Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm watching a humorous Youtuber who is not board safe cover the recent entertainment news (The Critical Drinker).

Besides the video being funny, because the Vlogger drops lots of wisecracks and one liner's it is kind of ironic because it is still Gay Pride month, and boy did that show push all that stuff in the most cringeworthy manner possible! I don't think I ever watched a video of it, but tend to watch a lot of review videos on this and other industry news.

This is almost like the sinking of the Titanic! The CW has had an extremely low ratings bar for its super heroes shows going back to the last 5 seasons or so of Smallville. If that show had been on any other network in earlier times it would have been lucky to have had 5 seasons when you compare it to other shows like Firefly, Heroes, Babylon 5 on other networks in 90s and early 2000s.

The CW came up with a new financial model that it is OK if a shows rating are on the low side that the show was looked at as a long term business when it came to the money it would make over the years from syndication, the sale of DVDs, merchandise and so on. But finally it looks like a show came around to break even that ultra tolerant model.

It would be really interesting to know what the history of Television would be like if such an easy going model had existed in earlier times. The original Star Trek was the first show to kind of break the expectations of the old time TV execs being the first real "cult show", where all the fan conventions and it being in syndication is what made the franchise. But many promising shows over the years could not handle the dog eat dog world of prime time TV ratings.

But anyway finally bad writing, bad acting and all other kinds of bad management are finally starting to catch up with the entertainment industry in a number of different franchises and well this is the latest example of Wokism making people "go broke".

Last edited:

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I thought that Arrow was well done in its first two seasons.
After that, it (and its connected Arrowverse) just went downhill.

Yes they basically converted (aka retroconned) Green Arrow to basically be Batman who uses a bow. Rather than his prior Happy Go lucky self that was depicted in ealier comics and TV shows where he is much more of light hearted wise cracker like the Amazing Spiderman.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,366.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes they basically converted (aka retroconned) Green Arrow to basically be Batman who uses a bow. Rather than his prior Happy Go lucky self that was depicted in ealier comics and TV shows where he is much more of light hearted wise cracker like the Amazing Spiderman.
I totally agree - a DC billionaire playboy hero who fights villains at night with his incredible kit and fighting skills. I only watched it because I was sick and huddled on the lounge. Once in it got a bit addicting - then in the later seasons Felicity Smoke became the most annoying whinny side-kick ever.

But hey - how good was "The Batman"? While I liked certain elements of the Nolan trilogy - and though Heath's Joker was the best - Nolan had this thing about setting Gotham in any modern glass skyscraper city. The message was, "This could be happening in your town." But that kind of robs Gotham of it's Gothamness. Gotham itself is one of the characters in the story. The Batman got Gotham right - not the industrial hellscape of Burton, nor the shiny skyscraper city. It's New York - but from a darker dimension. So good!

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree - a DC billionaire playboy hero who fights villains at night with his incredible kit and fighting skills. I only watched it because I was sick and huddled on the lounge. Once in it got a bit addicting - then in the later seasons Felicity Smoke became the most annoying whinny side-kick ever.

But hey - how good was "The Batman"? While I liked certain elements of the Nolan trilogy - and though Heath's Joker was the best - Nolan had this thing about setting Gotham in any modern glass skyscraper city. The message was, "This could be happening in your town." But that kind of robs Gotham of it's Gothamness. Gotham itself is one of the characters in the story. The Batman got Gotham right - not the industrial hellscape of Burton, nor the shiny skyscraper city. It's New York - but from a darker dimension. So good!

That's cool I have yet to see the new batman movie or that Joker movie from late 2019. I kind of expected that one to have been on Netflix a long time ago, but Covid really changed everything kind of like those big writer's strikes that happen every 15 years or so does with TV.

Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0