• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

is this ocd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdnet75

Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
✟25,992.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would hesitate to suggest that this activity of yours is either OCD or insanity.

If you were insane, you wouldn't be asking the question. So there's that out of the way.

Generally, a Doctor is best qualified to diagnose OCD. It seems that this classification is usually reserved for folks with an assortment of criterea.

If this activity bothers you and/or others around you, consider asking your doctor.

You don't sound any more crazy than most people if that helps. ( I happen to love my cat enough to keep her healthy as well. )

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
LuvAslan said:
I have a issue regarding pet hygene. I check my cats' and dogs' ears for dirt any time I get a chance and wipe out the dirt if there is any. is this ocd or insanity?

In my opinion, I'd say no to both of those. Your habit (which is probably what your cleaning ritual would best be described as....as opposed to the other alternatives ;) ) doesn't appear to be debilitating. I just think you have a cleanliness issue with your pets...which is not so much of a bad thing. :)

Upvote 0

Jerlene

Jun 24, 2006
Visit site
✟7,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There is no need to consult a doctor. Not unless it truely is compulsive. If you can't sleep, wake up in the middle of the night, etc. all because you feel the need to clean the dirt off of your dog then maybe you should think about some help. Otherwise, leave well enough alone.

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Jerlene said:
There is no need to consult a doctor. Not unless it truely is compulsive. If you can't sleep, wake up in the middle of the night, etc. all because you feel the need to clean the dirt off of your dog then maybe you should think about some help. Otherwise, leave well enough alone.

I disagree. If something is bothering someone by all means a trip to the doctor to get a definite answer can be just what they need. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.