Is it more important for America to fund foreign wars or to secure our southern border?

What is more important?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,847.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Overall it’s sad you are completely apathetic about Ukraine losing soldiers in war because of their arrogance of their young insignificant country.
I don't have to read ignorant comments like this any more. There's a button especially designed for it.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟279,931.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The irony here is that less than 6 months ago, there was a bipartisan compromise bill that provided funds for border security AND international security.

But, a bunch of undies got wadded very tightly underneath a small section of US lawmakers. And so that bill failed.

And now, after months of dithering that cost thousands of lives (but y'know it's okay cause they're furriers) the foreign aid got fully passed but the border drum beaters got next to nothing.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,774.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Canada is a frozen hellhole, and is being invaded so honestly maybe the USA should (they won’t though). Europe shouldn’t give in to Russia though (well Ukraine should though.)

Overall it’s sad you are completely apathetic about Ukraine losing soldiers in war because of their arrogance of their young insignificant country.
Wow, that's a disgusting point of view. Insignificant huh? Well that's one of the more arrogant things I've read here in a while.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The point being that the only reason Ukraine has a remote chance is because they’re being assisted with the money from American taxpayers. If the US didn’t meddle, Ukraine wouldn’t stand a chance. It’s disgusting how America has to play the role of police officer around the world.
How is this “policing”?
This is ”not giving in to Putin’s “protection-racket’”, by paying the shopkeeper to fight off the mafia.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They are standing up for themselves and fighting their own battle, we're just helping even the odds by helping with better equipment.

Actually, very few of our tax dollars -- as a whole -- are going to Ukraine. Instead, we are largely providing our old equipment to Ukraine, with replacements that were already scheduled that are newer and have better capabilities. Now, yes, we are aiding them with ammunition that we are having to replace (though, honestly, even some of that is older and needed to be replace due to being at its expiration date), though in those cases it is still ammunition built in the US. The fact is, 90% of the money "spent on Ukraine" is actually being spent in the US, for US goods. Even more interestingly, some of the equipment being provided by our European allies, such as the F-16s, are "aiding" the US -- as their replacements, the next generation fighter, is being sold to those allies after being built in the US.
While all of this is correct, some could make political hay opining that the Biden Administration is propping up the economy with war.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Catholics get more abortions. I grew up catholic, am Protestant now. Catholics are the ones who are “supposed” to be more pro-life, quite an oddity.
It turned out that the mandate from the Holy See (that [non-ordained] Roman Catholics should bear as many babies as the Good Lord saw fit for them to have), wasn’t such a great idea once modern medicine kept 40% from dying in childhood.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
AKA: we are coddling the country who would otherwise be destroyed on their own.

If we offered no help, it’s likely they would have forfeited early, all we’ve done is cause more deaths.
Also, the World has decided that “conquest-for-land” wars are verboten.
Putin tried the “nice-guy” approach (having a Ukrainian puppet-President) but that fell through, so he was left with no-option but to invade a country that he thought was Russian territory and still isn’t 26 months later.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure that Ukrainian soldiers don’t view their homeland as “insignificant“.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟26,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure that Ukrainian soldiers don’t view their homeland as “insignificant“.
They’re being forced into war and dropping like flies. Meanwhile Ukrainian women have gone to foreign countries and acting like harlots who couldn’t care less for their homeland.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟924,707.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
They’re being forced into war and dropping like flies. Meanwhile Ukrainian women have gone to foreign countries and acting like harlots who couldn’t care less for their homeland.
1713883532966.gif

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Catholics get more abortions. I grew up catholic, am Protestant now. Catholics are the ones who are “supposed” to be more pro-life, quite an oddity.
It is an oddity that a Catholic friend of mine explained by saying that using birth control and having an abortion were equally sinful, so having an occasional abortion would be sinning less than using birth control every time she had sex.

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟26,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is an oddity that a Catholic friend of mine explained by saying that using birth control and having an abortion were equally sinful, so having an occasional abortion would be sinning less than using birth control every time she had sex.
That is, mind boggling, in all honesty. Not all sin is equal in God’s eyes.

Of course, fornication is always a sin. Is she married though?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apart from blasphemy, how do you rank sins?
She is now, last I heard, with children. We lost touch some years ago.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Canada is a frozen hellhole, and is being invaded so honestly maybe the USA should (they won’t though). Europe shouldn’t give in to Russia though (well Ukraine should though.)

The military strategy being provided here. I feel like I'm eavesdropping in at a situation room!

You seem pretty apathetic about Russian soldiers who don't need to be there either. They should just withdraw.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The Catholic Church agrees with that. They just happen to consider both the use of contraception and abortion to be mortal sins.
There was no indication she was fornicating though.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don’t really put them in a specific order but I would think murder is worse than sexual immorality.

Why did you mention blasphemy btw?
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is explicitly called out in the Bible as being the only sin that isn't forgivable.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,774.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh no I said their country is insignificant. Big whoop.
Yes, quite arrogant of you to dismiss others like that. But I am glad that you understand how badly that reflected on you. That and calling refugees harlots really shows off your Christian values. I'm not surprised, you've been shilling for Russia quite a lot here.

Would still love to hear your justification for why Ukraine is ok to be sacrificed for Russia but oddly enough, no other European nation.

Upvote 0