Feb 23, 2004
✟381,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been posting here for a long time. That reminds me of some women that have posted here, and threads that got locked after they were called out on it.

Of course, Kevin Samuels himself was not what I would call a good man, but that doesn't invalidate his criticisms presented here and in many other of his videos.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟189,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

From experience this has some truth but i want to know has other men experienced the same ?
Maybe it could just be me

Women are notorious for double standards, be it Christian, Jewish, atheist, agnostic, etc etc. For Christian women, it's an added bonus to exhasterbate this double standard by using the Bible.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It isn’t good, consuming that kind of material. Or looking to that sort of people for any type of guidance. It’s the male version of feminism, a toxic cult.

Isn’t that churchianity in general though? Cherry picking bits and pieces of scripture, twisting out of context, and conforming it to a self-serving narrative? Modern pastors do it every weekend. And you have them to thank for these awful ‘church girls’ this guy describes. Virtually all modern pastors have been feminized and don’t teach their women full biblical truth for fear of offending them. It would drastically reduce their tithes and offerings.

There’s a world of difference between Christian woman and ‘church girl’. There are good women out there, you just have to expand your horizons beyond the building-based weekend religious system. And don’t get caught up in consuming that type of material online. It’s not good for you.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I probably did experienced this once.

Just watch out for the red flags and move on. You can't change people. Even if you could, you'd have wasted your time doing something when you could have done something else more productive.

Bible thumping is just a crazy idea because for every passage, you'll find a contradictory passage elsewhere in the Bible. I'm not saying contradictory verses are all over the Bible but saying the Bible always offers an "exit clause" - to avoid getting stuck... Perhaps getting stuck in the wrong church, wrong denomination, wrong belief. You can't be a slave forever, unless you want to or believe you will be.

For example like men need to be good providers for the family but not always. There will be situations where you'll need to do things so bad to be hated by your own family. Wife needing to submit to husband but under present circumstances, you don't really. Respecting the authority of the church and yet having the permission to scrutinize and rebuke church authorities at any time. Ironically, many church authorities will tell you, you can't do such things because they are false teachers. There's even potentially bad prophesies in the Bible against some of the apostles (which could explain why Christianity has essentially failed in most regards).

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Respecting the authority of the church and yet having the permission to scrutinize and rebuke church authorities at any time. Ironically, many church authorities will tell you, you can't do such things because they are false teachers. There's even potentially bad prophesies in the Bible against some of the apostles (which could explain why Christianity has essentially failed in most regards).
Well, if we go by what The Lord Jesus Christ said in Matthew 23:8-12, He makes it clear we are all brethren, and only God is our authority..and they who are greatest among us are to be in a servant’s role..not in a position of authority. The local congregations are to have multiple elders aka bishops (1 Timothy 5:17, Titus 1:5-7) who are to be held in high esteem and respected, and oversee the gathering. But it is a humble servant’s role rather than what you’d call ‘authority’.

This modern manmade system with authority figures was based upon the pagan Roman government, not the biblical New Testament body. All believers born from above are of one Spirit anyways, 1 John 2:27, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:13. So no need for authority, Christ is our master (Matthew 23:10). All that is biblically required is more experienced elders/bishops to oversee the gatherings so they operate in order as the members of the assembly actively share their gifts with the brethren (1 Corinthians 14:40), not sit idle in silence as one man lords it over the rest.

I think I understand what you mean, but actually the Christian Faith hasn’t failed. Similar to how individual believers aren’t to be focused on worldly ‘success’ the Christian Faith as a whole will not be a worldly success..Christ said narrow is the way to life, few there be that find it (Matthew 7:14). Most ‘Christians’ (so-called) are only cultural traditionalists practicing weekend rituals rather than born from above children of God.

As for churchianity, which is much different than the Christian Faith, it has had tremendous worldly success. It is a thriving multi-billion dollar industry and has control over the beliefs of many hundreds of millions of people globally. It has accomplished what it’s founders, the ‘church fathers’ (so-called) set out to achieve..control of the masses. In Matthew 7:7 Christ said “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:” He wants His people actively pursuing the truth and God’s will. Churchianity instead is more like ‘obey religious ‘authorities’, let them spoon feed you manmade doctrines, and open your wallets to keep feeding the beast’. Never question any of it, never actively pursue truth, which sets us free (John 8:32).

If we consider the fact that most of weekend religion gathers on Sunday aka ‘the day of the sun’ which was also a pagan Roman holiday, while the day Christ’s birth is observed by the denominational religious system falls on the same exact day as the celebration of the pagan Roman sun god Sol Invictus, it begins to paint a very interesting picture. It begins to explain a lot actually. Things start to make a whole lot of sense. And rather than ever dare question the manmade system they were brought up in, adherents of the weekend religious system only tend to become angry.

“Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?” —Galatians 4:16

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, if we go by what The Lord Jesus Christ said in Matthew 23:8-12, He makes it clear we are all brethren, and only God is our authority..and they who are greatest among us are to be in a servant’s role..not in a position of authority. The local congregations are to have multiple elders aka bishops (1 Timothy 5:17, Titus 1:5-7) who are to be held in high esteem and respected, and oversee the gathering. But it is a humble servant’s role rather than what you’d call ‘authority’.

This modern manmade system with authority figures was based upon the pagan Roman government, not the biblical New Testament body. All believers born from above are of one Spirit anyways, 1 John 2:27, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:13. So no need for authority, Christ is our master (Matthew 23:10). All that is biblically required is more experienced elders/bishops to oversee the gatherings so they operate in order as the members of the assembly actively share their gifts with the brethren (1 Corinthians 14:40), not sit idle in silence as one man lords it over the rest.

I think I understand what you mean, but actually the Christian Faith hasn’t failed. Similar to how individual believers aren’t to be focused on worldly ‘success’ the Christian Faith as a whole will not be a worldly success..Christ said narrow is the way to life, few there be that find it (Matthew 7:14). Most ‘Christians’ (so-called) are only cultural traditionalists practicing weekend rituals rather than born from above children of God.

As for churchianity, which is much different than the Christian Faith, it has had tremendous worldly success. It is a thriving multi-billion dollar industry and has control over the beliefs of many hundreds of millions of people globally. It has accomplished what it’s founders, the ‘church fathers’ (so-called) set out to achieve..control of the masses. In Matthew 7:7 Christ said “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:” He wants His people actively pursuing the truth and God’s will. Churchianity instead is more like ‘obey religious ‘authorities’, let them spoon feed you manmade doctrines, and open your wallets to keep feeding the beast’. Never question any of it, never actively pursue truth, which sets us free (John 8:32).

If we consider the fact that most of weekend religion gathers on Sunday aka ‘the day of the sun’ which was also a pagan Roman holiday, while the day Christ’s birth is observed by the denominational religious system falls on the same exact day as the celebration of the pagan Roman sun god Sol Invictus, it begins to paint a very interesting picture. It begins to explain a lot actually. Things start to make a whole lot of sense. And rather than ever dare question the manmade system they were brought up in, adherents of the weekend religious system only tend to become angry.

“Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?” —Galatians 4:16

We still live in the Roman Empire just hidden in plainsight.

What's not hidden in plain sight is literally all structures of power all over the world, governments, banking/money, armed forces, are all using Latin - the language of the Roman Empire, even in the rich Arab states and the worlds's foremost religions - Christianity, Islam, and Judaism - the so-called "Abrahamic Religions".

We simply live in evil times.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You only need to worry about one! That’s his experiences. What’s your experiences. What will your experiences be.

What’s wrong w/ the man being accountable? Too often Christian men don’t hold themselves accountable than wonder why Christian women don’t care for Christian men
We still live in the Roman Empire just hidden in plainsight.

What's not hidden in plain sight is literally all structures of power all over the world, governments, banking/money, armed forces, are all using Latin - the language of the Roman Empire, even in the rich Arab states and the worlds's foremost religions - Christianity, Islam, and Judaism - the so-called "Abrahamic Religions".

We simply live in evil times.
I been thinking a lot of this lately. The NT calls it Babylon. The evils of culture were born when it was Babylon. (Example: perverting the worship of the True God for man-made gods) Today's evils can be traced right to Babylon. Revelation spells out the death of Babylon has yet to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"They're Manipulative" - a manipulator's favorite cover. They call that hiding in plain sight.
Doesn't mean that the particular women he had in mind weren't themselves manipulative.

• Agree
Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You only need to worry about one! That’s his experiences. What’s your experiences. What will your experiences be.

What’s wrong w/ the man being accountable? Too often Christian men don’t hold themselves accountable than wonder why Christian women don’t care for Christian men

I been thinking a lot of this lately. The NT calls it Babylon. The evils of culture were born when it was Babylon. (Example: perverting the worship of the True God for man-made gods) Today's evils can be traced right to Babylon. Revelation spells out the death of Babylon has yet to come.

When this evil sits at what is supposed to be our beacon of good and righteousness the beacon that represents God on Earth, it becomes a nearly impossible challenge to let other people know.

When I worked in Saudi Arabia for two years, I saw the signature of the Roman Empire everywhere. It makes you really wonder if the Saudis are at all Muslims or just wearing costumes.

Ironically, this discussion in depth won't even be fit even in the conspiracy forum. The international 'checks' in place supposed to protect the weak is in fact, used to protect evil secrets. If I speak plainly, this post won't even last a second!

Going back to topic, nothing is out of reach of this evil.

Those who stand by the church and not God, you're bound to observe wrong things out of it. Bad behavior, narcissism. They

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"They're Manipulative" - a manipulator's favorite cover. They call that hiding in plain sight.
So much of this.

Also, if you’re not a fan of the game the other person is playing, then move on. Let’s face it, dating is a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don’t.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When this evil sits at what is supposed to be our beacon of good and righteousness the beacon that represents God on Earth, it becomes a nearly impossible challenge to let other people know.
Overall I agree, but to be technical lol, that position definitely is not supposed to represent God on earth, not for His set apart ekklesia anyway, the true Church. That position is only part of an unbiblical, manmade hierarchy based on the pagan Roman govt. And the title they hold comes from a Greek term for ‘father’ which goes against Christ’s command in Matthew 23:9.

The obvious is hidden in plain sight..their one hour of worship per week is on ‘the day of the sun’, when the Lord Jesus Christ told us to deny self and take up our cross daily (Luke 9:23). True worship is how one lives their life daily, not 1 hour a week of vain lip service. They observe the birth of their ‘savior’ on the same day as the official pagan Roman sun god. Then there’s this:

C07CE847-25F5-4824-BE83-6FACEC5C83CA.jpeg

58F1C8B1-BF3E-46CD-B4F4-B50561779471.jpeg

“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.”
—Jeremiah 7:18

2AD3F99E-F5C1-4521-962E-681FF199B2ED.jpeg

0D4BD34A-1BCF-4E52-AAF2-0B1DC070F1EA.jpeg

568F40E3-2626-45F2-BD33-A3E546AA8327.jpeg

Clown World is REAL!!!

Those who stand by the church and not God, you're bound to observe wrong things out of it. Bad behavior, narcissism. They
Most definitely..churchianity is full of narcissistic and other types of highly toxic individuals. That is the type of person described in the OP’s video link..entirely self-centered, manipulative, entitled, no accountability. The exact opposite of a biblical Christian. Which is why it is a mistake for Christian men to limit themselves to the building-based religious system if they desire a spouse. There are good women out there. I am not recommending anyone marry a non-believer at all either. Just saying it is best to go by the fruit they bear rather than their religious building attendance.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
@GodBeMercifulToMeASinner Careful, all denominations of Christianity are respected here.

Blessings

I second this but as a matter of true story, @GodBeMercifulToMeASinner ,I actually got myself permanently banned from a *secular*, non-religious Conspiracy forum speaking about a certain topic of evil that many religions unknowingly ascribe to.

Even on a 'no holds barred' conspiracy forum that generally don't respect religions including Christianity, the non-religious members get extremely touchy on a certain religious subject they probably have no idea what it is about. Like getting turned on by a switch. Like some sci-fi horror movie.

I'm just saying even in a hardcore conspiracy forum, certain conspiracies are still off-limits. For a group people who claims to have their mind "out of the box" and will give the benefit of doubt to any concept or idea would set impenetrable boundaries on a certain subjects. Just talking about the "unmentionable" sets people off into zombie mode. Just proves we're born into a prison we can't see so we don't even think it exist. A prison for the mind. A script out of the Matrix movie. But that's just it. The truth will set you free. No more caged thoughts

Sadly, there's no way I'm going to talk about it. This is one of those things you have to 'dig' on your own. How much are you willing to pay to know the truth. Will you hold anything back, like your soul or keeping it from going to hell maybe? Because without the truth, you cannot love God and in order to love God, you can't hold anything back, including your soul, all things you have ever known even at the threat of hell. Would you still have looked for the Truth or loved God IF (purely hypothetically speaking) if doing so would doom you to hell?

Love the Lord your God with all your...soul..heart,mind....

Luke 17:33
Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

The wrong motives, wrong desires dooms a person. If you care more about getting your soul saved than entertaining the possibility all you have ever known is a lie will get you nowhere. Getting a person especially a sinful, evil person converted into Christianity isn't the greatest miracle - ironically, this is a Pharisee concept (beware of the Pharisees). Just know the truth because you just cannot know God, let alone love Him without it (John 1:1).

The harder a person embraces a lie, the more toxic they become. This is what people are seeing. Manipulative, narcissistic, self-absorbed behavior.

What if the people and things you trust the most are the ones feeding you the lies? We all hate having bad stuff on our computer and phones like malwares, spywares, viruses, hack apps. But what if your phone or computer is the malware, spyware, virus? How would you know? You can't. The question becomes a matter of wanting to know or keeping things the way as is, go with the flow to have our life as easy as possible. Ironically, that's the key to an easy life, stop looking for the truth, live in the comfort of your mind you have already found the truth. Ignorance is bliss, just avoid indulging too much, have discipline and you're 'golden' by its worldly definition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I second this but as a matter of true story, @GodBeMercifulToMeASinner ,I actually got myself permanently banned from a *secular*, non-religious Conspiracy forum speaking about a certain topic of evil that many religions unknowingly ascribe to.

Even on a 'no holds barred' conspiracy forum that generally don't respect religions including Christianity, the non-religious members get extremely touchy on a certain religious subject they probably have no idea what it is about. Like getting turned on by a switch. Like some sci-fi horror movie.

I'm just saying even in a hardcore conspiracy forum, certain conspiracies are still off-limits. For a group people who claims to have their mind "out of the box" and will give the benefit of doubt to any concept or idea would set impenetrable boundaries on a certain subjects. Just talking about the "unmentionable" sets people off into zombie mode. Just proves we're born into a prison we can't see so we don't even think it exist. A prison for the mind. A script out of the Matrix movie. But that's just it. The truth will set you free. No more caged thoughts

Sadly, there's no way I'm going to talk about it. This is one of those things you have to 'dig' on your own. How much are you willing to pay to know the truth. Will you hold anything back, like your soul or keeping it from going to hell maybe? Because without the truth, you cannot love God and in order to love God, you can't hold anything back, including your soul, all things you have ever known even at the threat of hell. Would you still have looked for the Truth or loved God IF (purely hypothetically speaking) if doing so would doom you to hell?

Love the Lord your God with all your...soul..heart,mind....

Luke 17:33
Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.

The wrong motives, wrong desires dooms a person. If you care more about getting your soul saved than entertaining the possibility all you have ever known is a lie will get you nowhere. Getting a person especially a sinful, evil person converted into Christianity isn't the greatest miracle - ironically, this is a Pharisee concept (beware of the Pharisees). Just know the truth because you just cannot know God, let alone love Him without it (John 1:1).

The harder a person embraces a lie, the more toxic they become. This is what people are seeing. Manipulative, narcissistic, self-absorbed behavior.

What if the people and things you trust the most are the ones feeding you the lies? We all hate having bad stuff on our computer and phones like malwares, spywares, viruses, hack apps. But what if your phone or computer is the malware, spyware, virus? How would you know? You can't. The question becomes a matter of wanting to know or keeping things the way as is, go with the flow to have our life as easy as possible. Ironically, that's the key to an easy life, stop looking for the truth, live in the comfort of your mind you have already found the truth. Ignorance is bliss, just avoid indulging too much, have discipline and you're 'golden' by its worldly definition.
It isn’t about getting your soul saved, that’s an entirely wrong motive. Won’t work that way at all. This is why denominational building-based religion is so ineffective. Shouldn’t even cross one’s mind on that day of reckoning, the fate of their soul. But that is what keeps the religious buildings in business..concern for their own souls. It’s what keeps the cash flow coming in to the multi-billion dollar industry.

The moment God reaches down into the sewer, giving his lowly creations that chance to really come to the cross, where He shows you exactly what you are before Him, the last thing that comes to mind at that point is having your soul saved, or any other selfish things. If anything, you will be willing to swan dive right into the lake head first on your own power out of shame and self-disgust, for all you’ve done against Him.

When God extends that mercy, the opportunity to fully accept what you are before Him (we surely do not ‘accept’ Jesus as the famous mantra goes), it brings a person to the point where they will be entirely fine with going to hell. They will fully realize, they deserve it, accept it 100% and be satisfied with that judgment out of sheer disgust for all they have committed against Him. Our souls technically aren’t even ours anyways, Ezekiel 18:4. All people belong to God is what that verse means, but that would also include the souls of His creation.

Most people truly have no idea how many times more abhorrent their sin is before God than any mortal human on earth. And that moment where He reaches down into the sewer, He lets that be known clearly, and it burns very deeply. What He chooses to do with your soul, you will be good with at that point in time..and you will still be thankful for the mercy He had on you all the days He gave you here in this Clown World realm. From then on a person will seek to live life in accordance with His will..we will still struggle with the flesh but that is what takes the priority.

I’ll have to disagree with that being a pharisee concept..such a mind state as the pharisees cannot see their own wickedness and they think they can ‘religion’ their way to righteousness. Their hearts have been hardened, and the heart is what matters to God. But that is part of God’s Grace, the day He reaches down into the sewer, to show us the truth, and how merciful He truly was all that time. It is not possible to see what we really are without His love and mercy. He loved us first (1 John 4:10, 1 John 4:19). That concept there itself ought to put things into perspective, what we really are.

Ahh but of course, there are some things that aren’t allowed to be discussed anywhere..that is for certain. But in due time, all will be revealed. Luke 12:2. The evil of this world it is not good to get wrapped up in, and that isn’t what we are called to do anyways. What we are called to do is what is written in Matthew Chapters 5-7, and there is no evil associated with that religion, or that of James 1:27, but as for manmade religion and it’s endless and ever-evolving (or devolving) theories (theology)..well that is a whole other story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟291,443.00
Faith
Christian
So much of this.

Also, if you’re not a fan of the game the other person is playing, then move on. Let’s face it, dating is a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don’t.

The dating scene is a labyrinth. It's best avoided unless you enjoy a bit of midweek entertainment and relish uncertainty. It is a good way to break up the mundane and get out. And when it goes well, all the better.

Even when I lose, I still win. I've never been the bitter type. I take a note of the lessons learned and add another penny to the wisdom bank. One woman once chewed my ear off incessantly about the Baha'i faith for three solid hours - and after all that, I still don't understand what it believes in. (Yeah, get in the bin.)

Nowadays, I'd prefer to see my efforts rewarded in hard cash. So I might actually start gambling instead. At least the fruit machine won't tell me "I'd be much better looking if I shaved my beard off."

^ Like I said, I'm not the bitter type... :tearsofjoy:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
While this exemplifies the adage chew the fat and spit out the bones. It neglects the realities we must be mindful of as believers and our condition in light of its consumption. We may find snippets of truth from many sources. But it doesn't suggest we're in the right place mentally, emotionally or spiritually to absorb them without incident.

As @Sketcher shared, there are things he says which are correct. You could say the same about Andrew Tate and others on the Internet. In most instances they're an echo chamber of sorts. They validate what's wrong or lacking. But they can't provide a remedy. They'll never tell you how to find a godly spouse. Because they haven't done the same.

Kevin had two failed marriages. He wouldn't be my choice for relational advice. And his delivery is questionable in light of the word.

Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweet and delightful to the soul and healing to the body.
Let your speech at all times be gracious and pleasant, seasoned with salt, so that you will know how to answer each one [who questions you].

Pleasant (Websters 1828): Pleasing; agreeable; grateful to the mind or to the senses. (e.g. Psalms 133:1)
Gracious: Favorable; expressing kindness and favor. (e.g. Luke 4:22)

I have similar thoughts about the rest and for the most part I don't think it's edifying to steep your heart in negative verbiage. It doesn't solve the problem or move you nearer to its resolution. It reinforces negative thoughts, experiences and increases judgment and blame. A steady diet will leave you bitter and hopeless.

How is God glorified in that state?

The solution is simple. Get back to love. Loving yourself and one another. Stop looking for validation and me too's. Everyone hurts. Everyone loses. Everyone longs at some point. You don't have to dwell on it.

If you want to find the love of your life that's where you should rest. In love. Start consuming it liberally and praying it into your life. There are wonderful channels devoted to men, women and couples with Christian content that's instructive and uplifting. Start listening to them instead.

The channels I subscribe to have several things in common:

They're believers and acknowledge it openly.
They're married.
The majority have families.
They speak of their spouse and children respectfully on camera.
They're keepers of the home.
Have wholesome interests.
Don't use profane speech on camera.
They're modest.
Aren't provocateurs or fear mongers.
The majority are homesteaders or gardeners.
Many are homeschooling.
They exhibit discipline and diligence.
They're wise stewards.
The content isn't worldly.

That's what I have in my ear. They reinforce the qualities I want to embody and the practices I want to improve. I draw a lot of inspiration and insight from them and I'm blessed. I'm aware of the dating landscape and spent years discussing it. But I rarely do anymore. Largely for the reasons shared above.

Humans have an odd attraction to pain. It's become a past-time for some and that's unfortunate. With all that God is doing in the world we focus on what's wrong and wonder why gratitude is lacking or our prayer life is limping.

Sometimes it's necessary to settle our accounts. Where has it led you? Are you closer to finding her or working towards marriage in a relationship? Wisdom brings good fruit. If we're eating aright our lives bear witness to its presence.

If you're spending your time listening to dating woes, gender wars and the manosphere maybe that's the problem. Perhaps a pivot is needed.

Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.
He who diligently seeks good seeks favor and grace, but he who seeks evil, evil will come to him.

Finally, believers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and confirmed by God’s word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things [center your mind on them, and implant them in your heart].

~bella

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While this exemplifies the adage chew the fat and spit out the bones. It neglects the realities we must be mindful of as believers and our condition in light of its consumption. We may find snippets of truth from many sources. But it doesn't suggest we're in the right place mentally, emotionally or spiritually to absorb them without incident.

As @Sketcher shared, there are things he says which are correct. You could say the same about Andrew Tate and others on the Internet. In most instances they're an echo chamber of sorts. They validate what's wrong or lacking. But they can't provide a remedy. They'll never tell you how to find a godly spouse. Because they haven't done the same.

Kevin had two failed marriages. He wouldn't be my choice for relational advice. And his delivery is questionable in light of the word.
They didn't even want to provide a remedy, they did not espouse monogamous lifestyles for men. But they were good at pointing out what's broken, as their lifestyles exposed them to many worldly women who were broken. Which is the cross-section that men with higher aspirations can take value from, especially since men who want to be monogamous have stakes that much higher than they did. Lots of bones to throw away though. It's not that hard for me to pick them out because I grew up with a father. I think a good percentage of their fans did not.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
They didn't even want to provide a remedy, they did not espouse monogamous lifestyles for men. But they were good at pointing out what's broken, as their lifestyles exposed them to many worldly women who were broken. Which is the cross-section that men with higher aspirations can take value from, especially since men who want to be monogamous have stakes that much higher than they did. Lots of bones to throw away though. It's not that hard for me to pick them out because I grew up with a father. I think a good percentage of their fans did not.

There's more money in platitudes than remedies. I think most of their audience desires to be heard and understood. Some are looking for validation or something that reinforces the notion they're not to blame. I don't think they're acceptable examples of masculinity as the Lord presents. Nor are their lifestyles worthy of emulation. They're libertines.

Many are dazzled by their wealth and material spoils and want the same. But there's a dark side to that path. They're never settled and always have others. Too many to count. They pursue women they can mold who accept their behavior without complaint. The majority have a god complex. He's their orbit and whatever he says is right.

They expect conformity, obedience, respect and admiration. They don't like challenges and punishment is swift. And they're not a fan of rules. They're controlling and domineering and demand subservience. She's not his equal or beneath him. She's at his feet. That's her place. As you would expect their appetites follow suit.

I've known men like that and avoid them. There's no autonomy with him. He tells you how to think, how to feel, how to behave and so on. Your identity is in him. And you'll never be kept unless you're broken. Your worldview mirrors his.

There's a lot of indoctrination and conditioning. That's why they appeal to men. They know how to get in your head because they do it elsewhere. There's a lot of parallels with Stockholm Syndrome if you know what to look for. That's what's really behind the manosphere.

~bella

Upvote 0