asked in #456:
How do you know that resisting the Holy Spirit is resisting grace, and not resisting conviction?

Your question of how I used the word is quite disingenuous, given you brought it up in the first place. Maybe the problem is with how you meant the word. If you don't think I'm using it the way you did, then please elaborate.

If you used it the way I used it, then it's not grace. So, I'm still waiting for anything from you that scripturally equates resisting the Spirit with resisting grace.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's doesn't say that He called them anything, though. That's a huge leap.
Sure. What's the point? I've told you Rom 8:30 describes believers, who are called. I've given you the meaning I believe is meant there.

What else are you trying to get at?

How about laying your cards on the table for once?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you used it the way I used it, then it's not grace. So, I'm still waiting for anything from you that scripturally equates resisting the Spirit with resisting grace.
Seems you'd rather just go round in circles. But I would really like an answer for my question that it seems you'd rather not answer:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sure. What's the point? I've told you Rom 8:30 describes believers, who are called. I've given you the meaning I believe is meant there.

What else are you trying to get at?

How about laying your cards on the table for once?

I hold to the reformed view, which you should be familiar with. You're the one who still hasn't been clear as to what you actually believe. Equivocation isn't normally your style. But it is on this issue.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,744,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Seems you'd rather just go round in circles. But I would really like an answer for my question that it seems you'd rather not answer:

I don't think it is.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hold to the reformed view, which you should be familiar with.
Well, guess what! I have no idea what your view is on this particular issue. So, please proceed and stop stalling.

You're the one who still hasn't been clear as to what you actually believe.
I've been crystal clear.

Equivocation isn't normally your style. But it is on this issue.
Nope. The award continues to be yours. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums