Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christians of the first century:
"Nicene creed what?! Never heard of it"

Muslims deny that Christ is Savior and that He died for our sins.
LDS and first century Christians believe that Christ is Savior and that He died for our sins.

Muslims do not believe that Jesus Christ is God.
LDS and first century Christians believe that Jesus Christ is God.

LDS are in good company.
Like first century Christians like LDS. We are one.

LDS didn't even exist until the 1800's AD, so I don't know how you can even think that first century Christians were anything like LDS. Paul would have called JS a heretic and false teacher.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just want to say, Nicene Creed was made by humans, it's not biblical.
Why would what is Biblical matter to Mormonism since it is only valid when it is translated correctly, which is pretty much when it agree's with the books in Mormonism.

So what parts of the Bible are true and what parts have not been translated correctly?

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟63,997.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was not rude.

The ones who say that Adam is not Michael. They make this up. Why is the double standard for LDS?

Yes you were.
I'll make is easier.
What scripture in the Bible says, Adam is Michael?

John 10:15, 1Ne 11:33 Jesus died for our sins. As LDS I was taught this and I believe that this LDS Doctrine is true.

Who is Jesus? I know who he is. What were you taught through the LDS?

You just made this up. There is no such claim in the Bible that: 1) baptism does NOT save, 2)it is just matter of conscience

The book of Acts gives us a very important lesson on this issue. Before we go there, though, we need to quickly consider two texts to set the stage. First, Paul says in Romans 8:9 "If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him." According to Paul, if you don't have the Spirit, you're not a Christian. Second, Ephesians makes it clear that we receive the Spirit when we believe: "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise" (Eph. 1:13).

We learn from these references that you must possess the Holy Spirit before you can be a Christian, and we possess the Spirit when we believe. That's very clear. It's not ambiguous.

With this as a foundation, we go to Acts 10 where Peter is preaching to Gentiles who are non-Christians. In the midst of his preaching, they suddenly begin to speak in tongues and to prophesy.

Why is this significant? It's a sign to Peter, who understands that the external manifestation of spiritual power shows that these Gentiles have the Spirit inside of them. We just learned from Romans and Ephesians that they can only have the Spirit if they have believed and are now part of God's family.

What apparently happened is that, because Peter is preaching and the "fruit" is so ripe, these Gentiles begin believing in their hearts and get transformed and regenerated right then and there. The Holy Spirit enters them and they start evidencing the Holy Spirit in their lives by manifestations of spiritual gifts.

This is a critical passage in the question of baptismal regeneration. Here we have saved people who obviously have the Holy Spirit, evidenced by the manifestations that Peter himself sees. Note the details here in Acts 10: 44-48:

While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. And all the circumcised believers who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out upon the Gentiles also. For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered, "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?" And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.
Peter is saying that these people were now Christians just like he and his companions. But guess what? They haven't gotten wet yet! Baptism comes later. Peter says because they've already received the Spirit, they can now be baptized.

The Acts 10 passage seems completely inflexible in its meaning. The sequence of events leaves no question, it seems, that the order is faith/regeneration/baptism (though I'm open to suggestions).

The idea that regeneration follows faith, not baptism, is reaffirmed in Acts 11:17-18 where Paul says:

If God therefore gave to them the same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?" And when they heard this, they quieted down, and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."
Notice there is no mention of baptism here, only the salient details of regeneration: repentance, faith, and salvation. By all appearances, Acts 10 is univocal. Baptism isn't necessary for salvation.

You just made this up. There is no such claim in the Bible that by faith alone we are saved. Looks like not only LDS make up stuff.

Psalm 32:1-5
How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered! How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit! When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD”; and You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah.

David was fully aware of the nature of God’s free gift of salvation, and Paul makes this clear to us when he describes the knowledge that David had in this regard:

Romans 4:6-8
…just as David also speaks of the blessing upon the man to whom God reckons righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.”

David clearly understood that all of us are sinners who must be saved by the Grace of God (as Paul says, “apart from works”). David wasn’t the only ancient believer who knew that they were going to be saved by their faith, even though the Savior had not yet arrived. The New Testament tells us that all our heroes of faith understood the role that faith played in their salvation:

Hebrews 11:13
All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

These ancient believers certainly knew that their good works couldn’t save them; like Isaiah, they knew that their ‘goodness’ wasn’t ‘good enough’:

Isaiah 64:6
For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; and all of us wither like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

But the Bible does not claim that baptism is not necessary. Those who claim that it is not necessary make up their own doctrine. MEN made doctrine.

Baptism is important, yes. But it doesn't save.

It doesn't say that it is NOT necessary. Why can you make up stuff and LDS can't?
So, if baptism is part of making disciples then it is necessary for salvation. Can you show me the biblical claim where it says that those who are not disciples of Christ can be saved?

I've made my claim. You tell me what scripture you use.

Yep. You are 100% correct. Can you list commandments of Christ that we shouldn't keep? Please, quote the Bible.

Have you read the Ten Commandments recently? Take a quick personal moral inventory by asking yourself these questions:
  • Have you ever given allegiance to anything else over God in your life?
  • Have you ever used anything as an object of worship or veneration?
  • Have you ever used God's name in a vain or vulgar fashion?
  • Have you worshipped God on a consistent basis?
  • Have you disobeyed or dishonored your parents even once?
  • Have you murdered anyone, or even had harsh thoughts about someone (see Matthew 5:22)?
  • Have you had sex with someone other than your spouse, or even thought about it (see Matthew 5:28)?
  • Have you taken something that wasn't yours?
  • Have you lied?
  • Have you hungered after something that didn’t belong to you?

Sound tough? It is. This is God's Law. These are God's requirements. Even in grammar school, 60% is a flunking grade, yet who among us has not violated each of these commandments many times?
Reducing the Ten Commandments to only two doesn't help, by the way. Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind," and "You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets" (Matthew 22:37-40). Even the best of us violate these "minimal" requirements daily.
Whenever you're tempted to trust in your own ability to please God, take a good look at the standard—God's Law—then look at your own score card. To use Paul's words, each of us is "shut up under sin" (Gal. 3:22). Our mouths have been closed, and we all have become accountable to God (Romans 3:19). Saved by our own goodness? The Law gives us no hope.

Did Jesus ever said that we don't have to keep ALL His commandments? Did He say that it is up to us what to keep and what not to keep? I don't think so.

Your right, there's only one law Christ didn't repeat....the Sabbath law.

But Christ knows that we have weaknesses. He knows that we have temptations. He knows that we will break His commandments. That is why we need to repent.

Your right we are sinners saved by grace, through Christ crucified. We do get tempted, but not by God and God always makes a way out of temptation. We don't have to sin, but because we aren't perfect, at times we will.

If I commit adultery it could because I am addicted to sex, I am weak and can NOT resist temptation. But I can resist it and I can overcome it and I can repent. Christ will forgive me.

You see, here's the problem...too many "I's". You are to live in the Spirit as Christ did, not by the flesh.
You may slip up and have an adulterous thought and yes you would repent for that. But if you stay in God's Word, Prayer God will and can keep you from making those slip ups.

But if I choose not to be baptized it has NOTHING to do with my weakness, addictions or temptations. It is OPEN REBELION. Can I be saved while I am in open rebellion against God's will? Hmm, I don't think so.

Please show me the scripture where it says that it is OPEN REBELLION to not be Baptized? Please quote the Bible.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Christians of the first century:
"Nicene creed what?! Never heard of it"

Muslims deny that Christ is Savior and that He died for our sins.
LDS and first century Christians believe that Christ is Savior and that He died for our sins.

Muslims do not believe that Jesus Christ is God.
LDS and first century Christians believe that Jesus Christ is God.

LDS are in good company.
Like first century Christians like LDS. We are one.
Christians of the First, Second, Third, Fourth, etc.....Up until the 19th Century:
"Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon and the rest of the doctrines of Mormonism,? Hmmm.....Never heard of any of them."

I can prove the 1st century Christians believed every single doctrine expressed in the Nicene Creed. We could go line by line with the First century Christians and they would affirm every single belief so they would accept the Creed.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟63,997.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, it seems so ironic that so-called non-Christians can see this so clearly.

Yeah, I know. It shows how willing they are to deny the truth of God. With the truth right in front of them, not only in the Word, but in Creation also.

Upvote 0

Tumie

Nov 26, 2016
South Africa
✟15,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am mormon and I want to debate with people about it being a christian religion or not.
Most Latter Day Saint denominations are derived from the Church of Christ (Latter Day Saints) established by Joseph Smith in 1830. The largest worldwide denomination, and the one publicly recognized as Mormonism, is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, although there are various considerably smaller sects that broke from it after its relocation to the Rocky Mountains in the mid-1800s. Further information can be obtained from the e-book: https://www.paypal.me/eddie101170 for only $23.99. It also contain a lot of information realated to religion and with vibrant picture.

Upvote 0