• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is there anyone else who has had cancer?

anjelica

May 14, 2015
✟91,105.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Is there anyone else out there who has had or who has cancer? I know that I have a thread going already, and I don't want my lovely friends to stop posting on that one, but I just wondered whether there is anyone who has had cancer who knows what it is like towards the end of the chemo, and awaiting the final scan?

I am finding this stage so very difficult, and faith is not helping as my faith does not measure up, and then I feel bad because I cannot be happy and positive and all of those things that ppl tell you to be. I am not good at all. This has been the severest test of my whole life, and I have had some real hard tests before this. This one, I have not measured up to and I feel a failure because I have not measured up. At this moment I feel ill, and am struggling real bad.

How has anyone else dealt with this, and with the worry about the results of the final scan?

My last chemo is next Wednesday, and I am dreading the scan that comes after that, and yet it can't come soon enough. My emotions are all over the place and I am finding this so difficult to deal with.

Please, my lovely friends who have kept me going on the other thread, keep on posting there, but I just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who knows what I am going through and who could talk it through with me and understand what I am going through.

Love, anjelica.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟218,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how did your last scan go?

Congrats on the last chemo. I had four biweekly (dose dense A/C) and seven weekly (taxol) with five more to go, then radiation.

I'm ambivalent about having cancer - well, it pretty much sucks, but there are much worse things and mine isn't that bad (stage 1, grade 3). I don't know that surgery didn't get it all - I prefer to think that it did and that chemo and radiation are just extra insurance. Apart from the fatigue, it hasn't been as grueling as I had imagined. I haven't been able to work every day, but I've taken very few off and I've been able to telecommute without any problem (one less worry).

I don't know what it's like for you.

Upvote 0