Is the Earth Flat?

Degrees of Earth flatness:

• It's not flat. It's a giant, spinning spaceball.

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • It's flat, but all the other planets are giant, spinning spaceballs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's flat, and a dome surrounds it.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, a dome surrounds it, and the Earth is the center of the universe.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • It's flat, domed, and planets/stars are actually illusions/objects in the dome.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It's all of the above, and the government is covering it all up at the behest of Satan.

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No but geocentrism does.

Actually there is nothing about geocentrism that makes the Earth flat. The traditional "geocentric" model is a spherical Earth with the "planets"* moving about it. The flat earth is really not a "geocentric" model but more some dome-and-pillars Babylonian nonsense.

*The ancient seven "classical" planets (literally "wanderers") were the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Here I've given then in the order of their co-named days of the week.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Actually there is nothing about geocentrism that makes the Earth flat. The traditional "geocentric" model is a spherical Earth with the "planets"* moving about it. The flat earth is really not a "geocentric" model but more some dome-and-pillars Babylonian nonsense.

*The ancient seven "classical" planets (literally "wanderers") were the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. Here I've given then in the order of their co-named days of the week.
The traditional geocentric model with the spherical earth is nonsense. It actually piggybacks off the (heliocentric) spheroidal earth and therein is its inherent downfall for the simple reason that the genesis of its (alleged) spheroidicity subsumes an (allegedly) rotating earth. Hence, geocentrism necessitates a flat earth. It's that simple. See Nota Bene: The Fallacy of Spheroidal Earth Geocentrism and Heliocentrism in the Early Modern Period.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The traditional geocentric model with the spherical earth is nonsense. It actually piggybacks off the (heliocentric) spheroidal earth and therein is its inherent downfall for the simple reason that the genesis of its (alleged) spheroidicity subsumes an (allegedly) rotating earth. Hence, geocentrism necessitates a flat earth. It's that simple. See Nota Bene: The Fallacy of Spheroidal Earth Geocentrism and Heliocentrism in the Early Modern Period.

I'm not going to take seriously any links to flerfer websites. Give me a break, man.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟248,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
?
I don't think that's quite the right order. I like to use French or Japanese to help me remember.

Sunday - Dimanche - Sun
Monday - Lundi - Moon
Tuesday - Mardi - Mars
Wednesday - Mercredi - Mercury
Thursday - Jeudi - Jupiter
Friday - Vendredi - Venus
Saturday - Samedi - Saturn

Japanese copied the system.
Tuesday = Kayoubi, Mars = Kasei
Wednesday = Suiyoubi, Mercury = Suisei
Thursday = Mokuyoubi, Jupiter = Mokusei
Friday = Kinyoubi, Venus = Kinsei
Saturday = Doyoubi, Saturn = Dosei

Yes. Well. I think it's interesting.
Anyway. Carry on.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟485,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It is though, a ingenious satanic deception, that is built on partial truths that are used to actually create useful apples to take a bite of. So as to set the hook into the ones, who fall into the world of science belief.

This is utterly false. Jesus Christ is among other things Truth incarnate, and the things you declare as being falsehoods and deceptions are literally true. It is also literally true that according to Christ our God, the Old Testament is a typological prophecy of Christ, which is why no important church father interpreted it in a purely literal-historical manner but rather interpreted it using a hermeneutic that is literal where appropriate, and typological-prophetic where appropriate. I speak of course of St. Athanasius, St. Basil, St. Gregory the Theologian, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. John Chrysostom, St. Cyril the Great, St. Ambrose, and many others.

Furthermore, the idea that the Big Bang is a satanic delusion is disproven by the fact that it was first conceived by a devout Roman Catholic priest in the 19th century, and the idea was resisted by many scientists because of anti-Clerical bias. Likewise the concept of the Black Hole was first imagined by an Anglican priest in the late 18th century. Since Anglicanism and Roman Catholicism are Christian churches par excellence, the fact that these important concepts originated with their clerics proves that they cannot be satanic delusions, for to quote Christ our True God, A house divided against each other.

I demand that you stop insisting that the Flat Earth concept is an essential Christian doctrine. This is untrue - no church teaches this, so far as I am aware, even those which embrace creationism, and in insisting this you are harming the faith.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,189,897.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The "impossible task" (as you call it) was actually completed in the nineteenth century
That is the false claim you keep repeating. I looked back through your posts and found the link to your website "Plane Geodesy". Your so called proofs are anything but.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,019,204.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is the false claim you keep repeating. I looked back through your posts and found the link to your website "Plane Geodesy". Your so called proofs are anything but.

Should be called 'Plain Goofy'

Upvote 0

Edwin Wright

Mar 23, 2023
Nova Scotia
Visit site
✟19,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I did not say that the proof in the case of the concept in question was on my website (but it will be). I was referring to a nineteenth-century writer. Once again, your presumptuousness consumes you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.