Is modern secular society headed down the path to Sodom and Gomorrah.

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you come back to something else, I might reengage. I have become rather bored with the right's obsession with this small segment of society. It need not take over every discussion.
Only I didn't bring it up. I am not sure its just the right who are mentioning this but others as well who are concerned about unreal ideas infiltrating health on a more general basis. Its not about the samll group of people but the ideology behind it that has spread beyond the people involved.

Even the gays and lesbians within the LGBTIQ+ community disagree with the ideology. The ideology is what people are reacting to not because they have something against people who experience issues with gender but because the ideology is being pushed onto the wider community. So of course people will react and object.

All I want to say in regards to the topic is its an example of how each side has a completely different view on this. This represents one issue which society is divided on passionately and both sides feed that difference to the point its causing conflicts in society.

So I am not so much interested in people with gender issues but the basis for why people and society itself would support such ideas about humans and nature itself. How modern society believes that they are the gods of nature and can recreate humans and nature into their own image. That is a symptom of how society has moved away from Gods order for nature and this is part of why society is breaking down.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟175,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Only I didn't bring it up. I am not sure its just the right who are mentioning this but others as well who are concerned about unreal ideas infiltrating health on a more general basis. Its not about the samll group of people but the ideology behind it that has spread beyond the people involved.

Even the gays and lesbians within the LGBTIQ+ community disagree with the ideology. The ideology is what people are reacting to not because they have something against people who experience issues with gender but because the ideology is being pushed onto the wider community. So of course people will react and object.

All I want to say in regards to the topic is its an example of how each side has a completely different view on this. This represents one issue which society is divided on passionately and both sides feed that difference to the point its causing conflicts in society.

So I am not so much interested in people with gender issues but the basis for why people and society itself would support such ideas about humans and nature itself. How modern society believes that they are the gods of nature and can recreate humans and nature into their own image. That is a symptom of how society has moved away from Gods order for nature and this is part of why society is breaking down.
Maybe you just don't know what God's order for nature really is.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟205,974.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I am interested in this as I was speaking to some friends the other day about how especially in the media, Hollywood, Music and entertainment there seems to be this pagan or even Satanic ritualistism going on. Things like wearing these head dresses with goat horns and other pagan symbols. Its alwats very provocative and sexual as well. Almost a celebration of our animalistic side.

I think I know what is happening. Just loike in the days when people defied God they turned to nature, to animals and nature itself like Stone idols. Now that modern society is rejecting God this same belief is coming back. It may seem natural for people to worship nature as god. But primarily when this happens its not really about gods in nature but the self as god.

Also in those times people were made gods when theres no transcendent God. As self is god desires and feelings and self experience becomes the god. Therefore pleasure and all the good feelings are moral and the aweful feeling ones are sin.

So are we seeing a repeat of the down fall of society like Sodom and Gormorrah or like with how Empires have fallen where sexxual immorality and pleasure and where the created is worshipped and not the Creator.
Bible prophecy actually describes the world as being like Sodom and Gamora, when Jesus Christ returns to judge the world. The warning was that, God would turn the world over to do those things which are against nature. So from the Biblical point of view, the reason so many have embraced the way of Sodom and Gamora, is because they turned their back to God and God gave them over to serve their lust.

Most of my gay and lesbian friends, say that their lives are difficult, because many of their family and friends don't accept them. They say that they didn't have a choice in their sexuality, that seems to line up with the biblical view of God giving people over to do those things that are inconvenient. It sounds like, they wouldn't choose to be gay or lesbian if they had a choice.

There are two prevailing worldviews, one is a progressive science based view and the other is a conservative view based on faith in God. These are diametrically opposed and irreconcilable worldviews. I have witnessed many debates, with highly educated people from both sides putting their case forward but they never ever reach any consensus or agreement. They just dig in deeper and refuse to give an inch.

At the end of the day, every individual will make choices according to what best reflects their nature. I don't believe it's possible to reprogram a person, to make them change who they are. We can share our views and opinions with everyone but it won't change them.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good old drugs, sex, and rock and roll. It hasn't killed us yet and has become a part of American culture.
But its taken some icons along the way like Jim, Jimmy, Janis and Jones. But then good old Kieth has outlasted them all and he was no saint lol.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bible prophecy actually describes the world as being like Sodom and Gamora, when Jesus Christ returns to judge the world. The warning was that, God would turn the world over to do those things which are against nature. So from the Biblical point of view, the reason so many have embraced the way of Sodom and Gamora, is because they turned their back to God and God gave them over to serve their lust.

Most of my gay and lesbian friends, say that their lives are difficult, because many of their family and friends don't accept them. They say that they didn't have a choice in their sexuality, that seems to line up with the biblical view of God giving people over to do those things that are inconvenient. It sounds like, they wouldn't choose to be gay or lesbian if they had a choice.

There are two prevailing worldviews, one is a progressive science based view and the other is a conservative view based on faith in God. These are diametrically opposed and irreconcilable worldviews. I have witnessed many debates, with highly educated people from both sides putting their case forward but they never ever reach any consensus or agreement. They just dig in deeper and refuse to give an inch.

At the end of the day, every individual will make choices according to what best reflects their nature. I don't believe it's possible to reprogram a person, to make them change who they are. We can share our views and opinions with everyone but it won't change them.
I think you are right in that theree are two main dynamically opposed worldviews. In that sense I think its a spiritual battle, an ideological and philosophical and even an ontological battle for reality itself.

But primarily a spiritual battle and we see this in how theres a growing antagonism and resentment between people that they are willing to destroy opposing views to the point of violence and even death.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟249,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you just don't know what God's order for nature really is.
Actually we do know what Gods order is. If God is the Creator then God is truth, reality, objective reality as well as the God of humans and how they were created in His image male and female. Just as the laws of nature and physics are created by God. So we can know God through science and understanding nature and reality and how it works including evolution.

So there are certain laws, patterns and an order to nature that should not be defied. Just like defying gravity and you will fall. We defy this nature and order to our peril ass we have seen in how we have abused the planet and now we are approaching a threshold where reality will come back to bite us.

Upvote 0