Is the Catholic Mary, the same as the Biblical Mary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im looking for a Catholic who will take the affirmative position that the Catholic Mary is the Biblical Mary...while I take the dissending position that she is not. If you are interested in joining me in this debate, then you will go first making an opening statement and providing your case that Mary is.

The rules will be the general formal debate standard , except we each will have up to 5,000 words per entry.

Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks. David.

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will take that debate :). But you have to wait a few weeks till June as i have a few other things on the table now. I am excited to debate this one. :) We can look to all her dogma's and all practices that surround her and see how biblical from the old to the new covenant it really is! :) I have written several 8-9 page papers on these using scripture, Greek, the early preachers who died for the faith etc. I think I can show without a shadow of a doubt that Catholics are talking about the same Mary that is in the bible. :) I can even show you some books on the biblical Mary written by former protestant ministers who became Catholic and go much deeper then me. :) I have humiliated you once in our debate on the Gospel and i can do it again using even more scripture and evidence. Bring it on my anti-Catholic bigoted friend!

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will take that debate :). But you have to wait a few weeks till June as i have a few other things on the table now. I am excited to debate this one. :) We can look to all her dogma's and all practices that surround her and see how biblical from the old to the new covenant it really is! :) I have written several 8-9 page papers on these using scripture, Greek, the early preachers who died for the faith etc. I think I can show without a shadow of a doubt that Catholics are talking about the same Mary that is in the bible. :) I can even show you some books on the biblical Mary written by former protestant ministers who became Catholic and go much deeper then me. :) I have humiliated you once in our debate on the Gospel and i can do it again using even more scripture and evidence. Bring it on my anti-Catholic bigoted friend!

Ill consider debating with you on this and ill let you know for sure.

Re: your final 3 sentences : Is cockiness and slander part of the catholic charity needed for salvation that the Catechism talks about ?

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ill consider debating with you on this and ill let you know for sure.

Re: your final 3 sentences : Is cockiness and slander part of the catholic charity needed for salvation that the Catechism talks about ?

I will give you about as much charity as you give Christ Catholic Church in your debates.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will give you about as much charity as you give Christ Catholic Church in your debates.

NO ! The CCC doesn't make that concession for you . You are supposed to show charity to all (regardless) otherwise your journey to eventual salvation will be hampered. Also, Christ didn't start a Religion or Institution, rather, he IS the Kingdom and hes still The Head from heaven. Don't let the Majesterioum fool you . C ya. end

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NO ! Also, Christ didn't start a Religion or Institution, rather, he IS the Kingdom and hes still The Head from heaven. Don't let the Majesterioum fool you . C ya. end

Oh I would love to debate that with you too if you feel you can handle it! I am sure Mr. Chick has some stuff for you to misinterpret on that too as you do all doctrines of Christ Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'd love to see where this is going to go, but as a moderator, I need to shut this down before it gets out of had completely.

We let members play a bit more free and easy here, but we still need to be mindful of the rules; this one in particular:

Flaming and Harassment
● Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue. Refrain from insulting, inflammatory, or goading remarks. When you disagree, remember to address the content of the post and not the poster personally.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
● Stating or implying that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian is not allowed.
● Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

TheyCallMeDavid, if you truly want to pursue a formal debate on this topic, within the context of the rule above you may start another proposal thread. If you choose to do so, only those who are enquiring about the topic, or those truly interested in debating within the rules above, may do so.

Mark
Staff Supervisor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.